PDA

View Full Version : X1 or X2?

Chunk12
05-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Hey,
i have a 06 X1 and am looking into getting either the 2010 x1 or x2. Cant deicide which one is a all around better wakeboard boat. What do you guys think?

wakedoc
05-17-2010, 04:56 AM
From a wakeboard point of view,I prefer the X1 any day of the week (which is why I own one). For me the X2 didn't have the shape or hardness I like, and took a lot to build size.
From a boat functionality POV, the X2 is fantastic (amazing room for the size etc).
But comparing wakes (apologies to X2 owners), I just don't like the X2 at all.
I guess the next question is ...... if you are looking to change, why sell the 06 for a newer version (this would be perfectly understandable if you were keen on the x2)?

bturner2
05-17-2010, 06:42 AM
I've owned both boats. Pretty much agree with wakedoc. There is no comparison between the room and comfort of the X2 over the X1. From an overall wake comparison the X1 pretty much does it all.

I'm not a team rider so the wake for boarding suites my needs fine with the X2. I've found the surf wake to be better on the X2 using the standard ballast and one fat sac in the locker. Slalom wake on the X1 was way better than the X2.

My wife and kids are really happy with the X2 which makes getting them out much easier. All said both are fine boats but I'd personally take the X2 over the X1.

Smoothie
05-17-2010, 10:42 AM
If your spending the cash how close does a loaded X2 and X25 compare??? Might be too much just a thought.

bcboy
05-17-2010, 10:53 AM
The same situation I had to struggle with last year....although it was not a easy decision because I loved my 06 X1 (mcx) so much I needed a little more room and did not want to sacrifce the handling and ride with the X1...the X2 is a beautiful boat and it had everything I wanted but foundt he handling of the boat a little less responsive...I had a chance to drive a new X star with the 400 hp LY6 and was very surprised at the performance...at that point the debate was over...Love the new X star.
Now this probably does not help you and your decision however make sure you test drive all the boats you are interested in and you may find the decision makes itself!!! Good Luck.

swatguy
05-17-2010, 10:54 AM
I agree with all the above statements. IF you are looking for a boat purely with the best possible wakeboard wake (ie shape and size) the X1 beats an X2 any day of the week.

However if you are looking for a more family oriented boat to "entertain" people the X2 has so much more room. The X2 surfs better and also handles people better. The wakeboard wake still very very very respectable, but it just has a much different shape and feel. The X1's transitions are a bit longer and a bit more smooth. The X2 are a bit shorter so the trick setup is shortened as are the landing zones. Also the transition is a bit more of a bucking/abrupt type so they give you a little more bucky snappy feeling whereas the X1's are very very smooth and crisp. The X1 also tracks a bit better while pulling a boarder.

I own an older version X1 I have a backroll, tantrum, scarecrow, toeside front, all the 180's and working on a consistent 360. The X2 wake is plenty satisfactory for me. However there is definitely a difference. IF I were boosting pro style moves like crow mobes, Petes's and Elephants I would def want the X1 wake. However, I am an intermediate rider with 2 little girls so my next boat(as of right now) will be an X2 to give us a bit more room to entertain their friends a bit more comfortably.

I have to go X2 due to a size restriction on my lake. However if I were to pick an upgrade from my X1 without a restriction I would go X15 all the way. The wakes and boat are a hidden gem as the X Star gets all the attention. However the 15 keeps up for sure and surfs 10times better than any X Star if you ask me

ORX-1
05-17-2010, 11:47 AM
I went from an 06 X-1 to an 08 X2. I loved the X-1 also, great wake a lot shorter ramp and really has a nice lip. The X-2 took me a while to get use too, its a lot longer ramp and you have to teach yourself to wait before you throw your tricks. With that said I am in my second season with the X2 and love it. The overall room in the boat makes it so nice, you're not all over each other, and with the extra room we put a lot of bags on the floor and still have room to walk around. With either boat you can't go wrong, but the price of a nice loaded up X-1 may not be that much less than an X-2 (I think) check it out.

bobx1
05-17-2010, 11:49 AM
I looked at both but since I do not need the extra space (we have a camp/pier), the X1 was my choice. If it were between the two, you should only consider the X2 if you have a need for more space - that is it. As others have said, the ski and board wake on the X1 cannot be beat.

Personally, I would not trade an X1 for an X2 since the X25 was introduced. I am saving my $$ and when it is time, it will likely go toward the X25.

Archimedes
05-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Another 'what he said' response. I considered both and got the X-1. IMO, the X-2 was a better looking boat and much roomier, but the X-1 was a better performer and easier for me to live with. Can't go wrong with either one. More an issue of whether you want the extra room and you're willing to put up with slightly less performance to get it.

I wasn't overwhelmed with the initial quality of my X-1, but the performance of the boat continues to impress me. And I've got the 'wimpy' RTP motor.

conway400
05-17-2010, 04:03 PM
I had an '06 X-1 and went to an '08 X-2. My family loved both boats, but they really love the X-2. Much, much more room. Much, much smoother ride across the lake. I wouldn't even try to take a long cruise in the X-1 if the water wasn't smooth.

Get the center bow cushion for the front, and this thing is great.

I do agree, the wakeboard wake and the ski wake (flatter) were better on the X-1. Surf wake better on X-2. But not enough to matter to us non-pro folks all. This didn't out weight all the pros for the X-2 for us.

If you are hardcore about the wake (top priority) just ride behind both. I didn't follow the comment on handling, my handles great.

Both are awesome boats.

bturner2
05-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Actually my 07 X2 handles much better than my 03 X2 did. The 03 had a very heavy feel to it and only wanted to turn well in one direction. You can steer my 07 with one finger at full speed although the wind does have a tendency of pushing it around a bit more.

swatguy
05-17-2010, 04:49 PM
The handling I refered to was fully loaded with a boarder in pull. I wasn't saying it handled like "crap" just that compared to the X1 it was not 1st. The X2 doesn't track as well....it experiences a little walk and can be pulled around a bit by a bigger rider.....I not talking actually of course or anything like that but you have to make a few more steering corrections on the X2 with an advanced rider in tow edging hard. A lot is because of the lack of tracking fins.

Also I have driven an X2 in a slalom course at least a dozen times. Takes much more of a smooth hand than the X1 does for sure. Again especially with short liners who know what's up.

These are just me experiences after spending a ton of time in both. As previously stated though........those two things aren't deal breakers for me and it's still leaves the boat in my want range when it comes time for an upgrade unless I can finagle the X15 in under the 21ft restriction. ;)

Chunk12
05-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Thanks guys for all of the info. Went with the X2, being the family liked it and as did I. I went and saw it today for the first time and i do like the extra room along with the screen display on the dash. Im hoping the wake doesnt take to long to get used to from the X1. thanks alot for the info!

Smoothie
05-18-2010, 10:18 AM
How come the X2 does not have tracking fins?

brettmess24
05-18-2010, 08:49 PM
I dont see how either one would have been a bad choice!:D

For me it came down to price either a used w/200 hours 07 X2 or a brand new loaded 07 X1 for less than the used boat. I agree that the extra space would be about the only benefit of the X2 and the pickle fork looks prettty damn cool.

Congrats on the new boat!:woohoo::friday: