PDA

View Full Version : Kneeboarding

scog72
05-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I didn't see a kneeboarding thread, so I thought I would start one. Anyways, this is my first attempt at posting a pic, so don't be too rough on me. I am learning. But was the first day for me to be able to get out on the water here in North Alabama. My wife had never seen a kneeboard before last year and now she is doing 360's and riding pretty well. Yesterday was her first time to try to get up on a wakeboard and she got up pretty easily. It didn't last long and she had her first good wipeout, but she really enjoyed it and was proud of herself for doing it. Here is a pic of her on the kneeboard. Next time I will try to get a pic of her up on the wakeboard and see if anyone has any tips for me to tell her. Well... look forward to posting on here this year and look forward to hearing any good tips from anyone. Thanks! Alright can anyone tell me how to post a pic? :D

oxberger
05-19-2010, 04:03 PM
scog72,

Glad to see someone bringing up kneeboarding. Nowadays it's all about wakesurfing, wakeskating, and wakeboarding. I couldn't get the jpg in your tag to open, but this might help. You'll need to load the photo(s) (the guys here love pictures as I'm sure you're aware) to flivkr or some other photo site, then when you start your message, there's a yellow icon with a mountain scene (that's the add image icon), click that and a box comes up that will ask for a url, enter the url from where you previously load the photo(s). I hope that helps. Can't wait to see all the pics on this thread.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Welcome to Team Talk.

Posting a picture is simple:
1. Once you are in the reply screen click the paper clip icon
2. Click Browse
3. Select picture
4. Click Upload just to the right of the Browse button. Your picture will show up as a "current Attachment"
5. Click Close This Window
Your picture should now be ready. Verify with Preview Post

oxberger
05-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Welcome to Team Talk.

Posting a picture is simple:
1. Once you are in the reply screen click the paper clip icon
2. Click Browse
3. Select picture
4. Click Upload just to the right of the Browse button. Your picture will show up as a "current Attachment"
5. Click Close This Window
Your picture should now be ready. Verify with Preview Post

Excellent! Thank you mrmastercraft! I'm saving those somewhere.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Excellent! Thank you mrmastercraft! I'm saving those somewhere.

Just goes to show there is more than one way to skin a cat.http://bestiarumvocabulum.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/hairless_cat.jpg

scog72
05-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Hopefully this will work. Thanks for all of the help. Looks like there are some helpful people here. Next time I will get it to zoom in. It was taken on an IPhone , so not really that clear. We are going out next Monday, so maybe I can get some better ones then.

scog72
05-19-2010, 07:31 PM
This is me! Don't pay any attention to the pink line. My wife had to have a line to match her wakeboard. :) I guess ill have to get a different one. Gonna try a backflip this year. Is this possible on a maristar with no fat sac's?

thatsmrmastercraft
05-19-2010, 11:38 PM
There is more help available on this site than you can imagine. I really like the pic of you that incorporated the Mastercraft logo on the back seat.

scog72
05-20-2010, 03:31 AM
I know it was a pretty bad pic. But I thought it would be good to at least get the mastercraft in on the pic.

Drodey
05-26-2010, 11:24 PM
43 and still trying to stay young. Not much wake behind the prostar though.

Drodey
05-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Only been 10 years since I have been out on the knee board. Man the body just doesn't bend like it used too!

airbornjim
06-02-2010, 02:10 PM
This is me! Don't pay any attention to the pink line. My wife had to have a line to match her wakeboard. :) I guess ill have to get a different one. Gonna try a backflip this year. Is this possible on a maristar with no fat sac's?

It is absolutely possible! I learned to do a back roll behind a flat bottom with almost no wake & an engine mounted tow. It takes an extremely hard cut, a good pop, and a desire to land the trick. I learned the back roll at age 15 and am now 40 and just landed one saturday. It takes a lot more effort now & the landings hurt alot more. If you want to land the trick, it is not that hard.

Definately shorten that rope!! Start around 50' then adjust to that sweet spot in your wake.

if you think kneeboarding is fun, you gotta try a hydrofoil, more air without the hard landings!

ShamrockIV
06-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Drylandfish is the bomb on a kneeboard!! better watch those flips! he broke his ankle that way lol. i am sure he will be along soon to tell all about it

scog72
06-04-2010, 03:55 AM
Thanks Shamrock! I will be keeping yall posted with the attempts at the backflip. Im sure there will be some pain, but maybe I can keep from breaking anything... at least on the kneeboard. Thanks! Maybe we can get drylandfish to post some of his pics or advice.