PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Maristar 210VRS Value?

jz9692
05-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone, I have a 2005 Maristar 210VRS with less than 40hrs on it. It comes equipped with the upgraded MCX 350 hp engine, reverse gel coat option, Perfect Pass, bimini top, teak and fiberglass platforms, hot & cold shower, AM/FM CD stereo, cover, and spare tire. I am curious if you guys think I am out of line on a selling price of $35,500? It is in mint condition and comes with both swim platforms and a single axle trailer. Let me know what you guys think.

Thrall
05-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Even though it's basically a "new" boat (40hrs), I don't think that will up it's value over any comparable boats that have up to a couple hundred hours on them, comparable meaning meticulously maintained and cleaned.
Seems like the "loaded" boats, tandem trailer, tower, ballast, etc are being advertised for about $35k, most with 100-200hrs.
I'd say LOW 30s to the "right person". Most people want the tower and all the asociated wakeboard goodies if they're buying a 21' inboard, or they want a slalom boat.
That said, it's a sweet looking boat, but I'm partial to black boats!

mattsn
05-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Let's see, no tower, no ballast, not a real good wake.... Not the most popular color scheme. Excellent condition which reflects the owners care. This boat will only appeal to a limited number of potential buyers, but I could be the "one" at $22 K. :)

Good luck on the sale, when you find the right person, it will be sold.

bturner2
05-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I sold a 03 X2 last year with less 75 hours for $29K. It didn't have the MCX and didn't have ballast but it did have the tower and all the stereo goodies. Ballast seemed to be the biggest drawback to getting it sold.

You have a very nice boat but as mentioned above without a tower, ballast or it being a tournament model it's somewhat missing an identity and will appeal more to the run about crowd than wakeboarders or skiers.

A tower and stereo upgrades will easily cost anybody looking to make it a wakeboard boat close to $4K. If I recall I looked into retrofitting the ballast system into my old boat and it was about $1500 to get installed. If we subtract these upgrades from your asking price I'd say you're right at about $30K.

There is a buyer for ever boat out there and you have a very clean boat. You just need to connect with the right person or lower the price to a point to get someone that is willing to make upgrades to make it right for them. If you haven't already done so get it on Only Inboards and this site as soon as possible. The boat buying season is already in full swing. Best of luck getting her sold or better yet just keep it!

jz9692
05-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I would really like to see somewhere around 33K. It just seems like such a loss for how much a person has to shell out the first time around. I am going to just see what happens for now.

mattsn
05-13-2010, 08:30 PM
I used to work in sales for the local MC dealer. After the X series took off, Maristars equipped like this one were hard to sell. All the other responses were right on. The wakeboarder would prefer to buy a MC with tower and ballast. The slalmon skier will not even consider it. The "runabout" crowd does not recognize MC cost and quality.

Your options are to spend the bucks to add the upgrades, and you will not recover the costs, or to find an old guy like me who loves MC and would start grandkids on waterspouts. I know the feedback you received here is not what you wanted to hear, but is accurate.

Keep me / us posted on how the sale goes.

Thrall
05-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I would really like to see somewhere around 33K. It just seems like such a loss for how much a person has to shell out the first time around. I am going to just see what happens for now.

Yeah, it sucks. 40hrs in 5 seasons is like what..... 2 days a year on the water?
Even in a good market, which it is far from right now, depreciation is significant.
If you don't "have" to sell it, you'll be able to recoup some of your depreciation in enjoyment on the boat for several years to come.
If the market picks back up, you'll have a mint, low hour boat in 5 years that should still fetch close to what it's worth right now.

bturner2
05-14-2010, 10:45 AM
I picked up 007 X2 up for a song last year which is why I sold the 03 x2 for $29K. Just yesterday I saw a repo'd 07 x2 on line at Harrison Marine (which is my neck of the woods) that will probably go for under $20K. It'll need some work but even if you have to drop $5K into it to bring up to spec. that's still only $25K. I've seen a couple other auctions with simular or better deals. This is part of your competition in this market.

Like Thrall says, if you can hang on to it and use it you'll probably get just as mouch for it in a couple years as you would in this market.

Maristar210
05-14-2010, 11:01 AM

Thrall
05-14-2010, 11:34 AM
You guys are killin' this guy now!:D
Archimedes will be along soon to offer him $14,999 for it!
Seriously though, an OEM MC tower, spinny racks, 2-4 tower speakers, ballast, and a hot rod stereo is $10k + in options. That's what you're competing with.

