PDA

View Full Version : 1991 MC Tristar 190

Herc59
06-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Hello All. I am pumped to get on this web site, I have been picking up tons of great info about fixing up my boat. I just bought a 1991 MC Tristar 190 with 382 hrs. I think it is pretty solid but has not been looked after very well. It is very disappointing to see a fine machine such as these Mastercrafts allowed to go into a state of disrepair. You guys have motivated me to get my boat into like new condition. With all the information you guys have built up I feel very confident I will find most of the answers I may require.

I will post the before pics next post.

wheelerd
06-05-2010, 03:57 AM
Hi neighbor! Good to chat earlier tonight. Best of luck with the new boat. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Herc59
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I will be picking your brain, count on it.

Sheldon

cadi1@charter.net
06-25-2010, 08:21 PM
I bought a "tired" 91 Tristar 190 WT last year and put a lot of elbow grease into restoring it and just repainted my trailer also. I am happy with the way it turned out but if I had more cash to spend on it I could go a lot further. I do love that boat, it is like a little Ferarri, 0-45 in seconds. I do love the built in swim platform on this model also. I tried to post a pic. but could not figure it out. I can email pics. if you would like to see it...

psychobilly
06-26-2010, 03:27 AM
Western Canada huh.... That narrows it right down...... :rolleyes:

Herc59
07-18-2010, 05:48 PM
south is much more clear?:rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
07-18-2010, 08:10 PM
I bought a "tired" 91 Tristar 190 WT last year and put a lot of elbow grease into restoring it and just repainted my trailer also. I am happy with the way it turned out but if I had more cash to spend on it I could go a lot further. I do love that boat, it is like a little Ferarri, 0-45 in seconds. I do love the built in swim platform on this model also. I tried to post a pic. but could not figure it out. I can email pics. if you would like to see it...

To post a pic, click on the paperclip symbol, click the browse button, find the picture in your picture file and click on it and you will be routed back to the manage attachments box. Click on the upload button to the right of the browse button, then click on the close this window.

There are a couple other ways, but this is the way I usually do it.

Looks like it worked for me. :cool:

Herc59
08-14-2010, 05:39 PM
It has taken me a long time to get these pics on but it it goes. Here are a bunch of before pics of my 1991 Tristar 190 that I purchased this spring. It had 382 hrs now it has 426. It has ran like a charm only things I have had to fix mechanically were new fan belt and blower, oil change and tranny flush to remove water.

Herc59
08-14-2010, 05:43 PM
More before pics

Herc59
08-14-2010, 05:56 PM
This pics of the hull don't show the fading and oxidization but there was a fair amount. I spent probably 10 to 12 hours on the gel coat before I went out to the shuswap in BC Canada. My brother has a 07 X2 so I wanted my little old boat to look as good as possible. The 3M rubbing compound and Meguiars wax worked awesome except for a few spots. The vinyl I used starbrite vinyl cleaner and magic erasers. I will get some better after pics up ASAP.

Bert
08-15-2010, 12:53 AM
This pics of the hull don't show the fading and oxidization but there was a fair amount. I spent probably 10 to 12 hours on the gel coat before I went out to the shuswap in BC Canada. My brother has a 07 X2 so I wanted my little old boat to look as good as possible. The 3M rubbing compound and Meguiars wax worked awesome except for a few spots. The vinyl I used starbrite vinyl cleaner and magic erasers. I will get some better after pics up ASAP.
Shuswao, PM me when you are coming out and we will have an MC reunion. Nothing better than early 90"s MC's

DeVrieski
08-15-2010, 01:40 AM

Did you use a rotary polisher when you used the rubbing compound or did you just do it by hand?

Herc59
08-15-2010, 09:17 AM
I used a Simoniz electric polisher from canadian tire, it was okay but stalls out easily. I need to order some better pads from 3M, I was looking them up but couldn't remember which pads, other that the waffle ones, that they reccommeded on TT.

Herc59
08-16-2010, 05:19 PM
I will, but probably next season