PDA

View Full Version : How do you calb the fuel sensor X-30

Air Hog
05-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Well after finding out the hard way last weekend, my gas guage is way off, I showed a 1/4 of tank but she was dead in the water, got a pull to the docks and 20 gal showed almost full, are you able to pull the float and adjust or do I just need a new sensor, its on a 2005 X-30
thanks

madmuffin
05-26-2010, 01:22 AM
Air Hog,
This sounds way too familiar. When I took out my new 2007 X-30 for the first time a year ago, I ended up floating with a quarter-plus tank left registering on the fuel gauge. Had my wife and mother with me along with the kids. Luckily it was a nice day out! Mastercraft replaced the gauge (and the sensor I believe) last summer. Didn't fix the problem. Still registers about quarter-plus above what is actually in the tank. We had to faithfully keep a log all season to track hours as not to run out of gas.

Just dropped it off at the dealership today, as they are putting in a newer model fuel gauge as they believe there is a voltage problem on the Send wire with the model year of the gauge. That is my understanding anyways. My mechanic here talked to another that had the same problem in a X-30 and had to jump to a newer model gauge to correct the issue. So, I am hoping that this will correct the problem.

CiscoStu
05-26-2010, 11:11 AM
On my '06 X-30, there are two adjustment screws on top of the sender in the tank... You need to remove the rubberized coating on the top of the unit to expose the screws, but there are "FULL" and "EMPTY" screws under the blue rubber gunk. Best way to set them: With the tank empty (or near empty) turn the 'Empty' screw until the gauge reads correctly. Then fill the tank and turn the 'Full' screw until the gauge reads 'Full'.

I don't believe replacing the sender will help, as it will need to be calibrated regardless. Try the calibration first (free), then replace the sender.

Hope that helps...

Air Hog
05-26-2010, 10:35 PM
I will try the adjustment screws first , like you said its free, thanks I hope this will fix the problem, and Im not left floating in the middle of no where again.