PDA

View Full Version : VDIG Ballast Display

medicmoose
05-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Last year my VDIG ballast display showed the visual of the 3 factory ballast tanks when I scrolled to that section on the display or when I flipped a ballast switch. This year I noticed that it is now only showing the 2 rear ballast tanks in the visual display.

I'm pretty sure I didn't lose my front tank so I'm guessing this has something to do with unhooking the batteries over the winter and the VDIG going back to a factory setting or something.

Does anyone know how I can go back to having the VDIG showing all 3 tank displays?

vision
05-23-2010, 11:50 AM
I have had my battery disconnected for months in the past and my VDIG never lost a ballast sensor, so perhaps a loose wire form the sensor?

Kell
05-23-2010, 12:17 PM
09 X2, battery disconnected at winterization and after summerization, all 3 ballast tanks are showing in the vdig. Sorry, can't help with trouble shooting.

JohnE
05-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Same here, battery disconnected all winter and it still shows all 3 tanks.

Witness140
05-24-2010, 07:58 AM
IIRC from my 09 X2, there is a setup page in the VDIG. On this setup page is a sub menu dealing with ballast setup. I'm betting you can fix it there.

medicmoose
05-24-2010, 03:57 PM
IIRC from my 09 X2, there is a setup page in the VDIG. On this setup page is a sub menu dealing with ballast setup. I'm betting you can fix it there.

Right on...thanks, I'll get into the boat and see what I can figure out.

MCVOLS
06-06-2010, 11:46 AM
medicmoose,
did you figure this out? I lost my display for all 3 tanks. haven't had a chance to check out the settings yet. Let me know what you found.

medicmoose
06-06-2010, 03:24 PM
I talked to the dealer and they figure since the ballast is still filling and emptying that it must be a burned out sensor which they say is somewhere near the ballast tank itself. Each tank has one sensor which is supposed to communicate with the VDIG and they figure that my one is no good.

They ordered it up but I haven't had time to take it in for replacement...I'll let you know if that fixes the problem.

If all 3 of your ballast tanks are not showing up on the VDIG I would be surprised if it was the same problem I am having....but, stranger things have happened.