PDA

View Full Version : Transmission on 01 x-9

BNIROOSTER
05-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Anyone ever have a tranny slip? Mine seems fine when cold and initial off loading. When I try to go full throttle, it just sounds like it is slipping and I can smell the clutches or fluid burning. I did notice that the linkage cable was loose, but I'm not sure what the correct adjustment should be. I talked to the dealer and they said that it could just be a linkage adjustment or the tranny may need replacement....for the bargain price of 3k for the tranny and then the labor also. Anyone ever try to replace one on their own?

russlars
05-21-2010, 08:00 PM
If you haven't already done so, check the fluid level. Best to check it in the water, or at least make sure that it is level and don't screw the dipstick in to verify the level of fluid. Mine slipped on acceleration after I had changed the transmission fluid and it was only slightly low. After adding the proper amount of fluid, the slipping went away.

BNIROOSTER
05-21-2010, 08:11 PM
I checked the level initially upon the first slip, then added too much, and still slipped and smoked due to overfill. I have since pumped all old fluid out and replaced it with new....have yet to try it out.