PDA

View Full Version : newb questions re: overall length 1984-85

strad
05-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Let me just start by saying that this is not a pressing question at the moment. It'll be about 5-7 years before I'm in a position to do anything about my passion to someday own a Stars and Stripes 1984 or 1985 model. However, in the meantime I'd like to fill in some information regarding dimensions so I can plan for indoor storage. I know the boat is 19 feet long (is that correct btw?) but does that include the swim platform? Also, what is overall length of trailer/boat, assuming I get a folding tongue modification? The garage I currently have is 19'4" so correct overall measurements are critical lol.

I know an original catalog would have all these specs, but I have not been able to find concrete numbers in my online search. Help?

Cloaked
05-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Let me just start by saying that this is not a pressing question at the moment. It'll be about 5-7 years before I'm in a position to do anything about my passion to someday own a Stars and Stripes 1984 or 1985 model. However, in the meantime I'd like to fill in some information regarding dimensions so I can plan for indoor storage. I know the boat is 19 feet long (is that correct btw?) but does that include the swim platform? Also, what is overall length of trailer/boat, assuming I get a folding tongue modification? The garage I currently have is 19'4" so correct overall measurements are critical lol.

I know an original catalog would have all these specs, but I have not been able to find concrete numbers in my online search. Help?Takes 24' tip to tail , all inclusive. I'd go no less than an 8' wide door (and bay) but I have 10' wide for ease of backing in with mirrors.

A standard 8' tall door is fine because I know you'd never trash out a classic old school slalom boat with a tower.

I do not know the point of which a tongue folds back so I can't assist there.

The boat is 19', not inclusive of the platform.

TX.X-30 fan
05-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Put a tower on the boat quick.

strad
05-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Takes 24' tip to tail , all inclusive. I'd go no less than an 8' wide door (and bay) but I have 10' wide for ease of backing in with mirrors.

A standard 8' tall door is fine because I know you'd never trash out a classic old school slalom boat with a tower.

I do not know the point of which a tongue folds back so I can't assist there.

The boat is 19', not inclusive of the platform.

Yeah I have no intention of either buying one with a tower already installed or installing one myself. The most I might do is get a taller tow rope attachment point. I'd be getting it to go out and have fun with my kids (oldest is two now) so it's going to be awhile before they're old enough to try skiing. Gotta learn to swim first lol! And I've got a hell of a lot to learn about basically everything except engine maintenance before I think about investing in an old boat. It's not going to fit in my garage though. That's a bummer.