PDA

View Full Version : Afraid to use the MC

stuartmcnair
05-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Boating not starting off well this year. On the first weekend this year my pontoon boat died. Engine is a complete total, both the powerhead and the lower unit destroyed. Same day my father's pontoon boat shredded the gears in the lower unit. I'm not bothering to fix mine. Just going to sell the boat sans engine. Spending eight grand on a new engine for pop's boat.

Now I'm scared to put mine in the water.

Mr_Woodcock
05-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Im sure it will be ok... you cant keep that MC out of the water forever.... put her back where she belongs and ENJOY it!

captain planet
05-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Boating not starting off well this year. On the first weekend this year my pontoon boat died. Engine is a complete total, both the powerhead and the lower unit destroyed. Same day my father's pontoon boat shredded the gears in the lower unit. I'm not bothering to fix mine. Just going to sell the boat sans engine. Spending eight grand on a new engine for pop's boat.

Now I'm scared to put mine in the water.

Don't worry about it. A pontoon boat is nothing more than a floating soda can, heck a pontoon boat can hardly be considered boating anyway! Put the MC in and enjoy.

Thrall
05-14-2010, 10:28 PM
I'd be scared to run your MC now. Bet it feels slighted that you gave the pontoon preference!8p

Maristar210
05-15-2010, 01:07 AM
I agree. When Shall I pick up the MC?8p

76S&S
05-17-2010, 09:54 AM
^ I think I'm closest to Stuart, I'll go pick it up. That way I'll have a slalom boat and a wake boat.

stuartmcnair
05-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Couldn't bring myself to get it wet this weekend. I did begin the conversion of the slip where the pontoon stayed to work better with the MC. I always parked it along the front of the dock but I will put it in the closest slip to the house now. I have lots of vinyl rub rails and fenders to install in that slip before I do that though. This weekend I wrapped the interior of the slip in 2x12's to make sure the boat couldn't get up under the dock or walkways that had 2x8's around the edges. I wanted t to buy a lift this year but found I do not have deep enough slips for a hydro hoist. Not sure what I will do about a lift now. Probably just keep pulling the boat out on the trailer and parking it by the ramp.

oxberger
05-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Since my boat isn't lake worthy yet, I'd be glad to take care of yours until such a time that your jitters go away.