PDA

View Full Version : Ski Nautique

brookview
05-22-2010, 09:35 PM
I know the wrong forum, but what year did Ski Nautique go to fiberglass floor any one know

Chicago190
05-22-2010, 09:47 PM
After Mastercraft made the change - that's all I'm going to tell you on the Mastercraft owners forum.

cdstukey
05-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Wood free since 1993.

Jim@BAWS
05-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Last year was 1992. In 1993 CC went to a total composite stringer system. They incorporated ISODAMP or something simliar into the hulls to quiet them down. 10 years after MasterCraft went to a fiberglass stinger system

Jim@BAWS

broncotw
05-22-2010, 10:59 PM
I think 1993 was the year... I purchased a brand new Ski Nautique in 1994 and I remember one of the many sales pitch I got was the "all fiberglass" hull.....

east tx skier
05-23-2010, 12:14 AM
I know the wrong forum, but what year did Ski Nautique go to fiberglass floor any one know

1993 .........

/edit. Wow, late much.

brookview
05-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Thats interesting I have a 83 MC and was just suprised that it took correct craft so long. Wonder when supra went all fiberglass

Jim@BAWS
05-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Thats interesting I have a 83 MC and was just suprised that it took correct craft so long. Wonder when supra went all fiberglass

SUPRA went to all fiberglass in 2013 HA HA HA

2RLAKE
05-23-2010, 09:35 AM
i had a '98 comp and i believe it was the first wood free year
but then a grew up and got a MC ....

east tx skier
05-23-2010, 12:05 PM
SUPRA went to all fiberglass in 2013 HA HA HA

You may have them confused with Tige (2002 for nonwood stringers IIRC). :)

My brother in law has a 98 Comp as well. Pretty nice little ski boat.

I remember reading 1995 for supra going composite.

I'm not sure why Correct Craft waited until 1993 to go composite. I suppose after nearly 70 years of doing it that way, they may have seen some logical reason to keep doing it that way. Now you can't even get a teak platform on a Ski Nautique.

brookview
05-23-2010, 12:37 PM
I had a 84 supra comp back about 10 years ago that I had put a floor in nice boat but hated the wood. Then went to a 95 MC and know have a 83 Stars and Stripes. Love the classic

atlfootr
05-23-2010, 11:37 PM
This post jus' isn't right, :o I know the wrong forum, but what year did Ski Nautique go to fiberglass floor any one know You should of asked if anyone cares, who else wants to kill this thread? :D

Kyle
05-24-2010, 05:20 AM
This is the MASTERCRAFT forum why dont you just ask the nautique forum these questions. When you are ready to get a real Wake or Ski boat and get a MC then we will welcome you with open arms but until then piece out...

atlfootr
05-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Thank YOU ...

east tx skier
05-24-2010, 11:03 AM
This post jus' isn't right, :o You should of asked if anyone cares, who else wants to kill this thread? :D

This is the MASTERCRAFT forum why dont you just ask the nautique forum these questions. When you are ready to get a real Wake or Ski boat and get a MC then we will welcome you with open arms but until then piece out...

How ridiculous. What on earth is the matter with asking that question. I was happy to answer it. I think enough threads have been killed unnecessarily around here by the overzealous. And even if he didn't already own a MC, he is welcome to ask questions over here. This topic isn't even close to a violation of the rules of this site.

If the topic doesn't interest you, move on to the next one. Some of us are on here because we are truly interested in boats regardless of the decals affixed to them. This forum started as a good place to exchange information. You'll just have to take my word for it. This was some time ago. Let's try to at least maintain what's left of that aspect of it rather than sending those away who are hungry for information, responding to posts by directing people to the search engine, or being so loyal to a boat brand that you become oblivious to more important things.

They guy can definitely find out good information on the Nautique forum. I see plenty of people over there having questions answered about MasterCraft without being discouraged from bringing it up. Do you think he might have asked the question over here because, as he stated, he owns a MC.

And remember, historically, without Ski Nautique for Rob Shirley to use as a base, there may not have been a MasterCraft.

Oh, and here's a smiley face so I don't have to feel bad about anything.

:)

Sheesh.

