PDA

View Full Version : Water in FWD Bilge?

TN X-45
06-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Anyone had this problem on a 2008 X-45? I havent checked it out yet, but it seems that my pump runs at least once per outing and there is always an inch or so at the end of the day? My aft bilge is bone dry. Where should I start?

Thrall
06-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Mine has a bit of water, maybe 1 inch in the fwd bilge alot of times as well, bilge pump never comes on. I think the bilge is continuous and just lower at the front when sitting on a trailer??????????? (Maybe their's a bulkhead between them?)
I've attributed it to taking a splash over the bow and getting a little water in the boat, but not positive. I'll have to pay closer attention. Not sure where anything could leak up there unless the fittings on the kgb tank are leaking as I got no leaks around the shaft seal, r/w pickup or ballast pickup.

Silverdawg
06-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Same with me. Always water in the front, never in the rear.

TN X-45
06-12-2010, 07:50 PM
My pump never comes on either - but when I manually turn it on, it will blige some water. I get rare splash over the bow, so I dont think thats it. Might be KGB, but I am not sure. I dry stack it, so it doesnt sit over night. Now I am more curious, since it seems others have this problem.

Thrall
06-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Same with me. Always water in the front, never in the rear.

Weird! So, is the bilge continuous or separate?
I'll have to pay closer attention. In the 8 times I've had the boat out, I've taken a splash once over the bow and others have taken a splash while pulling me a few times (and one other day it rained like he!!), so that's what I have been attributing it to. I'm pretty sure I've checked once or twice and it's been dry.
What else is there, the paddle wheel wires?

TN X-45
06-14-2010, 06:51 PM
They must be somehow separated as my rear bilge is always dry as can be. FWD bilge is always wet.