PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft is at Lake Anna, VA!!!

TEAL98
05-30-2010, 08:50 AM
So I went out to my mom's yesterday morning, pulled the boat out to drop it in the lake for the weekend. Buddy has his new Stihl MS290, and I had my little 16" Stihl as well (baby saw compared to his Farm Boss:D ) We hadn't used our saws at all yet this year, and saw this as the perfect opportunity to put 'em back to good use, had a few trees that didn't look too good around the lake at mom's so yeah, anyways. We're going across the 208 Bridge, which is the bridge that goes from Spotsylvania to Louisa county (or vice-versa), on the main lake. Saw a few boats on the other side from a distance that looked like one was an X-star, and couldn't tell what the other was, as it was blocked at the time but still had a tower on it. As we get closer, there's a trailer there with a huge MASTERCRAFT banner on it:eek:

I'm going to go check it out today on the way back out to my mother's, I'm guessing it's a dealer sponsored boat show/event. I'm hoping I get to see Danny, who is the one that sold me my boat, real cool guy. This may be a pointless thread, but I will take pictures of the event. Just thought it was pretty cool that we've got a MasterCraft promo out on my home lake:D

Jabrew
05-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Now that you mention it I received a post card talking about our MD dealership new board shop at Lake Anna. He is from Maryland and I am not sure if there is one in VA. This great news that he is getting out and promoting Mastercraft. Please let us know if you find out more.

GregS
05-30-2010, 11:12 PM
We purchased our 2010 X-Star from Bay Watersports...great company and great service!

Following is the link to Bay Watersports:

http://www.baywatersports.com/

We went down to check out the tent today...but it was too early. I hope we see them next week on the lake.

TEAL98
05-31-2010, 08:19 AM
Went by yesterday and it was too early, came back last night and it was too late. Gunna go out around noon today, hopefully they'll have something going on

GregS
05-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Keep us posted. Can't make it by today.

Jerseydave
05-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Looks like Bay Watersports is now @ Lake Anna as well as Maryland!

http://www.lakeannabuzz.com/baywatersports/index.htm

Teal, take lots of pics! Have fun this weekend.

-Dave

TEAL98
05-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Will do for sure!

Headed out a little late today, but hopefully will be on the lake by 2 or so. I'm assuming they'll be out today, but then again it IS Memorial Day:confused:

Dave - I got to thinking yesterday after having a few cold ones at the house, and next weekend I'm gunna tool on over to a good size channel on the lake that I don't think would be heavily populated, but perfect for skiing and 'boarding. I'd try it today, but I could hardly get out of the point from my cove onto the main lake without turning around pissed off, because of such heavy traffic:(

GregS
05-31-2010, 01:05 PM
The traffic on the lake was crazy yesterday!!!! I am sure next week it will be lighter! The people next to us had 18 cars in the driveway and street....and 6 boats tied up to the dock!!! Good people watching day!!! A lot of newbie boaters as well! BE SAFE TODAY!!!

TEAL98
06-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Man, you aren't kidding!! I had to pull full throttle U turns twice, because my horn wouldn't attract any attention, to avoid my buddy from getting run over!!! And it's a loud horn too! As I drove by in the Yukon yesterday, there were a few people hanging out by the MC trailer, no boats, no music, didn't look like much, so kept rollin'.

Funny thing was, as we went into Contrary Creek yesterday, it was myself, my buddy and his gf on my PS190, a newer black and red X2, and a white X-star with american flag graphics on the back. And yet I still forgot the memory card for my digi:(:mad:

I was ready to be a nerd and ask them all if they wanted to get together for a group photo, but all my buddy had was a camera phone, and the other 2 boats seemed to have kids they were trying to teach to perform watersports... I also had a 250lb kid I was trying to teach how to get up on a wakeboard:D

Ah well, all in a day's fun. I've already put the memory card back in, and hung the camera up on my key rack for next weekend. Hopefully I'll be on the warm side this time:)

doug@baywatersports
06-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Hey Guys,

It's Doug from Bay Watersports the Mastercraft dealer for MD, DE and N. VA including Lake Anna. I appreciate the talk going on.

Our goal is to have a Mastercraft presence on Lake Anna for this summer by opening a Mobile Boardshop and have a few boats on display throughout the summer weekends. We are located at the new Lake Anna Yacht Club (still under construction) at the Route 208 bridge. Our hours will be as follows: Friday 4:00PM - Dark; Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM; Sunday 11:00AM - 4:00PM. We have wakeboards, ropes, handles, tubes, boardshorts, tee-shirts, etc.

Friday evenings starting June 11th, we will have a "Friday Demo Riding Night" starting @ 6:00 and going thru dark. Meet our team riders and wakeboard with Bay Watersports. This is a free event for all ages and talents.

We offer wakeboard lessons, board rentals, and new equipment demo's.

We want to be able to provide superior service to our customers in this area and build the wakeboard and waterski scene as well.

Jerseydave
06-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Great job Doug! Nice to hear you're taking care of business down there on LKA.
I'll be down June 25-28 with my family on our black X-star so we'll look you up.

-Dave

KHall
06-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey Guys,

It's Doug from Bay Watersports the Mastercraft dealer for MD, DE and N. VA including Lake Anna. I appreciate the talk going on.

Our goal is to have a Mastercraft presence on Lake Anna for this summer by opening a Mobile Boardshop and have a few boats on display throughout the summer weekends. We are located at the new Lake Anna Yacht Club (still under construction) at the Route 208 bridge. Our hours will be as follows: Friday 4:00PM - Dark; Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM; Sunday 11:00AM - 4:00PM. We have wakeboards, ropes, handles, tubes, boardshorts, tee-shirts, etc.

Friday evenings starting June 11th, we will have a "Friday Demo Riding Night" starting @ 6:00 and going thru dark. Meet our team riders and wakeboard with Bay Watersports. This is a free event for all ages and talents.

We offer wakeboard lessons, board rentals, and new equipment demo's.

We want to be able to provide superior service to our customers in this area and build the wakeboard and waterski scene as well.

Nice!
Keep up the good work Doug. Hope to meet you there sometime.

TEAL98
06-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Heck yeah man, right on! See you tomorrow!:)

Jabrew
06-04-2010, 10:58 AM
We will be camping with x14 for the July 4th week hope to see you there. Is Brad still with MC.

GregS
06-04-2010, 10:37 PM
We stopped by and picked up a rope and a wakeskate....we talked to
Rich....great guy! We drove over to the site....its a lot easier driving. If you are coming from the water...park your boat and walk to the trailer. The trailer is facing the road....its a little tricky driving in...since the road is not cut-in off 208. GREAT prices...a lot of nice stuff!!!
Thanks Doug and Rich!!!! I think we need a new wake surf board!!!! Maybe next week....they have some nice wakeboards and surfboards!!!!

TEAL98
06-05-2010, 04:19 AM
We stopped by and picked up a rope and a wakeskate....we talked to
Rich....great guy! We drove over to the site....its a lot easier driving. If you are coming from the water...park your boat and walk to the trailer. The trailer is facing the road....its a little tricky driving in...since the road is not cut-in off 208. GREAT prices...a lot of nice stuff!!!
Thanks Doug and Rich!!!! I think we need a new wake surf board!!!! Maybe next week....they have some nice wakeboards and surfboards!!!!

Interesting... I'll be leaving in a couple of hours to head on out there myself. I'm putting in at Contrary Creek, but I'm definately going to be stopping in on truck and trailer, not by boat. I've never tried to boat over that way, just because it looks like the drop-off from shore to the main lake looks too shallow. I think you need to turn by where the Exxon gas station is, where that little road connects, isn't it?! Ah well, guess I'll figure it out...

I need to talk to somebody there, because I've got to improve on my boarding skills! I've got no problem jumping wakes on my heel-side edge, but for some reason can hardly even lead a cross-line from wake to wake with my toe side edge. Must be formation, I duno, but I need someone with a little more experience than me (which shouldn't be hard to find) to tell me what I'm doing wrong.:(

Jerseydave
06-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Teal,

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/feature/how-to-wake-jump-variations.html

This might help you with heelside jumping more than toeside, I'll try to find some heelside advise for you too.

Jerseydave
06-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Toeside jumping advise

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779858&highlight=toeside

Make sure you watch the video too, very helpful.
I've found that if you ride a 75' rope, try to jump as far as you can toeside landing somewhere in the middle. Try this 10-20 times, then stop the boat and shorten the rope to 60' and go for the wake-to-wake toeside jump. You should be able to make it.

What feels good to me right now is jumping TS W2W on a 70' rope with a boat speed of 23. My body position is not perfect all the time, but I'm working on it.

My other wakeboarding advise would be to start riding switch right away to get more use to it. I didn't ride switch at all for my first 2 years of riding and it has really slowed my progression.

I'm going to hunt you down at the end of the month and see how much you've learned! :)

TEAL98
06-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Dave -

Thanks for the advice, I read through it real quick, and will watch the videos tomorrow when I've got more time. Came in pretty late last night, straight to bed, and up at 5am this morning to go fishing (and didn't catch a damn thing). Was out today for a little while on the MC but didn't get any boardin' action because the kids wanted to tube. I'm off to grill and drink a few cold ones before this tornado comes through that they're calling for:cool:

And as far as hunting me down to see how much I've learned goes... haha... well, let's just say when there are other people in the cove of contrary creek that are 'boardin, I don't get on the hyperlite:D I don't want to look like the idiot that can barely cross wakes, let alone jump 'em all that well:(

Hell, I might just wait on you to come down to gimme some good lessons. I'm better with visual learning, than verbal instruction:)

