PDA

View Full Version : Bad Vibration over 2500 rpms

nwhittuk10
06-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Took my boat out for the first time this year and discovered it had a bad vibration in it? I felt this as soon as I started the throttle and never felt it last year. Could it possinbly be because of something the guy did while winterizing it over the winter? Could it possibly be something else? While pulling a wakeboarder the vibrationm isn't really bad, but when running it wide open it is almost impossible to hold onto the steering wheel because it vibrates so bad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!

mrprostar
06-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Bent prop or driveshaft or shrut or out of alignment. That bad of vibration would be caused by noticable damage, I would think.

Hollywood
06-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Well if you're sure there is no damage since last fall I wouldn't suspect the drivetrain. Checking the bottom for damage, shaft alignment, and swapping a different prop would be zero cost diagnosis.

Is the engine running smooth?

nwhittuk10
06-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Hey thanks for the suggestions guys. How would I go about seeing if the shaft is out of alignment and is it something I could fix myself? Yes, the engine runs fine I was just afraid to really run it because of the vibration. It seemed to take off as well as it has in the past and have as much speed. The prop is somewhat bent, but nothing more than it was at the end of the year last year, which leads me to think its not that.