PDA

View Full Version : wakesurf board question

jbkriss
06-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Can I put a leash on my board (HL Landlock) so that I don't have to swim so far to retrieve it? If so, any recommendations where to get them? Thx.

sand2snow22
06-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Great idea, lazy, but a good idea....Hope the board doesn't recoil and get you in the nads......

jbkriss
06-02-2010, 04:21 PM
It's not so much laziness as it is I can ride again more quickly if I didn't have to swim to retrieve it. Maybe the board I have in particular tends to squirt further away.

scott023
06-02-2010, 04:27 PM
It's not so much laziness as it is I can ride again more quickly if I didn't have to swim to retrieve it. Maybe the board I have in particular tends to squirt further away.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I don't know what to say. You a bad swimmer?

sand2snow22
06-02-2010, 05:16 PM

Velcro should work :D

TX.X-30 fan
06-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I want that big dude as far as possible when I fall

TX.X-30 fan
06-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I know the wakeskate can be a little scary, I would never want a leash on it either.

sand2snow22
06-02-2010, 05:44 PM
I know the wakeskate can be a little scary, I would never want a leash on it either.

I've seen a lot of blood with the wakeskate......

CantRepeat
06-02-2010, 07:31 PM
People have been putting them on surfboards forever and while surfing much larger waves. I'm some what suprised by the fact that someone has not made a market of them yet.

ShamrockIV
06-02-2010, 07:47 PM
when we fall from wakesurfer it never goes too far away. i agree that u dont want to be tied to it. i think u will too once u hit that thing once!

scott023
06-02-2010, 11:25 PM
People have been putting them on surfboards forever and while surfing much larger waves. I'm some what suprised by the fact that someone has not made a market of them yet.

They have been using them on big wave boards forever, but that's because they are more likely to go far distances after a wipe out. How far does ones wakesurf board reall go after a fall? IMO, not far enough to need to be strapped to the board. I rater swim 20ft than get a board in the jewels myself... :D

CantRepeat
06-03-2010, 09:48 AM
They have been using them on big wave boards forever, but that's because they are more likely to go far distances after a wipe out. How far does ones wakesurf board reall go after a fall? IMO, not far enough to need to be strapped to the board. I rater swim 20ft than get a board in the jewels myself... :D

I'm not sure what you mean about big wave boards but when I was surfing as a kid on 4'8" thruster I had a leash on it. About the only place I don't see leashes being used Waimea.

Granite_33
06-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Either take the time to swim after the board, or wait for the boat to turn around and come back to me.
Either way, I am going to spend a bit of time either swimming or waiting.

Lord knows I need the excercise.......

joecarew3
06-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Just make sure you have a video of the board on a rope! I gotta see the carnage that will soon follow. That should make for some good entertainment!

flyboywakesurf
06-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm with everyone else, I'm not sure that a leash is a great idea on a wakesurf board, pretty easy to get caught and cause problems. However, I'll let you be the judge of what's safe. You can get a leash at just about any online surf shop, what would be missing is the leash plug. Surfco makes the E-Z Plug which is a post lamination peel-n-stick on plug. Allows you to tie the leash to the board. I found it here for like $5:

http://www.oceancool.com/Accessories_Other/71167/index-400112356897.htm

I'm for a little swimming and no leash :)

scott023
06-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm with everyone else, I'm not sure that a leash is a great idea on a wakesurf board, pretty easy to get caught and cause problems. However, I'll let you be the judge of what's safe. You can get a leash at just about any online surf shop, what would be missing is the leash plug. Surfco makes the E-Z Plug which is a post lamination peel-n-stick on plug. Allows you to tie the leash to the board. I found it here for like $5:

I'm for a little swimming and no leash :)

Great pic.

scott023
06-03-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure what you mean about big wave boards but when I was surfing as a kid on 4'8" thruster I had a leash on it. About the only place I don't see leashes being used Waimea.

Big wave ocean boards, ones that aren't designed to be pulled behind a boat.... I haven't seen a single wakesurf board that is sold with a leash plug. ICBW though.

kkkeating
06-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Not sure if I'd want a leash attached to my ankle if I was anywhere near a boat with a prop. That and the possibility of falling and having the board/leash shooting forward and getting caught in the pull rope.