PDA

View Full Version : Slalom Course Timing

LakePirate
06-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Alright guys when it comes to golf I am a rhythm player. I spent hour after hour on the range with a metronome getting the swing timed correctly. Now I am running into problems with my timing on the slalom course. Knowing when to start the cut for the 1 ball, and getting later and later on each ball in the course. While a bit of this is normal, does anyone have any hints, tips etc. that can help with timing? In golf if you say "cindy crawford" while you swing it aids with tempo (don't ask just know it works).

betsy&david Harrison
06-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Alright guys when it comes to golf I am a rhythm player. I spent hour after hour on the range with a metronome getting the swing timed correctly. Now I am running into problems with my timing on the slalom course. Knowing when to start the cut for the 1 ball, and getting later and later on each ball in the course. While a bit of this is normal, does anyone have any hints, tips etc. that can help with timing? In golf if you say "cindy crawford" while you swing it aids with tempo (don't ask just know it works).
The timing varies with line length...where are you concerning the line? B

LakePirate
06-27-2005, 01:42 PM
22 off @ or around 36 (depending on the driver)

east tx skier
06-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Like Betsy said, it depends on line length. At the longer lines, if you're pulled out about even with the 2, 4, 6 balls, try cutting when the driver's head passes through the gates.

betsy&david Harrison
06-27-2005, 01:45 PM
22 off @ or around 36 (depending on the driver)
I have 55m pull out balls, so after the pull out...out to the width of the turn balls 2,4 and 6, try waiting until the back of the boat passes through the gates. Make sure you pull behind the boat and not too soon or you end up with too much speed. There is another way that has to do with lining up with 5 ball. I use the first method. B

John B
06-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Here what I was told lest year.
" The longer you wait the bigger the man"
Ever time I see that boat getting close to going thou the start gates.
I say I'm big I'm big,then all of sudden it's, o$hit no I'm not I'm little, turn the ski.

Once you turn for the gate set your angel against the boat and don't change it.
If you miss the gate it don't mater you can try to get it on the next pass.
If you are going to be in front of the gate and you change your angel to make it thou the gate.
You will be late on ball 1 and if you are late on 1 you will behind the 8 ball for the hole pass.

tex
06-27-2005, 02:05 PM
get wider, wait longer, cut like heck...oh wait, sorry, that jumping!

LakePirate
06-27-2005, 02:07 PM
I am adding a 55m ball this weekend. I think that will solve my initial problem. Any tips/tricks while in the course?

betsy&david Harrison
06-27-2005, 03:50 PM
I am adding a 55m ball this weekend. I think that will solve my initial problem. Any tips/tricks while in the course?
This ain't gonna sound very lady like, but it is working for me...Lead through with your baloney pony...just got told that one last time I was out at the lake and I was making every pass wide and early. Now I don't have a baloney pony but I've got the idea. Ooooh and another thing that helps...chest out and lock your elbows in at your waist. That with the drive her home boloney pony aught to "Git-R-Done!" B