PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Ski Boats

Age Fighter
05-10-2010, 09:22 AM
A thread on perfect pass sort of swerved into a discussion of the Mastercraft of Charlotte issue over the weekend.

Well, speak of timing. I just got this email a couple minutes ago. Not sure how I got on the list -- since I live several hours away -- but I found the info interesting and timely. Apparently, MC lives in Charlotte again! Here is the body of the email:

Dear Friends and Family,
I’m writing this to share some of the best news to come my way in a long time. I recognize the enormous responsibility I am taking on, but ever since I can remember I have had the dream of owning my own boat dealership. An opportunity has presented itself to me and so I want to introduce Charlotte Ski Boats, Charlotte’s newest MasterCraft Boat Dealer exclusively offering MasterCraft boats and quality marine service.

My commitment is to make sure that every MasterCraft owner in the greater Charlotte market has an exceptional experience and every service customer is completely satisfied. Helping me accomplish these goals are a few of the same friendly faces that you may remember. Brian Ehlers and Danny Gotschall, both certified MasterCraft technicians, have chosen to be a part of this new and exciting venture.

As you can tell we are excited to have a new dealership and are ready to accommodate any and all of your boating needs. Feel free to check us out at: www.charlotteskiboats.com

My email is Lee@charlotteskiboats.com. Feel free to contact me and share any thoughts as to how I can make your ownership experience more enjoyable. We have the benefit of starting with a clean sheet of paper backed by 38 years of marine experience. For any of your service or parts needs you can also contact Brian at brian@charlotteskiboats.com.

I want to thank everyone for the many years of support as I look forward to carrying on many great traditions and hopefully starting a few of my own!

Sincerely,
Lee Levandowski

JohnE
05-10-2010, 10:09 AM
That is good news. I've known Lee for 4 years now and he is a quality person. I wish him the best of luck. I wonder if he has that black and silver X25 in the showroom yet.

SkiDog
05-10-2010, 10:56 AM
That is good news. I've known Lee for 4 years now and he is a quality person. I wish him the best of luck. I wonder if he has that black and silver X25 in the showroom yet.

Don't know about that, but he's got one FINE looking girlfriend!;)

shepherd
05-10-2010, 11:58 AM
So what happened to MCOC? Mike decide to get out of the business? Did Lee buy him out and change the name? :confused:

TayMC197
05-10-2010, 12:06 PM
So what happened to MCOC? Mike decide to get out of the business? Did Lee buy him out and change the name? :confused:

:ditto: I was wondering the same thing!

east tx skier
05-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Congrats, Lee! Looking forward to great things from Charlotte Ski Boats and all involved!

ski/hunt
05-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Don't know about that, but he's got one FINE looking girlfriend!;)

She is very cool!! Lee ain't bad either:). Good people!

Jesus_Freak
05-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Congrats, Lee! Looking forward to great things from Charlotte Ski Boats and all involved!

Absolutely! I wish Lee and associates the best!

CLTMC
05-10-2010, 02:27 PM

John E. Send me the 20% deposit and I will make sure your X-25 is sitting here waiting for you, I was going over your option list you said 4 tower speakers and surf tabs correct? The owners reunion was definitely different without you and your better half this year. Hope you can make it for the 2011's event.

jdl xstar
05-10-2010, 02:33 PM

Well... whats the story? :popcorn:

92 190 PS
05-10-2010, 02:37 PM
The website mymastercraft.com is down now....Anyone? Buehler? :o

CLTMC
05-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Absolutely! I wish Lee and associates the best!

The Charlotte Ski Boats crew appreciates everyones support! Feel free to contact us if you need anything!

Thank You,
Lee 704-326-6167 Lee@charlotteskiboats.com

captain planet
05-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Well... whats the story? :popcorn:

It isn't difficult to figure out.....:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
05-10-2010, 02:50 PM

www.charlotteskiboats.com (http://www.charlotteskiboats.com/) is up, instead of and is replacing mymastercraft.com now as a result of what has been said in post #1

Age Fighter
05-10-2010, 03:46 PM
It isn't difficult to figure out.....:rolleyes:

This one ain't as simple as some might think. Not that Cap Planet might not know -- he might indeed -- but it's not just a recession casualty (though there's a lot of that going around lately).

captain planet
05-10-2010, 03:55 PM
This one ain't as simple as some might think. Not that Cap Planet might not know -- he might indeed -- but it's not just a recession casualty (though there's a lot of that going around lately).

.....................;)

bxroads
05-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Is Mike still in the boat business, just not MC?

92 190 PS
05-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Understood...Wasn't trying to start any trouble or pile on here. Only commented because Mike was active on this board and gave a lot of advice and help to many.

Wish Lee and the folks well in their new adventure.

