PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Alarm on 08 X2 with MCX

Masternorth
06-07-2010, 11:10 AM
I took the boat out of winterization 2 weeks ago. I have 91 hours on the MCX engine. I took the boat out this week-end and when I started it, the check engine warning appeared on the V-DIG. I did the oil and service reset but the check engine is still there. Engine temp is normal, oil pressure is normal. Only problem I have is that the battery is draining by itself and I have not found the cause yet, so I switched on second batery to start the engine and was able to ride for a good hour without any problems except for the alarm that was popping on the display.

Should I worry? What could be the cause?

My dealer is out of business and the other one in my province is a 6 hours round trip.

thanks

Andyg
06-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Did you have the batteries disconnected during the winter? My guess is that either the battery won't hold a charge or you may have hooked up a battery incorrectly. You are probably getting a low voltage alarm.

Masternorth
06-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the info. Is it possible to know to know the code of the alarm and the reason without having to go at the dealer?

I charged both batteries before puting the boat in the water 2 weeks ago.

Splash
06-08-2010, 10:48 AM
The best option ever is to get it checked by the dealer, but sometimes it's not possible.

Any previous problem will cause your alarm pop again and again.
Something similar happened to me. I had the Engine Check alarm blinking, but I could clear it with the display button. It popped back after some time and I cleared it each time it did.

My dealer is too far away, so he suggested me to send him the ECM and he would check it on his computers. I used the boat "carefully" for a couple of times before even touching anything inside the motor box, and the ENG-CHCK disappeared after some drive-cycles.

I'd notify the dealer properly (for any possible warranty purpose), then get the boat checked by any local mechanic and test drive the boat for a couple of days. Possibly it will stop bliking.

castaway
06-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info. Is it possible to know to know the code of the alarm and the reason without having to go at the dealer?

I charged both batteries before puting the boat in the water 2 weeks ago.

If you need any help please call our service guy Lonny 518-656-3636. We are a dealer on Lake George, NY. A little bit of a drive, but he might be able to help you on the phone before you need to bring it to a dealer.

Masternorth
06-08-2010, 04:40 PM
If you need any help please call our service guy Lonny 518-656-3636. We are a dealer on Lake George, NY. A little bit of a drive, but he might be able to help you on the phone before you need to bring it to a dealer.

Thanks for the offer. I will recharge battery with my charger this week-end and go through 3cyles of turning engine on, warm-up and cool-down and see if alarm still goes on. I will also check every fluid levels and make sure they are ok. If alarm still pops-up, I will call and ask what should be the next step.

Thanks for the help!

venetrex
06-20-2010, 11:01 AM
If the travel is too far you can buy the scan tool from rhinda technologies with the can adapter and find out exactly why you are getting the check engine alarm.
Mine was a fuel issue and a week later got stranded from a dead fuel pump, that was before I got the scan tool.

Masternorth
06-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the offer. I will recharge battery with my charger this week-end and go through 3cyles of turning engine on, warm-up and cool-down and see if alarm still goes on. I will also check every fluid levels and make sure they are ok. If alarm still pops-up, I will call and ask what should be the next step.

Thanks for the help!

Quick follow-up: it was a battery issue. After recharging the battery and using the boat, I finaly got rid of the alarm!:)

Thanks for everybody's help.