PDA

View Full Version : 95 Maristar power loss

Grandwilli
05-26-2010, 08:55 AM
I am experencing problems with power loss at high speeds. Once i get the throttle beyond the 9 o'clock position I loose half my RPM's and the engine seems like its boggin down. Runs great otherwise just began happening after 4 hours out on the lake. Any suggestions?:confused:

Gofast
05-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Was that your Maristar at Sneaky Petes this weekend?

Power loss, This could be several things. Mine did this last year and it was a partially collapsed exhaust hose. The inside had seperated so the exhaust was 80% blocked on the drivers side. Outside of hose looked normal, just lack of power above 2500 RPM.

It could really be several things tune up related. I know some good independent mechanics in Lewsiville if you need Pro help.

Thanks Rob

Grandwilli
05-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Yes sir that was me and it finished the day fine however yesterday I starting having the issue. Runs fine if I don't "throttle it" so to speak just very frustrating not to have the full complement.

Prostar19
05-26-2010, 09:41 AM
I had a 95 190 with the LT1 and had a similar issue and it ended up being a small in-line fuel filter. It was reall close to the tank and was a clear flow thru filter. It had become clogged and would not keep power at speed

Gofast
05-26-2010, 10:41 AM
I think we meet then, I had the 95 with new skins tied to the walk way.

Freebies to check for first.

Check your fuel filters. Go ahead and pull the exhaust hose off the manifold and make sure it is not collapsed inside. I only say this because I paid a mechanic to check the fuel pressure at idle and at speed because I thought it was the fuel pump after I had changed the fuel filters.

My thinking was loss of power at speed, either fule delivery or the altenator was weak and dropping voltage at higher demand. I now have a new 110 amp alt. and new fuel filters etc.

Thanks Rob

Grandwilli
05-26-2010, 03:10 PM
We definitely did last Sunday at Pete’s...I just got back from replacing the only fuel filter I know of and it did nothing for me. I was out about an hour or so and it became progressively worse the longer I went. Had full power when she was still cold but once it heated up it drug even more as if something was actually working against the engine. I will be checking the exhaust hose next as suggested thanks for the info.