Maristar210
05-14-2010, 12:12 PM

Archimedes
05-14-2010, 02:36 PM
You guys are killin' this guy now!:D
Archimedes will be along soon to offer him $14,999 for it!
Seriously though, an OEM MC tower, spinny racks, 2-4 tower speakers, ballast, and a hot rod stereo is $10k + in options. That's what you're competing with.

:) Sorry I'm late to the beat down.

No, not $15k, but definately not mid $30s. My guess is that this boats sells in the $25-27k range to a family where the wife wants a big I/O and the Dad wants something with Mastercraft on the side.

mattsn
05-14-2010, 02:51 PM
I agree, see previous posts. That is why my cash offer of $22K is not far off.

jz9692
05-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Guy's take it easy. I was just looking for some advice, not a total beat down. I guess I am going to reconsider just keeping it. I certainly am not going to give it away. Thanks for all the input negative or not, it made me now know what I can roughly expect to get if I decide to sell.

jcbatt
05-14-2010, 03:22 PM
I don't think you are that far off - probably high 20's to low 30's is where I think it will sell, but as others have said, it may be a slow mover until you find the right buyer.

jcbatt
05-14-2010, 03:32 PM
IJust yesterday I saw a repo'd 07 x2 on line at Harrison Marine (which is my neck of the woods) that will probably go for under $20K. It'll need some work but even if you have to drop $5K into it to bring up to spec. that's still only $25K. I've seen a couple other auctions with simular or better deals.

Sorry to call you out on this, but what makes you think it will go for under $20K? Where else have you seen similar deals that have actually sold this cheap? This kind of misinformation does nothing but falsely raise buyer's expectations on what they think they can get and hurts the market for real boats.

LaRue
05-14-2010, 07:37 PM
granted regions of the country vary but last fall i purchased a 2000 Maristar 210 314 hours, no tower, no ballast with trailer for 20k. All super clean. After months of looking i felt it was a good to very good find. Only 1/2 hour away which helped. Your 2005 is worth far more than low 20's. Take at look on inboards.com and boat trader and you can compare. if nothing advertise with an aggressive price and see what responses you get.

Datdude
05-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Sorry to call you out on this, but what makes you think it will go for under $20K? Where else have you seen similar deals that have actually sold this cheap? This kind of misinformation does nothing but falsely raise buyer's expectations on what they think they can get and hurts the market for real boats.

I missed a repo'ed 2006 X2 with MCX, tandem trailer and low hours that sold for $26K last year. It was missing the tower and prop, but was clean otherwise. I was 20 minutes late on that boat

As for the original poster's boat, I don't think low 30's is unreasonable if you find the right buyer. I think there would be a buyer someplace in the Minocqua area....Maristars seem common around here with the older folks. Good luck with the sale

Thrall
05-14-2010, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=Datdude;679138]I missed a repo'ed 2006 X2 with MCX, tandem trailer and low hours that sold for $26K last year. It was missing the tower and prop, but was clean otherwise. I was 20 minutes late on that boat
/QUOTE]

You may have lucked out by missing out on it unless you have a line on MC towers.
I spoke with a guy last year who had a 07+ tower on an 06 X2, wondered why he switched it out. It was a repo, no tower. Tower, racks, bimini and a couple speakers I believe set him back the better part of $10k for new parts.
Would be a deal I guess if you could find the guy selling the tower he hocked off his boat before the repo truck showed up!:D

jcbatt
05-14-2010, 11:28 PM
I missed a repo'ed 2006 X2 with MCX, tandem trailer and low hours that sold for $26K last year. It was missing the tower and prop, but was clean otherwise. I was 20 minutes late on that boat

As for the original poster's boat, I don't think low 30's is unreasonable if you find the right buyer. I think there would be a buyer someplace in the Minocqua area....Maristars seem common around here with the older folks. Good luck with the sale

That was a great deal on the 06 X2, but that's far from an under $20K boat - I'd think it's mid-30's by the time you're done adding the tower, etc, and while even that is a great deal, it also involves doing some work (and taking some risks on how the boat was treated before) to get there. I just don't like people passing around ridiculously low prices as if they are the norm, so that's my reason for responding to bturner. A boat is worth whatever someone will pay for it, I guess. :)

Archimedes
05-15-2010, 12:07 AM
I just don't like people passing around ridiculously low prices as if they are the norm, so that's my reason for responding to bturner. A boat is worth whatever someone will pay for it, I guess. :)

But they are the norm in this market. (Maybe not a sub $20k X-2, unless it's totally trashed.) The used boat market is dead, very few boats are selling and those that are seem to be selling low. Sure, there are still people here and there not doing their homework and overpaying, but there are far more people either selling well below asking price or not selling at all. The bid/ask spread on boats seems to be very large these days, which, along with an overall decline in demand, has led to lower sales levels and lower prices. Personally, I don't think the used boat market is coming back for a long time given the short and long term outlook for the economy and the situation with the financial community. Sad Fact is, if you bought a new boat in the last 5 years (as I did), chances are very good it's worth a lot less than you think.