~Jon

Jerseydave
06-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Dave -

Thanks for the advice, I read through it real quick, and will watch the videos tomorrow when I've got more time. Came in pretty late last night, straight to bed, and up at 5am this morning to go fishing (and didn't catch a damn thing). Was out today for a little while on the MC but didn't get any boardin' action because the kids wanted to tube. I'm off to grill and drink a few cold ones before this tornado comes through that they're calling for:cool:

And as far as hunting me down to see how much I've learned goes... haha... well, let's just say when there are other people in the cove of contrary creek that are 'boardin, I don't get on the hyperlite:D I don't want to look like the idiot that can barely cross wakes, let alone jump 'em all that well:(

Hell, I might just wait on you to come down to gimme some good lessons. I'm better with visual learning, than verbal instruction:)

~Jon

No worries Jon, I'm no great coach but I'll do what I can to help you out. I'll have to pick up a lake chart to see where Contrary creek is and find you.

TEAL98
06-07-2010, 08:52 AM
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae38/TEAL98/LakeAnnaMap.jpg

The black circle is all of Contrary Creek, and the red circle is where I put in at (A rather long no wake zone). It's not big by any means, but it seems that as long as it's not a holiday weekend, you'll rarely see more than 3 or 4 boats in there, and most of the time, they'll just sit off to the side.

The orange dot is where that restaurant is, just past the Pamunkey Bridge and inside a decent size no wake zone.

The two green strips are where I've seen people running slalom and wakeboards through those areas before. It seems that as long as you hit the lake before 9:30, 10am at the latest, you've got plenty of glass to mess with:)

TEAL98
06-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Doesn't look like the map showed up, here's a compressed format of it:rolleyes:

doug@baywatersports
06-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Hey Jon,
I wasn't at the lake this weekend. My son was graduating. I'll be there every weekend throughout the summer. My son, Kyle, gives lessons. He will be glad to help you out next weekend if your around. Our house is on Pigeon cove. If your coming from Contrary Creek, go under the 208 bridge and make your first right in the big cove just beyond the two marina's. We are about 3/4 the way into the cove. Currently we have our 08 X-Star (black and blue). We are across the lake from the state park cabins and usually have a floating slider in front of our dock. You can call me as well 443-340-7830.

If anyone needs anything, feel free to call.

TEAL98
06-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey Doug,

I wasn't able to stop in, we got a late start Saturday, came home late, and got up at 5am on Sunday to go out bass fishing with my step-father. Left the boat on the dock and never left my mom's. My girlfriend said she had stopped by there Sunday afternoon (probably did more of a drive-by), and said you guys had some "cool looking stuff" out. The last 2 weekends, I've promised myself to stop by there, and have yet to do so. I need some shirts, a rubber key thing, would like to get a better rope, new skiis.... man, I could spend some money up in there:D

Anyways, should I find myself in a hurry next time I'm out, I'll just get in the boat and tool on over to Pigeon Creek and see if you guys are out.

By the way, did you guys ever get hit by any hard winds or heavy rain yesterday evening?

GregS
06-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Jon,

Nice job on the maps!!!!

Good descriptions as well!

Do you head up to the green spots to ski or wakeboard? We can usually find some nice water right around us....might need to take a trip up to check out those spots.

Greg

TEAL98
06-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey Greg,

I usually stay within the cove of Contrary Creek, as I usually am not able to get out onto the water until late, so I don't like to fight all the traffic or rough water getting to 'em. But I'm hoping to drop my boat into the water this Friday evening so I can just wake up, drive 15-20 minutes, get in the boat and roll.

The green strip by the sandbar (I think you know what I'm talking about) I would think is a more ideal location, as it's alot wider if you've got boats coming the other way.

The other green strip is past the restaurant and that's where my step-father has said he's seen people ski and wakeboard there all the times he's been over there. And he's either on the lake at dusk or dawn. I would've never thought anybody would be over there, just because it's kind of out of the way from all well-populated areas of the main lake. Then again, I guess if that's the case, then it would be more of an ideal place haha.

If you're going to be up on the lake this weekend, leme know, maybe we can meet up!

~Jon

GregS
06-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Jon,

My son has a baseball game on Saturday....hope to make it up early on Sunday. We usually ski/wakeboard over by dyke 3....right next to the boat landing for Both Waters. I will know more as we get closer.

Greg

smiller
06-08-2010, 09:46 AM
The Green strip at the top of the map to the left of No Wake Zone restaurant (orange dot) is where I am on the lake.

We have to get up before the crack of dawn to put out the slalom course and then pull it out by 9:30am on the weekends. Since it is such a chore for such a short set, we don't do it as often as we'd like.

My thought on this is we can set the thing up at then end of the Pamunkey branch up by the 522 bridge (the top green strip) and with enough boats/interest could commandeer that section of lake to keep it calm. There is no boat traffic to speak of beyond the 522 bridge because it is the end of the lake, so it seems like an ideal spot as the pass-through traffic is non existent. In addition, there are not many houses up there either because it is mostly farmland on either side.

