PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

bwop
05-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Took possession of a brand new 2009 x45ss in June 2009. From day one I was loosing antifreeze from the closed cooling system. Told dealer several times about the problem and they kept saying it was an air pocket in the system. Went all season and ended up added 2 gallons of antifreeze. In the mean while that dealer went bankrupt. Found another dealer 2 hours away. They were not very pleased that I brought my boat to them. They did the job anyways. They found cracked exhaust manifolds,risers and bad gaskets. It took them 16 hours to diagnose and fix the problem. They told me that MC was covering parts and only 8 hours. Therefore I have to pay for the other 8 hours labour. They also had the nerve to say that they did me a favor and that if I had bought the boat from them originaly they might have eaten the extra costs. What do you guys think?

ntidsl
05-14-2010, 08:29 PM
rubbish...send the first dealer the bill...

JohnE
05-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Took possession of a brand new 2009 x45ss in June 2009. From day one I was loosing antifreeze from the closed cooling system. Told dealer several times about the problem and they kept saying it was an air pocket in the system. Went all season and ended up added 2 gallons of antifreeze. In the mean while that dealer went bankrupt. Found another dealer 2 hours away. They were not very pleased that I brought my boat to them. They did the job anyways. They found cracked exhaust manifolds,risers and bad gaskets. It took them 16 hours to diagnose and fix the problem. They told me that MC was covering parts and only 8 hours. Therefore I have to pay for the other 8 hours labour. They also had the nerve to say that they did me a favor and that if I had bought the boat from them originaly they might have eaten the extra costs. What do you guys think?

I think you should tell them to stuff it up their ***. They are required under their franchise agreement with MC to cover everything under warranty and in a timely manner. Ask to speak to the manager or owner. Remind them that MC has territorial restrictions and you did what you were supposed to do by buying from the dealer you did.

disclaimer....above opinion based on the assumption that the op is completely accurate in his description.

JohnE
05-14-2010, 08:31 PM
rubbish...send the first dealer the bill...

Dealer went BR.

ntidsl
05-14-2010, 08:32 PM
sorry reread....send MC the bill...its a brand new boat!!! rubbish!!!

JohnE
05-14-2010, 08:33 PM

Agreed.:).........

ntidsl
05-14-2010, 08:34 PM
how cool is having a closed cool system in the north...sweet!!! good luck with the whole deal...

Jim@BAWS
05-14-2010, 08:46 PM

This is a MOTOR DRIVE train issue. If that dealer cant diagnose that problem under the
guidelines of IMDMAR and MasterCraft, this is there problem, NOT MASTERCRAFTS or yours...this being said I will add this small addition...
THERE ARE 2 sides to the story!!!

Dealers are obligated to service and warranty boats. If you purchased your boat within your territory and the dealer went under. The other dealer should be doing front flips and happily servicing your boat. I know we would. Are you within the current servicing dealers area?

Good luck with your issue

Jim@BAWS

Jim@BAWS
05-14-2010, 08:47 PM

No don't send them the bill. This is a DEALER issue MC picked up its portion.

Jim@BAWs

ntidsl
05-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Jim, I have to take your word for it...you are the man...i do wish the guy my luck...and hope all works out

JohnE
05-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Dealers are obligated to service and warranty boats. If you purchased your boat within your territory and the dealer went under. The other dealer should be doing front flips and happily servicing your boat. I know we would.

Jim@BAWS

That's what I was trying to infer.;)

jvbaca
05-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Nonetheless, MC needs to be made aware of it's dealer not living up to it's end of the warranty issue. If I had this issue, I would not only be at the dealer asking them to honor but making MC aware and making sure they honor as well so all parties are aware and the right thing would be done. Just my $.02 (I know, I know, nobody asked......)

Jim@BAWS
05-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Nonetheless, MC needs to be made aware of it's dealer not living up to it's end of the warranty issue. If I had this issue, I would not only be at the dealer asking them to honor but making MC aware and making sure they honor as well so all parties are aware and the right thing would be done. Just my $.02 (I know, I know, nobody asked......)

Agree totally...good point !!!

Jim@BAWS

CantRepeat
05-15-2010, 08:28 AM
A warranty is a warranty. The parts are under such. It's not my issue as to how long it took you to find the leak! That's BS and the dealership should be ashamed of itself for its actions. I would call MCs support and let them know what the dealer is upto.

Shady operations can only hurt a dealers reputation and I for sure want to know which dealer this was! I'd never buy anything from them and would boycott such a dealership to help other owners. Strength in numbers!

bwop
05-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks for all the support guys. Was suppose to pick up my boat today but I'm going to wait until next week after I call MC and Indmar. In your dealers experiences, how long should it take to verrify and repair a problem in a closed cooling system? Also forgot to mension, they have only worked on 1 other closed cooling it was ly6. I think the lack of experience caused the extra hours of work. Just because he didn't make any profit off of me, on the new boat purchase its not a valid reason to charge me the extra hours.

bwop
05-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Shady operations can only hurt a dealers reputation and I for sure want to know which dealer this was! I'd never buy anything from them and would boycott such a dealership to help other owners. Strength in numbers![/QUOTE]

Next closest dealer is 4 hours away. If this situation does not go my way, I may have to make the trip next time