PDA

View Full Version : Comfortis

atlfootr
06-09-2010, 09:43 AM
FYI, case you haven't heard ...

There's a newer flea treatment on the market that has FDA approval, must be prescribe to you by your vet.

After using both the K9 ADVANTIX and Heartgard, I bought some the other day for my dog because here in Florida fleas are a major issue. No matter how often you wash your dog and have the yard professional sprayed and treated they still seem to stay around.

Within 30 minutes after I gave him a Comfortis chew tablet, I kid you not fleas were dropping stone cold dead.
I have owned dogs my whole life and I have to say, "This stuff is fantastic, better than the other products there IMO".

As with any drug there's always side affects, read the label before administrating and ask your vet questions if uncertain wither this is flea product is the right one to use for your dog.

It's NOT CHEAP, 60 -120lbs dogs 6 Month supply runs $80

Anyone else using this, besides me?

87MCProstar
06-09-2010, 10:08 AM
good to know,

why do some breeders say not to use any of these products?

atlfootr
06-10-2010, 07:17 AM
I have no idea, maybe they use flea collars.
You would think they'd want to keep their $$$$ dogs free of fleas using a preventive.

I'm stumped ..:confused:

JohnnyB
06-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks for sharing. Been using advantix for years, too. May look into this with my vet. What does it say about repelling/killing ticks?

flipper
06-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah, how about ticks? Fleas aren't that big of an issue for me, but ticks can be

Craig
06-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm married to a vet, I will ask her about this.

They only recommend Frontline and Advantix products in any vet office I have been in. The biggest issue with Advantix is it isn't waterproof, as far as I know.

We use Frontline, it is guaranteed to keep fleas off. If you animal gets fleas and you use it correctly in the correct intervals the company will pay for the treatment.

Frontline is about $10/mo.

H20skeefreek
06-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm married to a vet, I will ask her about this.

They only recommend Frontline and Advantix products in any vet office I have been in. The biggest issue with Advantix is it isn't waterproof, as far as I know.

We use Frontline, it is guaranteed to keep fleas off. If you animal gets fleas and you use it correctly in the correct intervals the company will pay for the treatment.

Frontline is about $10/mo.
Good luck with that. My dogs got worms while on hearguard. They argued that I didn't use it right. They did not pay.

atlfootr
06-12-2010, 10:47 AM
This video is pretty informative, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGhMbeWl1Y&feature=PlayList&p=762B3EDADE9CBA8A&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=2

So how does the diagnosis look like?
Did they do any x-rays or heart scans?