As for Virginia Game and Fisheries. It is legal to setup a slalom course for use on public waterways, but it has to be "manned" while it is setup (we called and asked). So if there is enough interest, it would be simple to keep it/the area manned while it is setup for folks to use.

If most people are wakeboarders and don't use the course, that's cool too. The main idea is to try to keep a calm section of water where folks take passes in turn so everyone gets a good set on some calm water vs. the ocean/free for all that is typically out there on the weekends.

Just an idea. Any Interest?

Scott

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae38/TEAL98/LakeAnnaMap.jpg

The black circle is all of Contrary Creek, and the red circle is where I put in at (A rather long no wake zone). It's not big by any means, but it seems that as long as it's not a holiday weekend, you'll rarely see more than 3 or 4 boats in there, and most of the time, they'll just sit off to the side.

The orange dot is where that restaurant is, just past the Pamunkey Bridge and inside a decent size no wake zone.

The two green strips are where I've seen people running slalom and wakeboards through those areas before. It seems that as long as you hit the lake before 9:30, 10am at the latest, you've got plenty of glass to mess with:)

TEAL98
06-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm cool with it, for sure! I'm hoping to have my belt in by Friday, so I can get it on the engine, and the boat in the water Friday evening! Anytime you wanna do it, leme know! I can usually take off every other Monday as well...

GregS
06-08-2010, 05:29 PM
How often do you set up the course? I would like to come up and watch.

Greg

TEAL98
06-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm trying to plan on being on the water between 5:30am-6am saturday and probably the same for sunday. Let me know about the course.

I really need to practice my wakeboarding though, so if not this weekend it's not a big deal...

smiller
06-10-2010, 03:50 PM
We don't setup the course with any real regularity. Whenever my neighbor and I muster up the energy and usually if we have friends down to help us out. He just upgraded to a 2009 197TT and we are itching to run the course behind it. The bad thing about his new boat is it makes me want to upgrade my '98 Prostar, which causes my wife's eyes to roll.

We would like to set it up more often. Open water skiing just doesn't tell you how well (or bad) you are skiing. When you get the course out, you realize how bad you really are! :) Then you get further disgraced by having to pull the thing out of the water by 9:30 in the morning. It really is a lot of fun though.

I won't be down at the lake this weekend. Last weekend of soccer with the kids and then weekends are freed up for the summer!

I'm shooting for setting it up Sat or Sun morning the weekend of the 26th-27th. Of course I haven't talked to my neighbor about that so things may change.

Sure wish we could have a course permanently on the lake (at least a submersible one if not one up all the time).

smiller
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
By the way Teal... Is that your '98 Prostar on Craigslist? I wish you luck on selling it and would be curious on the number of serious responses you get on it since I have the same year boat (30th anniversary model). It would be interesting to see how well Craigslist works on selling a boat.

I will say, may neighbor sold his Malibu Response on the OnlyInboards site over the winter in just a couple of weeks. A guy drove down from Canada during our winter snows to buy it! Crazy. He had to shovel the ramp out at a buddies house on the warm side to give him a test drive.

GregS
06-10-2010, 08:58 PM
We sold two boats in two days on Craigslist!!!! Both boats were in great condition....and the first person that looked at our Prostar 190 purchased it. Craigslist works!

TEAL98
06-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Yep, that's my baby on there :D

Got an email from a guy today that said he wanted, just didn't have a place to dock and waa wondering if it was feasable at my place:confused: I responded to just give me a call if he's seriously interested and we could talk about things... I thought it was more than likely probably a scam but figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt:o

We'll see what happens, I really want an X2, and I'm looking forward to Bay WaterSports' RAIL JAM coming up on the 26th! Was hoping to have the boat sold and seeing if Doug still had one down here to demo. Just don't wanna ride in one and do a demo until I get the '98 sold, ya know:rolleyes:

GregS
06-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Teal,

What are you asking for your 98? A Prostar 190 is a great boat!!!! Put your boat in the following Craigslist locations....Norfolk, Raleigh NC, Richmond, and then Norther VA. We sold our Prostar 190 to someone down in Norfolk. We had calls from all locations....Just trying to help you out. If you cant sell it.... Talk to Doug about trading it for the X-2.

Good luck with the sale...Doug has a sweet 2010 Red and Grey X-2 we took out but then drove the X-Star....we purchased the 2010 X-Star.... the X-2 is nice and at a great price right now! Bay Watersports has the X-2 in the parking lot by their Mobile Board shop...on the 208 bridge. Go by and take a look at it. We are going by the Mobile Board shop to look at some Surf Boards this weekend....got the fever!

