PDA

View Full Version : back seat replacement ideas

slickwater1
05-28-2010, 02:57 PM
I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has put a towel or some other type of covering over the fuel tank in a older style prostar. I would love to leave the seat out on some days for room and don't have luxury of just taking the bench out like on the newer boats. Ideas?

83SuperSlot
05-28-2010, 03:13 PM
You can get a piece of plexiglass and paint it or some masonite and just attatch it whenever you want the bench out.... I have a plastic piece but I think either of those would work fine...

slickwater1
05-28-2010, 03:19 PM
you got any pics of said contraption. I was thinking about buying a large piece of heavy material and having snaps in place so that I could simply snap it in if I left the seat out. just looking for more room and most of the time it is just me and one other out skiing.

Campbell
05-30-2010, 05:20 AM
my 95 205 has a plastic piece covered in carpet with 4 metal tabs that are screwed to it along the top side that work as tabs to wedge it into place

glassmaster
05-30-2010, 02:54 PM
you got any pics of said contraption. I was thinking about buying a large piece of heavy material and having snaps in place so that I could simply snap it in if I left the seat out. just looking for more room and most of the time it is just me and one other out skiing.

Here are a couple of pics of mine. I would like to find a back seat to copy so I could built one for my boat.
Hope this helps.