PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in or near Bellingham, WA

jeverett
05-23-2010, 08:51 PM
I was just wondering if there was any TT members near Bellingham Washington. I am looking at a transfer to Bellingham and I was wondering what Lake Whatcom is like and other lakes in the area or am I going to have to sell the MC and get a big boat for the San Juans? Also what is the boating season like up in Northwestern Washington. I am being less and less impressed with the season here in Central Oregon cold, cold, cold.

Muttley
05-25-2010, 02:15 PM
We've stayed at Whatcom a few times. It's a little chilly, but a nice lake. There's also Sammish, which is really nice for skiing. It's small, but usually flat water. Both are close enough to Bellingham for day trips. We've even come down from Vancouver, BC for the day.

If you're less impressed with Oregon, I doubt you'll be any more impressed with the season out here. It's dry suits until the end of May, then dry suits again in October. The good news is that the lakes never freeze over.

jeverett
05-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the advice. Yes it is the same here dry suit till the end of May and dry suits again in Oct. We do get 300 days of sunshine a year but I have yet to see that this year.

Patrick Hardy
05-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Like Muttley said, not a long warm season, but if you do not mind wearing a dry suit, you can ski/wakeboard year round. If you want to boat in the Sound, then you will definitely need a "big" boat. If you want to boat on inland lakes, there are numerous great lakes within the area - in Washington and in BC. If you want to ski on a private lake then Bow lake is the closest. http://www.waterskiranch.com/index