PDA

View Full Version : Will pay for pulls, Central WI

Jeanie
05-16-2010, 06:43 AM
No boat or club so far this season, would like to be able slalom ski 2-3 days per week, possibility to start slalom club, have access to a course as well.....

JohnnyB
05-16-2010, 09:47 AM
What city are you in? I assume by Central Wisconsin, you mean somewhere between Horicon and Wausau......

Jeanie
05-16-2010, 03:59 PM
I am in Wausau........

Jeanie
05-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Where are you from?

JohnnyB
05-16-2010, 07:14 PM
I live in Wrightstown, WI which is between GB and Appleton. You're a little ways away. However, I have a client out in that area that is an avid course skier.....one of the better senior skiers in the state...haven't talked to him in over a year but I'll shoot him an email tomorrow. PM me your email address and contact info and I'll forward it to him.

Finnsdad
05-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey Jeanie... it's Tim. I've been thinking about this after you mentioned it on facebook. I think one would need to have special insurance to use their boat for a ski club due to the increased liability. Maybe the guy with the private ski lake in Mosinee would be interested?

Jeanie
05-16-2010, 10:21 PM
I e-mailed him because he said he had a friend that might last year when I talked to him but he hasn't e-mailed me back. As for the extra insurance....it is easy....you become a USA Water Ski Club and everyone that wants to come pay you to ski has to have a membership and if someone gets hurt it is covered. The other clubs that I was in had the USA requirement, a club fee and a weekly fee....

Jeanie
05-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks Johnny B..... hope he might be interested........ It wouldn't happen to be Mike Y. who has his own lake and runs tournaments up here.....He is a nice guy, pulled me once at the end of the season. I contacted him last year when I was starting to burn out on learning how to show ski. I e-mailed him about a friend in this area that he spoke about last year who he though might be interested. He isn't interested in having a club himself. Has his own lake, course and friends so he is set....Do you know Hans W. III and Will Norris by any chance? These were the guys that had a club at Neosho Pond when I lived in Edgerton.....They ran NSL tournaments a few years ago. This is how I got hooked after learning with Marty Walsh from the Aqaua Jays who had a ski school in Edgerton.

JohnnyB
05-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks Johnny B..... hope he might be interested........ It wouldn't happen to be Mike Y. who has his own lake and runs tournaments up here.....He is a nice guy, pulled me once at the end of the season. I contacted him last year when I was starting to burn out on learning how to show ski. I e-mailed him about a friend in this area that he spoke about last year who he though might be interested. He isn't interested in having a club himself. Has his own lake, course and friends so he is set....Do you know Hans W. III and Will Norris by any chance? These were the guys that had a club at Neosho Pond when I lived in Edgerton.....They ran NSL tournaments a few years ago. This is how I got hooked after learning with Marty Walsh from the Aqaua Jays who had a ski school in Edgerton.

Too far south for me. My nephew Joel skied Neosho Pond off and on with Hans and others.