Regarding the OP's boat, no way it sells for $30k+ unless he happens to run across an uninformed buyer. The market value for that boat is much less. NADA average retail value on that boat is $23.9k.

sand2snow22
05-15-2010, 01:05 AM
But they are the norm in this market. (Maybe not a sub $20k X-2, unless it's totally trashed.) The used boat market is dead, very few boats are selling and those that are seem to be selling low. Sure, there are still people here and there not doing their homework and overpaying, but there are far more people either selling well below asking price or not selling at all. The bid/ask spread on boats seems to be very large these days, which, along with an overall decline in demand, has led to lower sales levels and lower prices. Personally, I don't think the used boat market is coming back for a long time given the short and long term outlook for the economy and the situation with the financial community. Sad Fact is, if you bought a new boat in the last 5 years (as I did), chances are very good it's worth a lot less than you think.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Used boat market is a lot stronger than it was last year. I know a guy who was buying as many boats as he could at the auction in Cali, shipping them near the Canadian border and selling them like hot cakes. This year he's smart not to pay retail or over retail for a repo boat at the auction.

Maristar210
05-15-2010, 01:06 AM
I guess the beat down is in the price. Fact is it aint worth 33k. Keep it....

MariStar-Man
05-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I feel that the Maristar you have is one of the FEW Original Maristars of that time period remaining. It is a True Classic, and has the Flowing lines of of an Era That is timeless, and will be the Shape that will be remembered for an eternity...

C36 Created a thread for Maristar Brochures. Take some ideas from there and Sale your Maristar as a Unique, and classic Sport Luxury Touring Boat, that is limited, and a rare find! Some folks really don't want all that "X- Stuff" Click here for Brochures>>>Click<<<< (http://mastercraftboats.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=20953)

Be Creative, You can Do it and prove all the Nay Sayers that Maristar Stands for an Elite group of owners, that will pay more for quality and individuality....

:;)

Maristar210
05-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Coz schmoozes it on a little heavy but these family boat reasons are why I was able to get a mastercraft. Sorry, threadjack over....

coz
05-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Coz schmoozes it on a little heavy but these family boat reasons are why I was able to get a mastercraft. Sorry, threadjack over....

Not sure what this means, I don't own a MariStar :confused: but it still shows you do know what you're talking about :wavey:

Maristar210
05-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Not sure what this means, I don't own a MariStar :confused: but it still shows you don't know what you're talking about :wavey:

You are all class COZ.

coz
05-15-2010, 02:22 PM
You are all class COZ.

If you're going to use little innuendos about me in a thread I haven't even posted you better expect a couple of jabs back http://phylbert.homestead.com/files/SmileyDuling.gif

JohnE
05-15-2010, 02:56 PM
COZ, not again. You run through this place with the same old MO. You seem to be one of the trouble makers on this site. Keep it in line. It's your priviledge to be here. You started the other night and if it continues it won't continue. PM me if there is any misunderstanding.

coz
05-15-2010, 03:26 PM
COZ, not again. You run through this place with the same old MO. You seem to be one of the trouble makers on this site. Keep it in line. It's your priviledge to be here. You started the other night and if it continues it won't continue. PM me if there is any misunderstanding.

Hey John, if you look back I deleted my comment on that other thread the very next morning yet 210 still make a wise comment on it, and then the comment in this thread about me that I wasn't even in on or posted in. So don't be calling me a trouble maker if you approve of his comments, I know you guys are personally friends. I appologize for the other thread John....but not this one.....he took the first swing :mad:

Thrall
05-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey John, if you look back I deleted my comment on that other thread the very next morning yet 210 still make a wise comment on it, and then the comment in this thread about me that I wasn't even in on or posted in. So don't be calling me a trouble maker if you approve of his comments, I know you guys are personally friends. I appologize for the other thread John....but not this one.....he took the first swing :mad:

Hahahaha, a fight on the innerweb! Was it a jab, or an uppercut or a roundhouse?:D

TX.X-30 fan
05-15-2010, 06:14 PM
I feel that the Maristar you have is one of the FEW Original Maristars of that time period remaining. It is a True Classic, and has the Flowing lines of of an Era That is timeless, and will be the Shape that will be remembered for an eternity...C36 Created a thread for Maristar Brochures. Take some ideas from there and Sale your Maristar as a Unique, and classic Sport Luxury Touring Boat, that is limited, and a rare find! Some folks really don't want all that "X- Stuff" Click here for Brochures>>>Click<<<< (http://mastercraftboats.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=20953)

Be Creative, You can Do it and prove all the Nay Sayers that Maristar Stands for an Elite group of owners, that will pay more for quality and individuality....

