PDA

View Full Version : drunken bear

H20skeefreek
08-20-2004, 08:30 AM
thought you guys would think this was funny.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/08/18/bear.beer.reut/index.html

bradamerry
08-20-2004, 09:20 AM
not the first drunk that ended up behind bars. :friday:

ShawnE
08-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Call me stupid...I'm going up to da UP Friday to videotape a bear bait stand for a buddy of mine. He's going bow hunting in a coupla weeks.

He has one of those game tracker cameras with a motion sensor and has pics of MANY LARGE BEARS at the bait, he thought it would be cool if we could get some quality video of the MANY LARGE BEARS that may show up. We will be in a blind about 180-200 ft away, just up a ridge.

I'll post some pics and possibly some video clip if I survive.

wish me luck!

ski_king
08-26-2004, 08:41 PM
I took this picture 2 evenings ago in my yard. My daughter first saw it when she heard what she thought was a neighbors dog in the woods behind our garbage can. Imagine her suprisewhen she walked ito the woods and she was only 15 feet from it. It wasnt in a hurry to leave and I took a few pictures, but this is the only one to turn out half decent.

MarkP
08-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Shawn, looking forward to it..

Powerslot Nnnnnice shot:toast: !!

ski_king
08-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Mark,

Last I saw of that bear, he was heading for Cranberry.

MarkP
08-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Powerslot,:uglyhamme He is welcome. I’ll bet your kid WAS surprised :eek: !!

milkmania
01-02-2005, 02:37 PM
a friend sent me this from his nature motion cam

http://home.alltel.net/bhammon/black.jpg

MarkP
01-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Nice shot Milkmania,

Looks like a big one.

lakes Rick
01-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Black bears are kinda sissy bears.. Manly men would have some close ups of Grizzlies or Polar bears......

MarkP
01-02-2005, 11:32 PM
ok rick,

lets see them8p

atlfootr
01-03-2005, 12:14 PM
The CNN link wasn't available any longer, but did find same .. MSNBC

Bear downs 36 beers, :toast: passes out at campground Rainier, not Busch,
the beverage of choice for thirsty black bear.

The Associated Press
Updated: 7:26 a.m. ET Aug. 19, 2004

BAKER LAKE, Wash. - When state Fish and Wildlife agents recently found a black bear passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort, there were some clues scattered nearby — dozens of empty cans of Rainier Beer.

The bear bear apparently got into campers’ coolers and used his claws and teeth to puncture the cans. And not just any cans.

“He drank the Rainier and wouldn’t drink the Busch beer,” said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.

Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest. The beast then consumed about 36 cans of Rainier.

A wildlife agent tried to chase the bear from the campground but the animal just climbed a tree to sleep it off for another four hours. Agents finally herded the bear away, but it returned the next morning.

Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: doughnuts, honey and, in this case, two open cans of Rainier.

That did the trick.

“This is a new one on me,” Heinck said. “I’ve known them to get into cans, but nothing like this. And it definitely had a preference.”

© 2004 The Associated Press.

:toast: