PDA

View Full Version : 2010 X-2 with hull repair

GmotoQ
05-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Last week I picked up my new 10 X-2. After delivery I noticed that there was damage to the hull on the transom right above the rudder and up the transom. It was about an area 6 x 12 They repaired it but sanded the gel coat and you can see where the repair was made.
Any suggestions as to the approach with the dealer and how they should repair it the right way?

vision
05-17-2010, 09:57 PM
New 2010 boat should look like a new 2010 boat. While some imperfections in a finish coat are accepted, they should be minor and hard to find. It sounds like this is clearly way beyond an acceptable imperfection, even post repair.

Either repair it to the point that you can not tell, and you are satisfied, or they get you a new boat or offer financial compensation.

I would simply discuss with your dealer that the boat was not repaired to your satisfaction and if it is a good dealer, they will make it right. I am guessing they repaired it in house and they do not have a good fiberglass person. A good fiberglas person should be able to fix it to the point that you can not tell there was any damage.

bturner2
05-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Poor repair on a new boat of that price? Talk to your dealer, I'm sure they'll want to keep you happy and fit it correctly.

Eagle Lake Rebel
05-17-2010, 10:39 PM
When my X30 was new I found a factory repair around the rudder that was not so sporty. My dealer called MC. Took my boat to our excellent local glass man and MC covered the bill no questions asked. A good glass repair shop can make repairs better than the factory can. MC stands behind their product.

Thrall
05-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Jeez, I repaired the gel on my 190 and I was the only one who could see the repair. Even those who were present when the boat got scratched couldn't see it.
Just go tell them to fix it and if they're decent they'll be embarrased and fix it up good as new.

sand2snow22
05-17-2010, 11:54 PM
I currently have a 2007 X2 that has the same problem, same place I believe, would need to see a pic. I've looked at a 2008 X2 and it has it, too. My guess is it's a problem from the factory, maybe from the mold(s)? Your dealer's glass guy should be able to make it look 100%. If not the guy at my dealer can do it:)