CantRepeat
05-24-2010, 11:11 AM
What on earth is the matter with asking that question. I was happy to answer it. I think enough threads have been killed unnecessarily around here by the overzealous among us. If the topic doesn't interest you, move on to the next one. Some of us are on here because we like boats regardless of the decals affixed to them. This forum started as a good place to exchange information. Let's try to maintain at least that aspect of it rather than sending those away who are hungry for information instead of responding to posts by directing people to the search engine or being so loyal to a boat brand that you become oblivious to more important things.

They guy can definitely find out good information on the Nautique forum. I see plenty of people over there having questions answered about MasterCraft without being discouraged from bringing it up. Do you think he might have asked the question over here because he was leaning this way.

And remember, historically, without Ski Nautique for Rob Shirley to use as a base, there may not have been a MasterCraft.

Am I correct in this correction? :confused:

Bert
05-24-2010, 11:16 AM

Yes, I am sure that is what he meant.

east tx skier
05-24-2010, 11:16 AM

I've probably edited it a few times since then.

Oh, and just my $.02, YMMV.

06197ttlq9-footer
05-24-2010, 11:34 AM
What on earth is the matter with asking that question. I was happy to answer it. I think enough threads have been killed unnecessarily around here by the overzealous among us. If the topic doesn't interest you, move on to the next one. Some of us are on here because we like boats regardless of the decals affixed to them. This forum started as a good place to exchange information. Let's try to maintain at least that aspect of it rather than sending those away who are hungry for information instead of responding to posts by directing people to the search engine or being so loyal to a boat brand that you become oblivious to more important things.

They guy can definitely find out good information on the Nautique forum. I see plenty of people over there having questions answered about MasterCraft without being discouraged from bringing it up. Do you think he might have asked the question over here because, as he stated, he owns a MC.

And remember, historically, without Ski Nautique for Rob Shirley to use as a base, there may have been a MasterCraft.

Oh, and here's a smiley face so I can say what I want.

Sheesh.

Yeah...What he said! LOL. Seriously one of us is bound to run into this guy on the lake some where. Does it really matter if he is in a MC or not? Sure it would be a lot cooler if he was but if you met him at the ramp loading his new Nautique and you asked what made you buy that boat when for close to the same money you could of had a MC...He may reply the MC owners I know(met on their forum) were *****S, then where are ya. Nautique, Malibu, and Supra are all making decent boats for their price point but MasterCraft is the best. Not because they have had the most "Original Ideas" but because they spare no expense in using the highest quality products and processes. Own one once and you know where the extra money went.

At least he didn't ask what kinda I/O or BASS boat was the best.....

Dude! Buy a MasterCraft...You wont be disappointed!

Also boats are named after women, because you are NEVER going to find ONE that does everything you want it too! If you are making the payment buy it for what you want to do, SKI, WAKE,TRICK, FOOT...etc. You can pull a tube behind anything....They look the best behind a SUPRA though. ;)

2RLAKE
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Hey i have a quick question about a Malibu ......

captain planet
05-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Wow, after reading all that I need a beer. I am just suprised to hear that ski antique stopped using wood at all!! :D Are the floors in their boats still lumpy?

captain planet
05-24-2010, 01:49 PM

Yes, they still use hollow stringers (that they pass off as a ventilation system) and leaky hydrophonic dampening boxes! :D

east tx skier
05-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Wow, after reading all that I need a beer. I am just su[r]prised to hear that ski antique stopped using wood at all!! :D Are the floors in their boats still lumpy?

Not any of the ones I've been in (91 and newer).

Yes, they still use hollow stringers (that they pass off as a ventilation system) and leaky hydrophonic dampening boxes! :D

How's your positive pressure tracking system. 8p

captain planet
05-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Not any of the ones I've been in (91 and newer).

How's your positive pressure tracking system. 8p

Works great with the new rudder! ;)

Just having fun eastie.

east tx skier
05-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Works great with the new rudder! ;)

Just having fun eastie.

I know, I know. I'm just trying to hit a few back.

It's like the man said. I haven't found one that did everything just perfect yet. For instance, I still prefer backing to the right.

Double D
05-24-2010, 03:27 PM
How ridiculous. What on earth is the matter with asking that question. I was happy to answer it. I think enough threads have been killed unnecessarily around here by the overzealous. And even if he didn't already own a MC, he is welcome to ask questions over here. This topic isn't even close to a violation of the rules of this site.

