PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump or something else?

morphis
06-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi Folks,

My 2005 X2 with the 350 MCX in it quit on me over the weekend.

I have spark but when I checked the valve on the fuel bar there was no pressure at all. When I turn the key to the on position I hear the fuel pump kick in but still no pressure at the fuel bar. I opened up the gas tank and pulled it out to check for anything obvious like a clogged filter or crimped line but didn't see anything of the sort. I also pulled off the kill switch and put it back on to see if it had been jostled or something but no joy there.

The boat shop is backed up for at least three weeks and if it is indeed the fuel pump it looks like a pretty simple repair. But, the price for a new one is around 500 bucks. I don't want to make the mistake of replacing a perfectly good pump. Is it possible for the pump to kick on and sound like it is running but still not deliver fuel to the engine? Is there something else I should check or do to diagnose the problem?

Around the same time I started to have issues with my depth gage and my speedos as well but I am guess it is an unrelated problem. Just wanted to toss in that extra bit of info incase I am way off base and missing something.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

TMCNo1
06-07-2010, 03:05 PM
This thread may help, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25783&highlight=fuel