PDA

View Full Version : Looking for carpet

simonmathews
05-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Looking for carpet for a 1996 ProStar 190 that is light grey in color. It may be discontinued...just wondering if anybody knows the manufacturer that Mastercraft uses now so that I could get something close to the original. I have looked at several samples and nothing comes close. Also, does anyone know the ounce grade I should use - is it 20+?

east tx skier
05-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Try Corinthian Marine Carpet. They may have something close.

stx22
05-25-2010, 12:25 PM
I just replaced the carpet in my 1997 PS 205 with the Corinthian Premium Cut Pile. However, I think they may have discontinued it due all the boats now using snap in carpets. I would give them a call anyway.

The carpet wasn't an exact match, but it was very close. Actually, it is a bit nicer than the original - throws a party for my feet every time I get in the boat!

mig
05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
I bought some "premium 20oz carpet" to redo our boat with and discovered it was junk compared to MC's OE carpet. I couldn't bring myself to use it so bought some of this 40oz instead : http://marinecarpeting.com/carpet/marine-carpet/40-oz-luxury-marine-carpet.html
Seemed like an easy company to deal with, they didn't try to sell and ship glue that I could purchase locally, and they included a carpet knife and installation instructions.

stx22
05-25-2010, 03:01 PM
I would agree, I got samples of just about every carpet I could get my hands on and the 20oz was ok, but did not seem nearly as nice as the factory carpet.

I would be willing to bet that the carpet in the link aboveIS the Corinthian carpet. At least it's the same weight and uses the same color names as the Corinthian carpet. I got it direct from the manufacturer, but was told that I got the last roll of 12' X 15', as they were no longer stocking the glue in carpet.

Simon, you going the DIY route?