PDA

View Full Version : Throttle cable routing

Napagary
06-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I've been putting all accessories back on the 351W engine of my 1976 S & S wannabe after painting. Having a problem w/ the correct routing of the throttle cable - I took many pics before disassembly but none of this area. After the throttle cable goes under the engine, does it make the U turn upward in front of the rear motor/tranny mount or behind it? If I take it behind it seems too short, if I take it fwd of the mount, the radius seems too tight?

americanskierJim
06-06-2010, 06:08 PM
I will get a pic for you tonight. Your cable should go from the front of the motor to the carb.

Napagary
06-06-2010, 06:23 PM
In my application the trans shifter comes up outta the bilge at the left front of the motor, crosses over the intake manifold then connects down to the tranny. The throttle cable stays in the bilge under the engine on the left, then comes up at the rear, make a U turn as it comes up then goes fwd to the carb linkage - its this routing I'm having trouble with.
I'll await your pics - Thanks again!

americanskierJim
06-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Here are the pics I hope this will help you out. If you need any other pics Let me know. Jim

Napagary
06-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks AmericanSkier
Your setup is much newer than mine but I see your throttle cable does go behind the rear motor/tranny mount which I'm sure is the case with mine - just gotta go diggin' in the bilges and find that extra few inches I need to get it clamped behind the carb.
Appreciate your help!

americanskierJim
06-06-2010, 09:26 PM
NAP, You are welcome glad to help you out.