PDA

View Full Version : Oil, and filter question, '00 205v

macdadmorgan
06-01-2010, 11:22 AM
All right, first off I did a search, and think I narrowed down what I need to know, but still a few questions.
I have a '00 205v with the 5.7LVortec Predator GM V8 engine with efi 350 cubic inches, 310hp. Is their an acronym for this engine. I am assuming that the LTR (multiport 330hp, with northstar ignition) is the LT1? Sorry, I am a big noob.
I read that the LTR gets a Napa Gold 1069 filter, will that also fit my engine?
I also read that rotella, or delvac 15/40 is a good oil to use, I run that in my powerstroke so would be nice to run in the boat as well.
Sorry for the redundancy, but want to be sure before I start working on my boat.
On a different note, Is that any good online source for MC parts, or should I just call my nearest dealer to have parts shipped to me.
Thanks
Morgan

CruisinGA
06-01-2010, 11:24 AM
for mechanical parts, the first place many here look is-

www.skidim.com

They've been very helpful and fast the few times I have used them.

macdadmorgan
06-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Can anyone confirm the filter P.N.? Seems like their is only one filter for a lot of our boats.

99xstar
06-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I believe it is the NAPA Gold 1069, the same for most GM 5.7L engines, but definitely double check. Also, try a search for "predator" and "filter" in the search box above. You will find answers to many of your questions are already on this site. Bunch of good folks here - and welcome.

Mike

Dougsster
06-04-2010, 08:46 PM
The Napa 1069 will definetly fit. I prefer A/C Delco PF1218, It has an anti-drain back feature that is supposed to hold oil in the upper engine.

Doug

macdadmorgan
06-09-2010, 07:36 AM
I ended up ordering a fake a lake, clymers and filter from waterski.com, (or waterskier.com). The filter showed up as a AC Delco PF454, must not have the anti drain back feature. I am very impressed with the clymers, it has a ton of great info, also the conversion carts are very helpful, good manual, and I suggest the purchase. It will help me from asking dumb questions.
Thanks for the help.
Morgan

TMCNo1
06-09-2010, 08:07 AM
I ended up ordering a fake a lake, clymers and filter from waterski.com, (or waterskier.com). The filter showed up as a AC Delco PF454, must not have the anti drain back feature. I am very impressed with the clymers, it has a ton of great info, also the conversion carts are very helpful, good manual, and I suggest the purchase. It will help me from asking dumb questions.
Thanks for the help.
Morgan

That's http://www.waterskis.com/ and what is a clymer?

and BTW, Guest Accounts,
Some member may notice that their account read as "Guest", however you have the ability to post. These "guests" are in fact TeamTalk members. The cause of this issue is that members are registering for TeamTalk through the MasterCraft Home page and myMasterCraft link at the top of the page. Back a few months ago when MasterCraft migrated TeamTalk to the mastercraft.com domain, this issue arose. From now on, if you are a guest and wish to be fully enrolled in TeamTalk, please email Phil Walker (phil.walker@mastercraft.com) and he will have your account deleted. Once your account is deleted, please re-register here. (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/register.php)