PDA

View Full Version : X 45 SS Constant throttle control problems

alanc
05-28-2010, 09:33 AM
I have an 09 X45 SS that has constantly broken down and now the engine continually revs at 2200 rpm any ideas

it has 55 hrs on it and almost 40 of those has been mastercraft trying to fix it

joecarew3
05-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Lemon??? I would look into it? It must be under warranty?

alanc
05-28-2010, 10:34 AM
I looked it up but there is no lemon law on boats, they keep repairing it under warranty but now its dangerous and they cant find the problem, so don't trust it. Even the CEO John Dorton wont return any emails or call me back to discuss

joecarew3
05-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I haven't ever bought a new boat, but reading through this forum for a while, I would feel confident that Mastercraft will make this right for you. Good luck, let us know what happens.

alanc
05-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the support however i seriously doubt it. There three tope execs John Dorton,Scott Crutchfiled and John Fausch don't answer their phones or reply to email so where does a client go from here. I spent nearly $80k on a boat and have only had about 10hrs without a breakdown, my wife nearly was thrown off the boat last weekend when it surged out of control.

rspiecha
05-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Sorry to hear about your issues, but I would be pushing real hard on the Dealer, Mastercraft, and maybe Indmar.

Rob

alanc
05-28-2010, 11:15 AM
HI The dealer in Tampa and Naples have been great they have done everything they can to make the boat safe but it keeps letting them down.

and i have no direct contact with Inmar

Thanks

Alan

ttu
05-28-2010, 11:17 AM
might pm enginenut (yes a team member). he works or used to work for indmar.

alanc
05-28-2010, 11:21 AM
thanks i will suggest that, they have replaced the throttle control system, on the 09 its all electronic, the boat was loosing about 50% of its power last month and this seemed to fix that problem, not sure if this one is related

Jerseydave
05-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems. Electronics are one of the hardest things to troubleshoot, and depending on how many times the dealer has tried to fix it you may want to search out another dealer with a tech with alot more experience.
If it were me I'd demand a loaner boat, leave yours with them until it's fixed and tell them to run it for at least 2-3 hours before returning it to you.
Your boat sounds too dangerous to use, imagine trying to dock it as it "idles" at 2200 rpms.

BTW, if they have not "tried" replacing the ECM, that would be a suggestion (not that I recommend just throwing parts at it, but it is the brains of the system) Assuming they have tested all of the other components and sensors first.

alanc
05-28-2010, 12:27 PM
HI Thanks for the advice they have changed the ECM i think in the past for other problems. and we had to guide the boat onto the lift with ropes from the channel no fun and very dangerous

I have been towed in three time for breakdowns

Alan

MJR24s
08-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Bvghbgggn