PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this....speedo / electrical box issue?

bridomine99
05-25-2010, 09:15 PM
We took the boat out for the first time last weekend and I ended up with wet feet. The pictures tell the story, but the manifold seperated from the electrical box and the speedo hoses made for a nice little spray of water when at speed.

Has anyone seen this before and how did you fix it? The manifold fits nice on the electrical box, but it doesn't snap on or anything. It almost looks like it was glued originally??

sethro
05-25-2010, 11:23 PM
I had the same thing happen to me. The one year it didn't sit in my garage for storage...it sat at the factory that winter but that's another story. Anyway, I used a small amount of Gorilla Glue on both sides and clamped it tight for it to dry. This is the start of the third season with the repair and still working fine. Good luck.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Any chance there was water in there that froze and the expansion broke the part off?

bridomine99
05-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Any chance there was water in there that froze and the expansion broke the part off?

Chance… guaranteed this was the case :D

I'll have to add removing the hoses to let them drip out to my winterization list. Thanks for the info guys!