PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine and Buzzer

rrskier
05-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Just brought out 07 X7 MCX and de-winterized. Everything went as normal except after 15 seconds of running on trailer the engine buzzer sounds and CHK ENG shows on tach display. 3/4ths tank of gas, with Sta Bil, oil changed last fall. I pull spark plugs and give about 1/2 teaspoon gas/oil mix and turn over engine before starting. Engine runs great, water circulates thru and comes out exhaust, oil looks good. Ran engine till theromstat opened at 160. Any suggestions? My closest Mastercraft Dealer is 170 miles away. We do have a Malibu and a Centurian dealer but I don't know the differences between my MCX and say the Monsoon. Is it possible to run diagnostics without the service tool?

sand2snow22
05-26-2010, 01:09 AM
I hear 07 has a lot of these problems. Need to plug in, check and clear codes. Sounds like 3 warm up, cool down cycles will also clear the code(s) if the engine isn't throwing anymore codes.....

How charged was your battery when you started her for the first time? Probably some stupid low voltage code.....

rrskier
05-26-2010, 02:23 AM
The battery was on a good charger for appx. 20 hrs and was fully charged. After running the boat to temp of 160 I disconnected the battery thinking the system might reset. But unfortunately the boat did not reboot. The buzzer and warning display came back.

rrskier
05-31-2010, 11:29 PM
Boat was started, run to temp of 160 degrees then cooled to 100 degrees. Procedure was repeated three times. Upon fourth startup buzzer did not sound!!!
Would the error code which originally caused problem still be in ECM whereby it could be retreaved or is it completely gone? I would like to know what the system said was wrong.

I very much appreciate the knowledge shared on this site.
Thank you.

JimN
05-31-2010, 11:39 PM
Just brought out 07 X7 MCX and de-winterized. Everything went as normal except after 15 seconds of running on trailer the engine buzzer sounds and CHK ENG shows on tach display. 3/4ths tank of gas, with Sta Bil, oil changed last fall. I pull spark plugs and give about 1/2 teaspoon gas/oil mix and turn over engine before starting. Engine runs great, water circulates thru and comes out exhaust, oil looks good. Ran engine till theromstat opened at 160. Any suggestions? My closest Mastercraft Dealer is 170 miles away. We do have a Malibu and a Centurian dealer but I don't know the differences between my MCX and say the Monsoon. Is it possible to run diagnostics without the service tool?

Why do you mix oil with the gas? Do you have oxygen sensors? Do you think the oil is making them throw a code, since oil isn't normally in the fuel and therefore, isn't normally in the exhaust?

Don't guess at the cause of a check engine light when the codes are there to make troubleshooting easier.

40Ford
06-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Similar issue - put our '07 X2 in the water this weekend and burned up an impeller. Found I'd reversed the water inlet hoses (I know, can't believe I could be so stupid), so no water flow to the impeller. We figured out the problem quickly. After changing the impeller, clearing impeller shrapnel, correcting the hoses, and seeing good flow out the exhaust, the check engine display and alarm still come on almost immediately after starting. I'm going to get a new gasket today to make sure it's not pulling air. The local dealer can't see me till the end of July. Is it a reasonable request for me to take the boat to the dealer and ask them to check the code? Then try the 3 warm up/cool down cycles to see if that clears up the problem?

Thanks. My first post - been an active reader since getting the boat last year and have learned a lot. Not enough, clearly, but this is a great forum.

peemer
05-11-2014, 08:34 AM
I've got the same issue as described in this post. (07 x15)

http://www.justanswer.com/boat/3m683-mastercraft-x2-2007-went-last-night-warning.html

Engine runs totally fine, but check engine comes up along with a solid tone after 10 seconds of running. Oil pressure fine, good flow of water out the exhaust when using fake-a-lake. Is there a way to get the code from the diagnostic connector on the back of the engine? Pretty sure I can get my hands on a computer with an ODB I connector if that is what it is.
All connections appear to be fine, checked diet cap, plug wires, etc.

JimN
05-11-2014, 09:45 AM
I've got the same issue as described in this post. (07 x15)

http://www.justanswer.com/boat/3m683-mastercraft-x2-2007-went-last-night-warning.html

Engine runs totally fine, but check engine comes up along with a solid tone after 10 seconds of running. Oil pressure fine, good flow of water out the exhaust when using fake-a-lake. Is there a way to get the code from the diagnostic connector on the back of the engine? Pretty sure I can get my hands on a computer with an ODB I connector if that is what it is.
All connections appear to be fine, checked diet cap, plug wires, etc.

You don't have OBD I, so that won't work.

I would stop using the Fake A Lake, too. Never been a fan.

wheeler
05-12-2014, 08:00 AM
I had the same issue this year. Apparently, I must have either had the key on, turned the key on, or bumped over the motor with the knock sensors unplugged. Had to have the codes cleared. I tried the 3 warm up cool down approach but that did not work for me. If you are not overheating, have oil pressure and volt gauge is reading 13+ and the closest dealer is a haul you might want to read thread #7 of the following post:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=35512&highlight=check+engine

I have not tried this trick, so if anyone does, let me know how it works out.