PDA

View Full Version : A few upgrades,seats, LED, Speakers, Amps, etc...

Gofast
05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Well I'm ready to get the season started, Motorcycle trip this week, then it's lake time.

Started with the boat show...Decided to keep our boat since it was paid off.

First project was the interior. The old seats were just not cutting it anymore. 15 years of good service though.

Gofast
05-16-2010, 08:55 PM
The old system was nice. Alpine deck with IPOD interface. Infinity amp running the 12" sub, another Infinity amp running the 6 1/2 boat sppeakers, And Infinity amp with MR Microphone running the Infinity Tower speakers. First two pics are the old system. All batteries are now in the back, new sub box under the console now too.

The new system has Pro 485's on the tower. Infinity 6X9 added to the upper area at the back, WS sync4 to run the tower speakers, Another infinity amp to run the extra 12" sub. WS EQ with the microphone ( great for teaching the kids to board ) Plus another battery to run the sterio side of things. Bottom 2 are pics of the system being revised.

Gofast
05-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Added a perko switch, and battery conditioner to the boat. I just plug in now when at storage or the slip, batteries are no longer a worry. I upgraded the all to 110 amp last summer, bit feel better knowing they will be fully charged when in storage. Plus the new system is using alot more power now.

Gofast
05-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Added lighted cupholders, led rings to the speakers and LEDs in the opeings and the rear storage area, plus show casing the amps. I have a couple of huge underwater lights under the swim deck too. Come to Broken Bow to them in action.

DBrown2
05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Got pics of lights under swim deck?

Gofast
05-16-2010, 09:22 PM
I'll get pics in the water next weekend after the motorcycle trip.

The Abyss lights were huge. I angled them out so the will disperse sp? over a larger area.

You can see them in this pic, they will blind you if you look directly at them and I suspect the will increase my top speed on the water ( laser assist mode )

I did not have a large area to work with on the Maristar for the under water lights.

brettmess24
05-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Lookin good and have a good trip, ride safe.:D

DBrown2
05-16-2010, 10:21 PM
good deal was wondering which lights you chose too.. s800 0r??

RustyMC
05-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Sweet looking upgrades...I am very jealous.

Gofast
05-25-2010, 10:37 PM
OK the bike trip was great, low sided the Firebolt it may be totaled. Rider unharmed except for pride.

Had the boat at sneaky peats on Lewisville. Very murky lake, so I can't wait to see these lights on BROKEN BOW. The lights are Abyss 1515 I think. $400 plus for each light. Has a seperate relay and a 30 amp fuse with the switch. Very bright lights.

americanskierJim
05-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Your boat looks great. I like the new skins and lighting. I wish I had my old 550 kawaski stand up. I use to do all kinds of tricks on it kool pic.

87MCProstar
05-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Love the Buell 12xbr. I had a red one, thing handled like a dream. had to get rid of it before I killed myself

JulioX2
05-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Nice upgrades. Boat looks great.

Gofast
05-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Thanks guys. Just trying to keep the MC standards up. ( that and cheaper than buying a new boat )

Had a sponsered event at Lewisville this weekend, several stand ups on the lake. I would give them the surf wake to play with and got som great pics. I could not do half of what they were doing with my 550.

Looking for XB parts to rebuild the XB12R. I'm a little A.D.D. Boat, Bike, RX7,Bike, Boat, etc. oh and Sterio......

Thanks Rob

oxberger
05-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Awesome boat. Love all the upgrades, and awesome bikes. I had a CityX the first year they came out. I put over 10,000 miles on it the first year. Had to sell it to help with the down payment for the house. Kept the boat though (I have a heat and water addiction). One of the best handling bikes I've ever ridden.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-26-2010, 01:10 PM
The new skins really bring that boat to life. All the LED lighting brings it all together. The first after dark cruise with all the new goodies should be a blast. :cool:

Don't forget your camera.

Gofast
05-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Well the first evening out went very well. We trailered the boat at 1:15 AM, had no idea it was that late.