TEAL98
06-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Got out on the water today.... beautiful day, not a whole lotta folks out there, probably scared of the weather report. Have yet to see any scattered Tstorms though. Saw a beautiful S&S tied up at the docks when I put my boat in. Had to leave for 10 minutes, came back, and it was idling out of the no wake zone to go up lake. Thing sounded damn good too! Not stock for sure:D

GregS
06-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Good looking boat!!!

TEAL98
06-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Good looking boat!!!

except for the missing sub on the tower haha...

Oh, you were talking about the vintage MC, yes a good looking boat indeed :D

TEAL98
06-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Here's a pointless picture of the inside that I took.

Had to cut the wires to the subs when I took the tower off to store the boat for the winter. When I de-winterized, and took the boat out for the maiden voyage of the year, all I had was blue painter's tape on hand:rolleyes:

In a big rush today, thought we were only gunna have an hour or two with the threat of scattered T-storms, thats the reason for the mess

GregS
06-14-2010, 11:19 AM
My cousin has a 1998 Prostar 190...great boat! He is looking to get an X-2 as well. What are you asking for your Prostar 190?

GregS
06-18-2010, 04:44 PM
FYI- I think you can demo some wakeboards and Surfboards at the 208 bridge tonight....we picked up surfboard last week from them.

TEAL98
06-19-2010, 01:34 AM
My cousin has a 1998 Prostar 190...great boat! He is looking to get an X-2 as well. What are you asking for your Prostar 190?

I put it up for $16k obo, but I think I'm going to drop it down to $15. I know everybody has gotten damn close to their book value for MCs, but for some people it's taken a while. I don't wanna wait too long, so there's definately room to haggle, but I don't wanna give it away either. I'm just anxious to get an X2, for the better wake, better stereo, and certain ladies have been making comments about all the room through-out on the X2s. It would be perfect, especially since the ole' lady just left me tonight:rolleyes::D

TEAL98
06-19-2010, 01:36 AM
FYI- I think you can demo some wakeboards and Surfboards at the 208 bridge tonight....we picked up surfboard last week from them.

Yeah, I read Dougs thing on his FB. Had prior commitments though, been dealing with BS all week:rolleyes:

But I'll be out there Sunday for sure! :cool::D

GregS
06-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Sounds like a good deal. I hope to make it to lake today....we will have to see.

GregS
06-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Teal98...I think I passed you on Kentucky Springs Road on Sunday....10:55 ish? Did you just pull your boat or were you getting ready to put the boat in?

dog paw
06-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Teal98...I think I passed you on Kentucky Springs Road on Sunday....10:55 ish? Did you just pull your boat or were you getting ready to put the boat in?

I took a look for him up C Creek around 4:00 Sunday. I dont blame him for bailing early, the lake was a zoo (as usual) One of the water cops even manage to kill himself hitting a wake at the State park...

TEAL98
06-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah, my buddy was towing it with his red ZR2 Blazer. I was surprised on how well it did:) We actually forgot the tube, and the two girls we brought with us wanted to tube, so we had to slip the boat in, dock it, and run back to the house and get it while they tanned.

Yeah, I think I ran out of CC probably sometime around 4pm, if not sooner. We headed on over to Pigeon Creek, and MAN they've got some warm spots in that one cove everybody seems to hang out in! I mean, it was like hot tub water that came and went pretty often. Almost as if water was being dumped out of my exhaust at 160 degrees.

Anyways, I didn't hear about the incident until this morning on my way into work. Pretty freaky, keep your thoughts and prayers with the LEO's family!:(

GregS
06-22-2010, 07:46 AM
The lake was very busy for a Sunday!!! Too many people that don't know the rules of the water....I am surprised more people don't get hurt on Tubes....with some of the antics I see at the speeds.

I am sorry to hear about the Police officer on the lake. Was he in a boat or a JetSki? That is terrible. Prayers to his family. Godspeed.

dog paw
06-22-2010, 10:54 AM
They were in one of the boats. Seems he hit his head on the dash on the landing. Freak accident for sure. Hear's a link to the story The Wally factor is off the charts anymore...

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=102721&catid=158

Jerseydave
06-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Getting stoked! Hope to be on the lake late friday afternoon/evening for my first session.

Hey Teal and Dogpaw, we want to spend one day on the lake this weekend, and the other day at Kings Dominion. Which day is less crowded on the lake, saturday or sunday? (I would imagine sunday evenings get quieter)
I'll try riding at Contrary Creek since it looks pretty close to where our rental house is located.

dog paw
06-22-2010, 07:27 PM
The wife thinks Saturday is a better day, but to me its a toss up. It does seem to clear out Sunday eve. If you get the chance ride up the lake to Pamunkey Creek (ski alley) or Terrys Run. Best ski water on the lake IMO. Weekends are tough anywhere anymore.....

