PDA

View Full Version : Low V Drive Oil above 1200 RPM

JR1
05-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Purchased a Maristar 200 to teach the kids how to ski(re-live my childhood) last month and took it out for the third time. Upon returning from a great 4 hour day on the water a dash warning light started flickering/solid/flickering/solid when at 5mph.
:mad: Low V Drive Oil above 1200 rpm
I Could not find info on this dash warning light in the forum. One said the warning light is faulty. I hope this is the case.
Any experience with this?

'96 Maristar 200

ahhudgins
05-17-2010, 09:44 AM
I have a 95 200VRS and mine does the same thing. The day I test drove it, I asked the dealer about it. He told me that it's just the nature of the design. I was a little skeptical of his answer so I called my local MC rep when I got back to my home state. My dealer told me that the light will flicker below 1200 rpms, itís the way it was designed. Any time that mine is in gear and Iím idling out of the cove, my light is flickering. Mine actually stays off above 900 rpms. I did post a message about this a few years ago and someone said that their boat is the same. I changed my V-drive any way because it was like pea soup!!!

If you have a minute, please read a post concerning my boat. Let me know if you have a porpoising issue with your 200VRS when you have a lot people in the boat.
http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=35322

Thanks, and congratulations on the new boat!

ahhudgins
05-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Typ-o: I changed my V-Drive OIL, not my V-Drive. Wanted to clear that up.