The lights really glow in the wake, very addictive. I'll get better pics at Broken Bow, need the anti shake deal set up on the camara.

oxberger
05-26-2010, 05:23 PM
That is just too cool. Great job on the upgrades and stuff. Nice post time BTW.:D

DooSPX
05-28-2010, 09:43 AM
I agree, awsome! great job!! have any pics of the whole boat?

Gofast
05-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Happy Memorial day. Daughter just returned from Afghanistan, Son home soon from Iraq.

Water pic is from 4th of July last year. I'll get some good pics at Broken Bow of the whole boat.

DBrown2
06-02-2010, 09:27 PM
What sealant did you use on the lights for the hole/wire, and screw holes. I am in FL this week, and thinking I should just pu everything I need.. Cause home the closest boat shop is 2-3 hours away

DooSPX
06-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Happy Memorial day. Daughter just returned from Afghanistan, Son home soon from Iraq.

Water pic is from 4th of July last year. I'll get some good pics at Broken Bow of the whole boat.

God bless your son and daughter and your family. Hope he gets home safe.

oh, and very nice looking boat!

ShamrockIV
06-02-2010, 09:50 PM
KICK A$$ upgrades!!! way to revitilize a family favorite!!

Gofast
06-03-2010, 12:19 PM
DBrown2 - I can't remeber the name of the sealent. Boat supply will be able to tell you what works. If I find it I'll post.

DooSPX - Thanks, I'll pass it on to him, he is ready to come home and wakeboard. It was ahrd for him to leave the boat.

ShamrockIV - Thanks, we really love the boat, it's like new, but older..... Not many 15 year old boats still rocking the scene like new.

Thanks Rob

Cousin_Jeff
06-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Awesome job. I just kept saying "that looks good" with every pic I came to on this thread.

joecarew3
06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
God bless the kids! Thank them for their service by towing them around the whole time there back! Take care!

TallRedRider
06-03-2010, 03:15 PM
KICK A$$ upgrades!!! way to revitilize a family favorite!!

Couldn't have said it better! Way to go!

EarmarkMarine
06-03-2010, 04:28 PM
DBrown2,

For an above-the-waterline sealent use 3M marine silicon. For below the waterline use a LifeCaulk poly sealent as it won't harden and shrink over time. Its the same poly sealent we use for thru-hull transducers on 50 foot cruisers (thats alot of displacement and pressure). Some use 3M 5200 but now you have a non-serviceable scenario.

We offer the LifeCaulk sealent along with our ABYSS and MAKO underwater lights.

David
EarmarkMarine.com

carisch
07-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Gofast, I have almost the exact same boat and love yours. I'm thinking about a few mods, looks like you may have already done them on yours. Did you remove the center pylon yourself? I have a ND tower now, and have no need for the pylon. My vinyl is getting bad as well, I'd be interested to hear if you replaced that, where and about how much. Also the carpet.

Thanks

Gofast
07-21-2011, 02:06 PM
I'll post pictures, maybe tonight.

All the vinyl has been replaced. I did it last year when I posted this thread. It was about $4.5K as a turn key deal. I had Mastercraft stitched in on one seat and Gofast put on the rear deck. Changed the colors slightly to wifes preferance.

The pylon was gone, but that is an easy removal and fix. I replaced the floor sections a couple of weeks ago and will post those pics. The aluminumn was soft and creaky. I replaced with birch and covered with Fiberglass Resin. The floor section is about 1 1/4 inch thick so it's not just a thin piece of wood. This lead to all new glue down carpet in the boat. About another $1K as a turn key deal. Also covered redoing the rear seat cushion that flew out on the highway. ( First time it has ever moved while towing, close the pass thru window now to get air over the boat )

Also put new Seadek matting on rear deck and trailer. Another $400 and a couple of hours in the 100 degree heat. Worth it, looks good.

Thanks Rob

carisch
07-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Just bought the Seadek matting. Thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking for a good solution to that for a while.

Gofast
07-21-2011, 07:19 PM
OK, Could only find the pics of the rear deck and trailer. Before and after pics of the rear deck and trailer. Plus the old flooring in the boat.

east tx skier
07-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Those fender seadek pads look great.