PDA

View Full Version : Xstar needs more boarders - NW Indiana

mveen
05-19-2010, 08:32 AM
We boat on Cedar Lake in NW Indiana. My son just got a job which requires some weekend work and my daughter doesn't really care for boating.

I'm looking for Wakeboarders, and/or spotters. I can go during the week after 4pm or the weekends from 6am-11 or 12 (it gets too busy after noon so it's not worth staying). You just need to bring some gas money if your boarding.

Jerseydave
05-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Did you try posting this on wakeworld in the find a pull section? Lots of riders on there.

TOO-TALL
05-19-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm about 40 minutes from you in Kankakee,IL
I get alot of my parts from pinecrest marina on Cedar lake.
Been to Cedar lake once....lots of traffic.

I'm in the same boat as you(no pun intended) I'm always looking for riders.
Shoot me a pm.

Big Dogg
05-20-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm about 40 minutes from you in Kankakee,IL
I get alot of my parts from pinecrest marina on Cedar lake.
Been to Cedar lake once....lots of traffic.

I'm in the same boat as you(no pun intended) I'm always looking for riders.
Shoot me a pm.

When are you coming down to Lake Shelbyville. Let me know and we should get together and ride.

mveen
05-20-2010, 07:56 AM
I agree about the traffic on Cedar Lake but you just have to know what times to go there. Which is why I like to get there at least by 8am when I'm the 1st or 2nd boat on the water. I'd go earlier if I could but it's hard to get the rest of the family moving before then. We can usually board until 11am-12 after that it's just not worth it anymore. I'm only 5 minutes from the lake so it's just convenient. During the week it's usually good to with only light traffic.

I've never been to Lake Shelbyville but I've heard good things about it from friends. I probably couldn't make it until late July. I'll let you know when I can make it down there.

Mark

mveen
05-20-2010, 07:59 AM
I'll give wakeworld a try.

Thanks,

Mark

TOO-TALL
05-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Mark,
Let me know the next time you need a third.I'll see what i can do.
Or if you want to ride come on over here and we can ride the Kankakee river its only 15 minutes from my house.The weekdays after work are glass,saturday is ok till about 3 pm.Sunday is a madhouse

Big Dogg,

I've been thinking about shelbyville.Maybe in the first part of June i can make a day trip.
The last few weekends I've been going to Lake Clinton..The warm water(92 degrees) is really nice.And surprisingly little traffic.I'll let ya know.

Later T-T

mveen
05-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Actually, we could probably use a 3rd this weekend water was 62 on Thursday so it's warming up a bit. It should be over 65 by Saturday.

Also, I have all next week off so I can go anytime you want to next week. I'd like to try the Kankakee, should be a nice change from Cedar Lake.

Just let me know when you want to go,

Mark
mveen@sbcglobal.net