PDA

View Full Version : Plug Wires 351 Indmar

zekedog
06-07-2010, 07:04 PM
This site is awesome. So I bought a 92 PS190 from the original owner and a friend. Did the complete tune up myself. No big deal. Boat started up with no problem. Took it to the lake. No hole shot, no top end. Figured it was my "POS" 4010 that was causing the problem so I had it rebuilt by an old timer with years of Holley experience. That didn't fix the problem. Noticed my prob was bent so I had that repaired. Still no fix. I swear I drew a diagram of the old plug wires before I put the new ones on. Still screwed it up. Took the plug wiring diagram that I printed from this site along with the color engine pics that TMCNo1 has posted in the past. That was all it took. I figure I had 3 plug wires wrong. This is the part I'm trying hard to figure out... How in the hel* did it even run? I could get 2900 rpms out of her and a smooth start and idle. Needless to say it it will pull trees off the banks now. I understand why the transom has "World Record Ski Boat." It's a beast. Can't wait for the weekend and some Center Hill Lake. My 4010 seemed like it was doing what it is supposed to. May have to keep it on for a while longer.

TMCNo1
06-07-2010, 07:12 PM
This site is awesome. So I bought a 92 PS190 from the original owner and a friend. Did the complete tune up myself. No big deal. Boat started up with no problem. Took it to the lake. No hole shot, no top end. Figured it was my "POS" 4010 that was causing the problem so I had it rebuilt by an old timer with years of Holley experience. That didn't fix the problem. Noticed my prob was bent so I had that repaired. Still no fix. I swear I drew a diagram of the old plug wires before I put the new ones on. Still screwed it up. Took the plug wiring diagram that I printed from this site along with the color engine pics that TMCNo1 has posted in the past. That was all it took. I figure I had 3 plug wires wrong. This is the part I'm trying hard to figure out... How in the hel* did it even run? I could get 2900 rpms out of her and a smooth start and idle. Needless to say it it will pull trees off the banks now. I understand why the transom has "World Record Ski Boat." It's a beast. Can't wait for the weekend and some Center Hill Lake. My 4010 seemed like it was doing what it is supposed to. May have to keep it on for a while longer.

Glad something I did worked for someone on here. Anytime you need any help on anything, just hollar, I'll try to help.

oxberger
06-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Glad something I did worked for someone on here. Anytime you need any help on anything, just hollar, I'll try to help.

TMCNo1, I'm using your teak resto PDF. right now. Started last night washing it and scrubbing it down, going to start tonight or tomorrow with the 400 grit wet sanding.

Zekedog, glad to hear it worked out for ya. Where in Nashville are you? I'm in Murfreesboro myself. If you ever need help, give a shout.

zekedog
06-08-2010, 10:28 AM
West Meade. I usually splash during the week at Commodore Yacht Club on the Cumberland in West Nashville. The weekends are decided by how far I want to pull the MC. Love Center Hill but the drive home after a day on the lake kinda sucks. Thanks for the offer. Are you usually on Priest? I haven't been on that lake in years but I hear the course there is fantastic.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Hard to go wrong with one wire at a time. :D

oxberger
06-08-2010, 11:04 AM
West Meade. I usually splash during the week at Commodore Yacht Club on the Cumberland in West Nashville. The weekends are decided by how far I want to pull the MC. Love Center Hill but the drive home after a day on the lake kinda sucks. Thanks for the offer. Are you usually on Priest? I haven't been on that lake in years but I hear the course there is fantastic.

I lived in West Weade for awhile. How'd you fair with the flood? I've only been on the Cumberland once. My boat hasn't been running for a while (work in progress), but when it is I'm on Priest. I don't go near the cove where the slalom course is set up. I was on friends bayliner and his brother was skiing, we were almost in the middle of the cove and we felt a bump. I was spotting and saw something black come up and fall back into the water. My friends brother fell because of it and was in waist deep water. We had knocked off part of the skeg on the outdrive. Since then I've never gone back in that cove. We weren't far from the slalom course. I guess that's why the course is where it is, no one wants to go back there. Two of the other guys on here go to Center Hill all the time. ShamrockIV, but he's in Iraq right now, hopefully coming back soon and his friend drylandfish. Can't wait 'til he gets back. I've had to bum rides just to get on the lakes and he's offered to teach me how to wakesurf on his new to him x-30. Haven't talked to drylandfish yet, but looking forward to meeting him too. He's in the process of restoring one of the old SS.