Jerseydave
06-22-2010, 08:33 PM
The wife thinks Saturday is a better day, but to me its a toss up. It does seem to clear out Sunday eve. If you get the chance ride up the lake to Pamunkey Creek (ski alley) or Terrys Run. Best ski water on the lake IMO. Weekends are tough anywhere anymore.....

Thanks DP. If you and/or Teal are out this weekend we'll look for ya.

I was also invited to try the private side, maybe I should take him up on the offer? I just think the water will be way too hot but less boat traffic is always nice. Since our rental is on the public side I'll most likely use the boat there for the weekend.

TEAL98
06-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Sunday would work better for me, but I've got a family reunion to attend for my step-father's side of the family on Saturday. So if you're on the lake I'm sure you'll see me, it's somewhere past Christopher Run. I won't be out until the afternoon on Saturday though. Sunday I may spend all day however, though :cool:

KHall
06-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Thanks DP. If you and/or Teal are out this weekend we'll look for ya.

I was also invited to try the private side, maybe I should take him up on the offer? I just think the water will be way too hot but less boat traffic is always nice. Since our rental is on the public side I'll most likely use the boat there for the weekend.

The water does get un-refreshingly hot, its not a bad price for good water. Weekends will be challenging on the public side. Hope you have a blast its a great place.

doug@baywatersports
06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Hey guys,

Checkout the new MC 214V. It is an awesome looking boat for you skiers. Lots of interior room and is a certified 3 event ski boat. Also, on display are an X-2 and X-45. If you like to standout on the lake, you must see the X-2 (yellow and Med. blue). Nice looking boat.

On Saturday, Crunkfest 2010 is going on at our mobile boardshop on LKA. There will be 4 or 5 rails built and lots of action throughout the day. Will be a full day of fun.

Jerseydave
06-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Sounds good Doug, I'll try to swing by on saturday. I'd really like to pick up some MC golf shirts if you have any there :D

If anyone wants a pull behind my X-star with 2000# of ballast just flag me down!

KHall
06-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Sounds good Doug, I'll try to swing by on saturday. I'd really like to pick up some MC golf shirts if you have any there :D

If anyone wants a pull behind my X-star with 2000# of ballast just flag me down!

:D Oh how i wish my knee was healed.

doug@baywatersports
06-24-2010, 10:06 PM

Sound great. I'll keep a lookout for you.

You'll have to track my son Kyle down. He would love to go ride with you guys. He is living on LKA full-time teaching wakeboarding.

Jerseydave
06-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Sound great. I'll keep a lookout for you.

You'll have to track my son Kyle down. He would love to go ride with you guys. He is living on LKA full-time teaching wakeboarding.

Your son Kyle is welcome to come take a set with us, I'm sure my son Kyle would like that! :D

Leaving soon.......can't wait to get there! :)

TEAL98
06-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Hopefully I'll see all you guys out there this weekend! Tomorrow is a family reunion (step-father's side), across the lake, so chances are, if you're out between the 208 bridge and christopher run campground, you'll run across the teal 98 :D

Dave - I don't care what boat is out, mine or yours, I need some INSTRUCTION on wakeboarding. I'm tired of being put to shame by these women:o

TEAL98
06-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Just put the boat in the water earlier, sittin' at the dock ready to go for tomorrow:cool: I'll be going cross lake between 12:30 and 1. Might do a little tubing after 4 or so but I'll be out on Sunday for sure tearing it up! Dave, I think I gave you my number a while ago but I don't have yours in my PM box. Gimme a call sometime tomorrow after 11 am and maybe we can meet up :cool:

smiller
06-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Ended up taking off of work on Friday 6/25 and setting the slalom course up by the Days Bridge on the Pamunkey branch with some friends. We were able to take sets all day (7am - 3pm) without too much interference (just one cabin cruiser that decided it would be a good idea to cut off one of our passes). Most folks just used that area as an anchor-up spot to swim and eat lunch.

If anyone reading this sees us out there in the future, just idle on over. We'd be glad to give you a pull or have you run your boat through some sets. Heck, we can start the Redneck Ski Club.

Once again, I realized how extremely difficult the slalom course is. I watched a bit of the 2010 Mastercraft Global Invitational Saturday night and really appreciate what those athletes have accomplished. 41 off... I'd be happy with a consistent 15 off!

GregS
06-28-2010, 10:36 PM
What kind of boat do you have? I would like to come up and watch....do you guys run every Sat and Sun?

Greg

smiller
06-29-2010, 06:39 PM
What kind of boat do you have? I would like to come up and watch....do you guys run every Sat and Sun?

Greg

A 98 Prostar... when we setup the course all depends on the week. I'm guessing this weekend will be too crazy though.

Jerseydave
06-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Well looks like I missed most of you guys this past weekend, but I did meet Doug and his wife from Bay Watersports. He had a nice setup there saturday at the rail jam (crunkfest) :)

The lake was clean and warm, but good water was hard to find saturday. We did find a few smooth areas on Contrary creek where my 7 year old daughter got up on her wakeboard for the first time! SWEET!

