PDA

View Full Version : Problems with flickering stargazer display?

Joseph
06-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Recently upgraded from very old version of pp (4.01) to 09 stargazer. (for ease of use and needed working speedo) Only been on the water 4 times. Last time out, the display flickered constantly-displaying all numbers and graphics but started working after 20 to 30 minutes. Today, same thing, but interspersed with background light only and no numbers at all. Tried all the connectors. Tight. I'll call PP later this week but hoping someone has been through this.

east tx skier
06-14-2010, 12:44 AM
What's your voltage (check the settings menu and it should tell you). Do you have that little black dongle on the power input on the MM?

didierz
06-14-2010, 09:46 AM
I got a early version of Stargazer PP for my 205V. I did have similar issues. I trouble shot it with a guy from PP over the phone and he diag. it as a faulty display board. They sent out a new display for the price of shipping from Canada. My display would black out and then send horizontal pixles from left to right across the display. The new display works perfect.

Joseph
06-15-2010, 10:19 PM
what's a "black dongle?" I'll check tomorrow. How can I check the voltage? where do i put the voltmeter? The problem with trouble shooting with PP on the phone is that I only get to go out on the boat on the weekends. Well, we'll see.

Joseph
06-20-2010, 10:55 AM
called pp. Since the pp would engage when i pushed the on/off button, they thought it was a problem with the display itself and are sending out a new gauge. Thanks for your help guys. i'll have a speedo again in no time :)