PDA

View Full Version : knoxville mc dealer

BNIROOSTER
05-27-2010, 01:52 PM
anyone ever get good service from american boat center?

ski/hunt
05-27-2010, 04:42 PM
I had them check out our new to us ps205. Ron (ser. Mgr.) was very helpful, gave me many ideas and showed me how to fix a few things on my own. I can't say many service shops have walked me through work to be done, knowing I was doing it and not them. Sure seem good to me.

BNIROOSTER
05-27-2010, 05:27 PM
I have taken my 01 X9 in for a transmission issue and they have had it a week with little being done and even less communication from them, When I call to check on the status they keep saying that they hope to look at is some more later in the day.....I'm extremely frustrated with the attitude they seem to have. I was wanting to purchase a new X14 within the next 2 seasons, but now I'm very hesitant to do so. Do you only use the dealership for repairs?

2RLAKE
05-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Norris PS205 had the same issue with his '05 X9 ... lack of communication. In a service business that is the key to success, so hopefully they are getting the message that communication, even if its to say the have not had a chance to work on it, is better than none

On the other hand, my neighbor took his X15 there and had a great experience

X14 .... great boat ... love mine

Cloaked
05-27-2010, 08:52 PM
anyone ever get good service from american boat center?
I shy away from there. Always short-handed or running weeks behind in service. $0.02

sk8salomon
05-27-2010, 10:03 PM
I shy away from there. Always short-handed or running weeks behind in service. $0.02

they have only had MC for what, 2 years now? they swapped with travis right, CC for MC, lol!

TN X-45
05-28-2010, 06:48 AM
I bought my 2008 X-45 from there and had a great experience. The boat was ready on time and in perfect condition. My only service experience (which was great!) was when I called on a Saturday afternoon after cleaning my boat and getting ready to go out with family and the boat wouldnt start. Battery was good, wiring was good, emergency stop was engaged - nothing. I called out of desperation and they connected me with service and the guy stayed on the phone with me and troubleshot everything - turned out it was the throttle safety - it was in neutral but moved just enough to where the boat thought I was in gear - just had to jiggle it and it started right up. Thank you ABC! Saved my day!

MCVOLS
05-31-2010, 07:48 AM
I live in KX, and bought my boat out of market. I worked with ABC on a boat they had, but got a better deal on a new '08 (after the '10's were out, so no issue with out of market-ABC knew what I was doing). I even asked them about servicing it, and they said no problems. They did say that if they were backed up, priority would be given to customers they sold to, which is certainly understandable.

I have had it in to them for a few minor warranty issues, and had quick response and overall good experience. This was in the fall, so not a big rush to get boats on the water.

DBrown2
05-31-2010, 01:42 PM
I have found unless its a New Boat.. or your in there alot... They are some what iffy... on service. I found with Cleveland Boat Center.. a better experience.. They actually talk to you, about your boat, and try to figure out your history with MC.

But then again.. Service is a tuff job.. people these days want to ask 100 questions expect you to come out and do it for them... and then do it for free. I was in Service work for 10 years, tuff job.. It never hurts to tip a guy... Yes a tip.. Just keep that in mind

jasonba1
05-31-2010, 02:42 PM
ive always had great luck with them. You can tell with how many boats they have on their lot for service they are doing a good job

dkennx2
08-14-2010, 10:44 AM
I purchased my 2009 X2 from them and have had it serviced there a couple times no problems they have always been honest and up front with me and realistic on service times. I fully understand that they are a service business and a very busy one at that and as with any boat dealer they stay back logged. They are not as common as say your Ford or Chevrolet dealerships so they have more of a back log. I have experienced this with Motorcycle dealerships as well. You can't wait until 2 days before you have a big weekend planned and try to get your boat serviced and back to you in time. I always plan around the seasons to get my service work done and have never had an issue. Steve, Ron , Jason and Ryan have always went above and beyond to make our experience a pleasent one.