Toobers and jetskis everywhere, even a 24' Formula pulling a toober in C.C. doing doughnuts like he owned the place! Weekend wally for sure.

All in all a good weekend on a nice lake. And there is nothing like having the X-star dockside ready to go whenever I feel the urge!

TEAL98
06-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I stopped and talked to Doug with my buddy on Sunday, hungover as hell :D

I left leaving with all kinds of different directions I wanted to go. Had time to think about it, may wait until next spring to upgrade, so I can get my finances exactly where I want them.

I was out on the lake late on Saturday, probably 3 o'clock or so, stayed in the creek until about 5 or 6 and went out over to the little hang-out in Pigeon Creek. Workin' my magic on this girl that's got me all wrapped up :rolleyes:

GregS
06-30-2010, 08:21 AM
I am sure we will need to get an early start this weekend for some good water.

smiller....nice Boat! If you guys put up the course this weekend...please share...we would like to come up and watch a few sets. Where are you setting-up the course?

TEAL98
06-30-2010, 09:29 PM
I am sure we will need to get an early start this weekend for some good water.

smiller....nice Boat! If you guys put up the course this weekend...please share...we would like to come up and watch a few sets. Where are you setting-up the course?

Up lake, after it Y's off after the restaurant, go to the left... i think:D

GregS
07-01-2010, 06:52 AM
Teal...will you be out in the morning this weekend?

I am assuming you are talking about the top right green line from your map on the second page? How long does it take you to get there from your place in Contrary Creek. We are in Bear Castle....just trying to gauge how long it will take us.

Greg

Njskier- NICE BOAT!!

doug@baywatersports
07-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Hey Greg, I love your boat. It looks really nice. Hope you and your family are enjoying it. See you this weekend at the lake.

doug@baywatersports
07-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Forgot to mention so great news to everyone.

We are hosting a wakeboard tournament on Lake Anna (Pigeon Cove area) on July 31st. Please let start passing the word along to everyone you see. Come ride in the event, or just anchor your boat and support our local boarders. There will be food, drinks, and prizes.

Also, our event is being run in conjunction with a Pro RED Bull rail event at the National Harbor in DC later this same day. Red Bull is bringing in pro riders, Parks Bonifay, JD Webb, Adam Erington, and Brian Grubb. A few of our local riders will be riding the rails with these guys as well. This will be awesome for our area.

I will be posting more information about both events in the near future.

smiller
07-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Headed to the lake for an extended stay over the 4th. The fireworks zoo on Saturday night should be another fun navigational experience!

I am doubtful we will setup the course this weekend, but never say never. Maybe Monday Morning. I will post up here if we decide to go with it.

TEAL98
07-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Teal...will you be out in the morning this weekend?

I am assuming you are talking about the top right green line from your map on the second page? How long does it take you to get there from your place in Contrary Creek. We are in Bear Castle....just trying to gauge how long it will take us.

Greg

Njskier- NICE BOAT!!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's where Miller is referring to... the other green line would be the sandbar area, and that's never a good place to find good water. Unless you're drunk like all the other idiots that frequent there8p

I heard it's supposed to be 96 on sunday. I wasn't planning on putting the boat in this weekend, but if it's gunna be hot and all my family is going to be hanging out, BBQ'in, I think I'll just go ahead and slip it in tomorrow evening. I'd be MORE than happy to help set up the slalom course sunday morning, but I've got to work tomorrow.

Anyways, leme know what ya'll plan on doing:)

TEAL98
07-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Forgot to answer the question...

I would guesstimate it would probably take me about 15-20 minutes or so to get from where I am to there.

And where is Bear Castle?:confused:

GregS
07-06-2010, 09:43 AM
It was crazy out this past weekend...especially Sat...just as expected. We went out to ski and wakeboard on Monday morning around 7...not a sole on the water.....boy was that nice! Traffic on the water started to pick up around 9:30-10. Good times.

smiller
07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
We broke out the old oak and pine combos and contributed to the mayhem on Sunday.

We ended up setting up the course Monday morning for a few sets. With the water depth down, we set it up by the days bridge... which is a right (instead of a left) at the fork after Hunter's Landing/ The No Wake Zone. The further end of the Pamunkey is in the 4-7 foot range, a bit too close for comfort. Up by Days bridge we were in 12-14 feet of water. We need rain.

Dogpaw gave us a shout on Monday afternoon while we were tooling around. Good to meet other TT'ers.

GregS
07-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Smiller- I think I passed you on Saturday when we were headed north to the sand bar on Saturday. The water was rough!!!! Good looking boat! Great pic....looks like the next step is a pyramid!

smiller
07-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Smiller- I think I passed you on Saturday when we were headed north to the sand bar on Saturday. The water was rough!!!! Good looking boat! Great pic....looks like the next step is a pyramid!

