PDA

View Full Version : Help me get on water, CRACKED BLOCK

cstangel
05-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Yup, my worst nightmare has just happened. Got a late start this year with getting the boat started to find my engine block cracked, I've been winterizing my boats for many many years and I don't know what went wrong this year (besides not getting all the water out). I currently own a 04 X2 with MCX engine and am wandering what are my options, long block, short block, used??? Anybody know of best place to go to get a new engine, and is this 5.7liter block the same from a GM auto dealer (I work at one). Please any input or experience would be appreciated so I can get on the water as soon as possible. Thank You Very Much

ShamrockIV
05-25-2010, 11:42 PM
ouch!!! good luck with it bro. the block should be the same. i would find a good mechanic that can move the parts over. pulling engine on x2 will be a bear. my dad bought an inboard pontoon a few summers back with a cracked 350 in it. we ordered on from gm dealer(best price!!) and pulled the ole one and moved all the parts over. should only have hurt the block the rest should be good. good luck!!

95prostar
05-25-2010, 11:43 PM
you answered your own question. depends on money and know how. you can do many different options.... swap your internals to a new block while carefully checking clearances, get a short block and swap your components, longblock replacement. I would find a good block and rebuild with stronger and better internals. I also worked in a racing engine machine shop for many years so this may not be your option. good luck. if you work for a dealership you should be able to get a deal on a crate motor. yes the mcx block is an auto block and not boat or mastercraft specific.

95prostar
05-25-2010, 11:52 PM
http://sdparts.com/

83SuperSlot
05-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Good luck man... I'm interested in the process... keep us up to date with pics.... :popcorn:

Lars
05-26-2010, 01:01 AM
Well...
If money is no object, you could just get this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INDMAR-5-7-MCX-MASTERCRAFT-SALTWATER-BOAT-ENGINE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5315fc75QQitemZ19037 2510837QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear#ht_5 379wt_1053