PDA

View Full Version : Newbie binding question

Dave R
06-23-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm trying to teach myself to slalom using an O'Brien performer ski with a 775 front binding and rear toe strap. I've got the starts down and was working on my turns when I cut accross the wake and my rear foot slipped out. I did a split stretched my hamstring and hyperextended my knee. So I'm limping around and thinking about putting another 775 front binding on the rear instead of the toe strap. Will this work? Will it help prevent injuries? My wife will freak if I spend big bucks on another toy for the boat, so I'm looking for cheap solutions until I'm a better skier.

Thanks
Dave 04 X30

lakes Rick
06-23-2005, 07:54 PM
My wife will freak if I spend big bucks on another toy for the boat, so I'm looking for cheap solutions until I'm a better skier.

Thanks
Dave 04 X30

Dr. Laura would ask "Who's the Gladiator in your house"?????

jimmer2880
06-24-2005, 06:01 AM
don't put a front binding on the rear. Rather, get a rear boot for the rear. Also - keep an eye on ebay. I suspect you can find a pair out there somewhere.

I have an older set (front & rear on plates) of Kidder boots - size M (I think - I need to double check that size) I'll sell if you're interested. Say - $25.00 + shipping?

east tx skier
06-24-2005, 10:41 AM
I'll second that. Also, and this may hurt, but I wouldn't put a highwrap boot on the back with the 775 on the front. What you want to avoid is falling with one foot in and one foot out. The 775 wouldn't have as much grab as the rear boot and you might injury the other hamstring. If Jimmer's boots aren't the right size, you could try www.ski-it-again.com or ebay for some used boots.

jimmer2880
06-27-2005, 06:36 AM
don't put a front binding on the rear. Rather, get a rear boot for the rear. Also - keep an eye on ebay. I suspect you can find a pair out there somewhere.

I have an older set (front & rear on plates) of Kidder boots - size M (I think - I need to double check that size) I'll sell if you're interested. Say - $25.00 + shipping?

When I went to check what I have mounted where, I came up with this.

Both boots are factory Goode's & are in new condition except for a little paint missing from around the screw holes.

Front is an XL, Rear is a L. Don't ask me why - I bought the ski used a couple years ago. $25.00 for both still sounds good to me though (they've been collecting dust for 4 years).

Dave R
06-29-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks jimmer. After your first post I went looking on Ebay for deals and I have a couple of bids pending .

Dave r