Greg... you probably saw the "twin" to my boat. My cousin was on the lake this last weekend and thought it was me. He was going to flag the boat down, but when he came up on it and saw the occupants, he realized it was another 30th anniversary boat on the lake.

GregS
07-28-2010, 07:02 AM
So who is going to the Wakeboard event this Saturday in Pigeon Cove? Sounds like you need to be there around 7:30..event goes from 8-1.

See the attached link for all of the details:

http://www.baywatersports.com/

TEAL98
08-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Oh man, sure has been a while:D

Boat has been sitting in the water for the past month and a half, as I've been using extremely frequently. I know it's short notice, but I was wondering if anybody was going to be setting up the slalom course tomorrow morning, as I'd be more than happy to show up as the sun begins to peak over the horizon, and help:)

If so, leme know, and I'll be on it:cool:

TEAL98
08-29-2010, 02:17 PM
weak :( :D

TEAL98
09-11-2010, 02:43 PM
I'll be out early in the morning, hope to hit the water by 7 and head on over to Pamunkey:) It'll be the first time I let the girlfriend get in the captain's seat and hope she doesnt pull my arms off:o

ithaca91
10-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Rhetorical question I guess as I just got off the phone with the folks at Bay Watersports in MD. Informed that they are closing their doors. Say it ain't so! And here I was hoping that they were going to expand to Lake Anna.

RIP Bay Watersports.

Jabrew
10-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Think you might have something mistaken. I was there yesterday while dropping boat off for winter and nothing was said, they actually had a good boat show a few weekends ago. Not a good rumor to spread.

Jabrew
10-29-2010, 01:48 PM
ithaca91. I need to apologize as I was clearly wrong. I was just informed of the closing of Bay Area Watersports. This was a surprise and annoying considering they could have mentioned something or at least taken care of the warranty stuff.

GregS
11-03-2010, 05:04 AM
I need to have our boat winterized....they were supposed to do it for us. This is not good. Anyone know of a good company to winterize our boat at lake anna? MasterCraft X-Star?

stauf125@aol.com

804-662-0249

mcole80
11-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Does anyone know if MasterCraft will step up and help the new owners with boats still under warranty? I purchased my boat October of last year and you could slowly see the writing on the wall if you stayed in touch with them. I hope MasterCraft or another dealer steps up to service our boats!

Big Air
11-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey guy's. Not sure how far you are from Chesapeake, Va but Ski Boats Unlimited is the place to get service/Warranty work done. I have had a 20 plus year realtionship with Brad Smith the owner and you could not ask for better people to deal with. Danny Webb is in sales and can help you schedule service 252-714-8543. Just droped mine off yesterday and I drive 2.5 hours for them to do my work.

Big Air
11-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey guys. Sorry about the phone number. Danny's number is 757-714-8543.

dog paw
11-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I need to have our boat winterized....they were supposed to do it for us. This is not good. Anyone know of a good company to winterize our boat at lake anna? MasterCraft X-Star?

stauf125@aol.com

804-662-0249

Greg, Sam@ lake reigion repair has helped me out of a pinch a few times. I do all of my own work but I can step up for Sam and a couple of his techs. They are right on 522 by Dickensons store. Prolly busy as all get out now...

Big Air
11-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Posted this earlier on another thread but give Ski Boats Unlimited a try in Chesapeake VA. Have a long term relationship with them and have chosen them to do our service work even though we are 2.5 hours away. Call Danny Webb 757 714 8543. Great people, Great Company

GregS
11-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. I contacted the a few...waiting on confirmation of when the work can be done.

GregS
11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Kellen just came down to Lake Anna and helped me out....here is his new company information...anyone looking for work on their MasterCraft boat...

Wye River Water Sports

actual location:
324 Centreville rd
Queenstown, MD

Mailing address:
po box 24
Queenstown, MD

phone: 410-827-0007
email: kellen@wyeriverwatersports.com

TEAL98
11-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Posted this earlier on another thread but give Ski Boats Unlimited a try in Chesapeake VA. Have a long term relationship with them and have chosen them to do our service work even though we are 2.5 hours away. Call Danny Webb 757 714 8543. Great people, Great Company

Greg - I know you've already had your work performed, but for the locals I can verify that Danny and his guys are great to deal with. I've performed all the basic maintenance on mine since purchased, but Danny made things hassle free, cut and dry, when I picked mine up through Ski Boats Unltd last year. Unfortuanately, I had a pretty bad accident at work about a month ago, and have decided to let go of mine. Got it up for sale locally, since I'll never be able to get behind it again :( If you know anyone looking for a good running MC with relatively low hours on it, leme know

~Jon

GregS
12-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident! That sucks. Good luck with the sale.

Kellen is helping me with some warranty work....and he knows the boat. I appreciate the help though. I know the guys in VA Beach are good....we know of some people here in Richmond that speak highly of them!