If the topic doesn't interest you, move on to the next one. Some of us are on here because we are truly interested in boats regardless of the decals affixed to them. This forum started as a good place to exchange information. You'll just have to take my word for it. This was some time ago. Let's try to at least maintain what's left of that aspect of it rather than sending those away who are hungry for information, responding to posts by directing people to the search engine, or being so loyal to a boat brand that you become oblivious to more important things.

And remember, historically, without Ski Nautique for Rob Shirley to use as a base, there may have been a MasterCraft.

Oh, and here's a smiley face so I don't have to feel bad about anything.

Sheesh.

Well said east tx skier, no matter how many times you rewrote it.

bobx1
05-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I think this boat has wood stringers and has held its' value pretty well:

http://mbbw.com/in_water.jpg

Mr_Woodcock
05-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks to a Ski Nautique I got a tow back to the ramp after engine problems....=)

06197ttlq9-footer
05-24-2010, 05:43 PM

What do you want to know about Malibu.....They do an excellent job of faking it! They get nearly the same initial retail value on initial new purchase(Protecting their factory and dealers) as MC or Nautique with a far inferior product. ( This I find VERY admirable being a Marketing guy).I barefooted this week end off of a 2007 Malibu Barefoot lx. Everywhere you look it was very obvious cheaper product was used in the construction. Why was I skiing it, It belongs to a friend who said it was stalling and running rough. Which we found to be true, we also found that when we picked it up it wouldn't even start. It was EMPTY! Yep no gas! Filled it up and guess what? It still ran like $hit, it cleared up after about a half of a tank. And yes the gauge works but only if you look at it.....

pmgia
09-07-2010, 01:00 AM
If he has a prop and hull, he's a fellow boater in my book! Brand does't matter, same with motorcycles.

That being said, I am looking to let our current boat, a Ski Nautique go by by so I can make room for a Mastercraft. Why, because the local dealer that I want to support sells Mastercraft, besides they are very nice boats.

MY QUESTION - What year did Mastercraft leave the wood behind and go all glass?

thatsmrmastercraft
09-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Welcome to Team Talk. 1983 was the first year with glass stringers.

Ski-me
09-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I must say each time Eastie does a response to a thread, it definitely contributes to the subject (and this is no exception). I only wish I was around back when the board was "different."

As a matter of fact, I was torn between purchasing a SN or MC. (I loved SN's mission statement.....look it up if you're interested). What sold me on the MC was open bow and great ski wake. If SN had a comparable boat for my price range, I definitely would have looked at it.

So, while we are on the subject.....I ended up meeting a real nice guy on a Ski Brendella yeasterday. His boat was really in excellent shape for the year (1991) and we had a discussion on newer boats and older boats. He was having some problems with his 351 engine cutting out around 4400 rpms. Once he stopped, let it rest for a minute and re-started, he was able to get full throttle again. His kids wanted a wakeboarding boat but he just didn't want to spend so much money on a new one.

I told him, just because they were newer boats doesn't mean they are more reliable. Case in point, the 2004 MC 190 sitting on the lake wouldn't start. I talked with him and he said the LQ9 always does this and no one can figure it out. He said it usually starts if you just wait a bit. I offered a ski to him if he couldn't get it started but, eventually it started. Funny, he actually gave me a ride! Great time.

Bottom line, I really enjoy hearing about other boats....regardless of the brand name. We all have the same passion and that's a good thing!

DooSPX
09-07-2010, 12:29 PM
I agree with Ski-me and ETS....

flipper
09-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Cracks me up...people act like MC is perfect. Yup, they haven't vinyl problems, fuel pump problems, trailer problems, dealer problems, cash reward problems, 1198 was a great year, PP issues, ballast pump issues, more fuel pumps dead, nope...none of that crap.

Well said Ski-you or me or what ever. :D

strickland03
09-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I had a 1998 Air Nauitique and a 2004 Air Nautique, and I have been a Nautique fan for years...Until the last few years. They just have made no improvements (or at least it looks that way) ANd with the family split up I think I have become a MC fan now. There is NOTHING wrong with either boat, they both make a great boat. IMO they are the top two boats to own, but I am sure some of you would like to throw a few other manufactures in, but not me.