:;)

Stop that I'm getting wood........................................ :o

blwright
05-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Interested in a trade?

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=3411&cat=7

Age Fighter
05-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Stop that I'm getting wood........................................ :o

That got you WOOD?

I was getting a tad queasy -- :D:D

As for the used boat market, since I have been a buyer and seller in it this year -- I would say this: certain niche boats will sell pretty good. There are NOT many buyers out there now, but with certain models there are not many sellers either. I found this out selling an X-9 and buying an X-14. Slow market, but supply and demand are in balance.

Having said that, boats without a definite niche or following are probably very hard to sell now. This Maristar might be just such a boat. Will probably have to compete with IO's to sell, and there are a ton of clean IO's for sale now.

jz9692
05-15-2010, 10:56 PM
No trades, just looking to sell. Thanks anyways.

Archimedes
05-16-2010, 01:44 AM
I couldn't disagree with you more. Used boat market is a lot stronger than it was last year. I know a guy who was buying as many boats as he could at the auction in Cali, shipping them near the Canadian border and selling them like hot cakes. This year he's smart not to pay retail or over retail for a repo boat at the auction.

Must be selling them in a vortex in the time/space continuum, because that sure isn't the market at large. Manufacturers are going bankrupt, dealer after dealer has gone under, used boat sales have plummeted, and any boat priced above a deal doesn't seem to be selling. One pass through even the classifieds here documents the sorry state of the market. NADA values are accurate or even a bit high and they're depressing.

Seriously, if he was buying them at auction out here, he was probably paying bargain basement prices, which is just another reason why prices are depressed. There are still plenty of repo'd boats out there that have to work their way back into circulation and the banks are willing to dump them cheap.

jz9692
05-22-2010, 08:32 AM
I just thought that I would let everyone know that I sold the boat last night. Ended up getting 33K, which I didn't think that was too bad. Thanks to all who gave positive input.

Footin
05-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Glad you got close to what you wanted.

MariStar-Man
05-22-2010, 11:03 AM
I just thought that I would let everyone know that I sold the boat last night. Ended up getting 33K, which I didn't think that was too bad. Thanks to all who gave positive input.

33K!! That's all... Let the buyer know he got a hell of a deal. What are you getting next? or if your not, do you have anything to sell? :D

jz9692
05-23-2010, 12:04 AM
What do you mean they got a deal? I thought you were one of the guys saying I would be lucky to bring in 30K. As far as what is next, nothing for now. Getting back into camping because of the 2 year old and another on the way.

Maristar210
05-23-2010, 01:01 AM
I like boats

sand2snow22
05-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Must be selling them in a vortex in the time/space continuum, because that sure isn't the market at large. Manufacturers are going bankrupt, dealer after dealer has gone under, used boat sales have plummeted, and any boat priced above a deal doesn't seem to be selling. One pass through even the classifieds here documents the sorry state of the market. NADA values are accurate or even a bit high and they're depressing.

Seriously, if he was buying them at auction out here, he was probably paying bargain basement prices, which is just another reason why prices are depressed. There are still plenty of repo'd boats out there that have to work their way back into circulation and the banks are willing to dump them cheap.

Dealers, manufacturers may have gone under and new boat sales aren't what they used to be. You're right, he was getting them at the auction for good deals last year. But this year there is less supply at the auction and prices are darn near retail! Everyone wants a 'deal', new boats have price increases and they are too expensive, so people have looked to the used market. The Canadian dollar is strong and they are buying as many boats as they can.

MariStar-Man
05-24-2010, 03:28 PM
What do you mean they got a deal? I thought you were one of the guys saying I would be lucky to bring in 30K. As far as what is next, nothing for now. Getting back into camping because of the 2 year old and another on the way.

Dude...Read thru your thread...I was one of the few and only people that was telling you to price it high, and that it's a special boat...! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel that the Maristar you have is one of the FEW Original Maristars of that time period remaining. It is a True Classic, and has the Flowing lines of of an Era That is timeless, and will be the Shape that will be remembered for an eternity...

C36 Created a thread for Maristar Brochures. Take some ideas from there and Sale your Maristar as a Unique, and classic Sport Luxury Touring Boat, that is limited, and a rare find! Some folks really don't want all that "X- Stuff" Click here for Brochures>>>Click<<<<

:

jz9692
05-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Sorry Maristar-Man. I had you mixed up with someone else. My bad!!! Thanks for pointing that out.