PDA

View Full Version : things that stick in your mind......

psychobilly
05-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Yesterdee we were out on Lake Conroe and have'n a good time. Then these drunks showed up on their 25' Crownline I/O, threw out the anchor, and kept on drifting..... It wasn't tied on.... So one of the girls says, "I'LL GET IT", and jumps in after it. She did get it and went back up to the boat, climbed in and they then proceeded to tie the anchor on the the back. They figured they were too close to shore at this point and started backing up. The one ole boy is kneeling on the back holding the anchor and the other ole boy is steadily backing up. Then it happened....... YEP dude falls off, boat still in reverse. Now my whole family and friends (kids) are watching this in less that 40' away! We're waiting to see if this guy is gunna come up. He finally did and when he came up it was red water flowing off his head and then it flopped down. (can still get visual) He gets up on the swim platform and took his hand off and it flopped down again. I'm talking a 8 to 10" diameter hunk of his scalp! You could see his SKULL!!! man they were wasted! So the dude drive'n is like dude your gunna be OK and the one chick starts freaking saying how do you start this boat!!! She starts it and with the I/O trimmed up puts it in the corner and tries to take this ole boy to the bank..

It was quite an interesting afternoon...

Covi
05-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Dude, sounds like a mess!!!!

2RLAKE
05-23-2010, 09:37 AM
cleanign up the gene pool

RustyMC
05-23-2010, 09:58 AM
That's insane. Did you end up having to get involved?

psychobilly
05-23-2010, 10:07 AM
OH HECK NO!!!! With all that BLOOD! No way man. They were in their on little world. I don't even know if he made it..... I've looked in the local news but nothing....

SkiDog
05-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Bet he's sore this morning!

87MCProstar
05-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Some people just can't be helped. At least I hope someone on that boat had some sort of first aid training, or was smart enough to call 911

oxberger
05-28-2010, 12:12 PM
It's idiots like that giving all boaters a bad name. No wonder the lake police bug people all the time. This just gives everyone more ammo for making everyone that can drive a boat have a boating license. 2Rlake has it right... and you can't fix stupid.

83SuperSlot
05-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Oh my gosh, this totally sucks. I hope he's okay.... This is why some of the rules on the lake make sense.....

Crazy!

JohnE
05-28-2010, 01:58 PM
I can't believe that someone was injured bad enough that he might die and you didn't get involved. Regardless of how stupid their actions were.

I have a MC friend that I met last year who was injured by a prop. Lucky not to have died. I imagine whatever he was doing would have been considered stupid. Regardless he is a great guy, smart guy, and just did something without much thought in an instant.

Thrall
05-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Oh my gosh, this totally sucks. I hope he's okay.... This is why some of the rules on the lake make sense.....

Crazy!

Yup, it's teh same in construction now. We have rules on how to make safety rules and it's all to protect the people with room temp IQ's and those that like to fake injuries and file lawsuits.
Just a few weeks ago, on my job (about 500 tradesmen although I use that term loosely for about 3/4 of them!) we had a guy drink Xylene, supposedly accidentally. Now it was not in it's orig container, but it was in an old beat up water bottle, covered in tar and whatever else they were cleaning up with Xylene AND it was labeled in big black letters XYLENE.
Dude said he thougth it was water and his 4man said oh yeah that guy steals water and food from us all the time. C'mon, even if you can't read, this beat up bottel was probably a month old and no way in heck it could smell like water. Now he no hable inglais, but I think Xylene is spelled the same in Espanol.

psychobilly
06-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I can't believe that someone was injured bad enough that he might die and you didn't get involved. Regardless of how stupid their actions were.

I have a MC friend that I met last year who was injured by a prop. Lucky not to have died. I imagine whatever he was doing would have been considered stupid. Regardless he is a great guy, smart guy, and just did something without much thought in an instant.

Didn't really have time. He came up, got in the boat and they hauled....

I found out the other day that this guy was life flighted to Herman. They had to remove his skull because of the swelling of the brain.

The story they told the cops was that he fell out of a truck that was parked.....

I guess since I don't drink anymore I don't have ANY respect for someone who is drinking on the wader or the road, operating a boat, car, truck, or ect... and endangering the lifes of others. Maybe this is what it will take for this guy to "make a decision" .... IMOHO