PDA

View Full Version : Vibration??? Help

DBrown2
05-20-2010, 09:07 PM
So first time out in the new to me Maristar 210... all is well... on the way in... hit something and the boat starts vibrating..

So I creeep the rest of the way in... Pull boat out and fill on the prop a slight ripple or wave, on one blade... Basically you have to look for it...

Its a 4 Blade Prop.

Is this enough to cause the boat to shake slightly??? or did I bend the shaft??

Jim@BAWS
05-20-2010, 10:08 PM
So first time out in the new to me Maristar 210... all is well... on the way in... hit something and the boat starts vibrating..

So I creeep the rest of the way in... Pull boat out and fill on the prop a slight ripple or wave, on one blade... Basically you have to look for it...

Its a 4 Blade Prop.

Is this enough to cause the boat to shake slightly??? or did I bend the shaft??

Welcome to the world of inboard ownership

Time to remove the prop and send it out to be refurbed and balanced
Should run you about $160-$190 depending on how bad it is

Better that tearing up a lower unit on a I/O. Highly unlikely you bent a the strut or
drive shaft

Jim@BAWS

east tx skier
05-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Welcome to the world of inboard ownership

Time to remove the prop and send it out to be refurbed and balanced
Should run you about $160-$190 depending on how bad it is

Better that tearing up a lower unit on a I/O. Highly unlikely you bent a the strut or
drive shaft

Jim@BAWS

Last one we had done was worse than this one sounded and it only ran us $100 with shipping both ways. He might get lucky.

rholmes
05-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Yep, it hardly takes much deformation to unbalance the prop. If you can see the ripple, you are definitely gonna feel it. The worse ones to swallow repairing are the ones you can't see, but know were there since it runs smooth as silk once it comes back from the prop shop.

DBrown2
05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Well thanks Jim, but in the old Prostar... never bent one in the 3 years owning... Now 1st time out with the Maristar.. its bent...

I am kinda lucky, Performance Props is just 20 min from me, so as of now my back up prop that was already bent by previous owner is there, and now the one I just pulled off this am, is their.

Hoping he has one going by the end of the day... Cost depends on work..

DBrown2
05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Well as of now... Two fixed and ready to go props... The weekend saved...