92 190 PS
05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
www.charlotteskiboats.com (http://www.charlotteskiboats.com/) is up, instead of and is replacing mymastercraft.com now as a result of what has been said in post #1

Just for clarification...Went back and read what was said in post #1 and nothing was said in post #1 would have answered my question....:)

TMCNo1
05-10-2010, 04:19 PM

Just for clarification...Went back and read what was said in post #1 and nothing was said in post #1 would have answered my question....:)

OK, Lee is telling us he has always wanted to own his own boat dealership, he worked for and with Mike (MYMC) at MasterCraft of Charoltte, so apparently he has taken over the former MC dealership, MasterCraft of Charlotte and it is now Charlotte Ski Boats at another location, according to his website map. The link to the website is in Post #1 and as a result, mymastercraft.com the former website of MCOC is gone now for obvious reasons.

In all fairness, a lot of the previous information about MCOC and the beginning of the transformation to Charlotte Ski Boats is contained in the CSM '10 thread during the couple weeks prior to the event, but there never was a real announcement till this thread was started.

DemolitionMan
05-10-2010, 04:21 PM
This is Lee's company. With the same great service.

aremsing
05-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Congratulations Lee! After the time you showed all of us at CSM I am certain you will do great. Good luck!

CLTMC
05-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Congratulations Lee! After the time you showed all of us at CSM I am certain you will do great. Good luck!

We had a great time with everyone at the party! Very excited for 2011's event.

Charlotte Ski Boats is a brand new adventure, all new websites and phone numbers. Nothing is the same besides some of familiar faces, great service and the best boats on the water.

DBrown2
05-11-2010, 05:26 PM
I was going to do some online shopping, and either I am blocked or something is up... Anyone else tried lately or do they have a new site at Charlotte MC

aremsing
05-11-2010, 05:27 PM
try charlotteskiboats.com

JohnE
05-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I was going to do some online shopping, and either I am blocked or something is up... Anyone else tried lately or do they have a new site at Charlotte MC

I hear there are some great deals at Charlotte Ski Boats right now. You might want to act sooner rather than later.

Honkity Hank
05-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Well this kind of explains why the parts I ordered from mymastercraft.com are MIA and no confirmation on order. Apparently my timing was not to good. Does charlotte ski boats do mail order parts or does anyone have a better suggestion?

JohnE
05-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Well this kind of explains why the parts I ordered from mymastercraft.com are MIA and no confirmation on order. Apparently my timing was not to good. Does charlotte ski boats do mail order parts or does anyone have a better suggestion?

I'm sure they will mail parts. Call or email them.

CLTMC
05-12-2010, 11:16 AM

The parts ordering on the new site is still under construction. I am being told parts ordering should be up and running by the first part of next week. Feel free to email me with any orders or parts questions Lee@charlotteskiboats.com.

CLTMC
05-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I hear there are some great deals at Charlotte Ski Boats right now. You might want to act sooner rather than later.

John E you are correct I have (1-2010 X-14v,1-2010 X-2,1-2010 X-35, 2-2010 X-45's) available at discounted pricing for a short period of time. Shoot me an emial if you would like additional information. Lee@charlotteskiboats.com

MariStar-Man
05-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Congrat's Lee. I don't know you but wish you the best in your new venture. If we need parts, I assume we shoot you over an email or will you have a Telepnone number soon?

Sam in California

Hollywood
05-12-2010, 12:02 PM
In all fairness, a lot of the previous information about MCOC and the beginning of the transformation to Charlotte Ski Boats is contained in the CSM '10 thread during the couple weeks prior to the event, but there never was a real announcement till this thread was started.

BS, I read most of the CSM thread and nothing was explained. Plus, we've only heard one side of the story so far. Was the dealership Mike's to give away, did Lee go behind his back to get it, mutual agreement? Mike's silence does say somethign to me... MasterCraft drama! lol

TMCNo1
05-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Honestly, if MYMC, Lee and MasterCraft thought it was any of our business and wanted us to know the details, they would have already told us.'The new Charlotte MasterCraft dealer is Charlotte Ski Boats, and we need to move on.

TMCNo1
05-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Congrat's Lee. I don't know you but wish you the best in your new venture. If we need parts, I assume we shoot you over an email or will you have a Telepnone number soon?

Sam in California

http://www.charlotteskiboats.com/, 1-704-525-6006 and/or Lee@charlotteskiboats.com

CLTMC
05-12-2010, 12:40 PM

Sam in California

The 704-525-6006 store phone# is being installed today. You can reach me on my cell 704-326-6167 or email Lee@charlotteskiboats.com. Thank You

CLTMC
05-12-2010, 12:47 PM
BS, I read most of the CSM thread and nothing was explained. Plus, we've only heard one side of the story so far. Was the dealership Mike's to give away, did Lee go behind his back to get it, mutual agreement? Mike's silence does say somethign to me... MasterCraft drama! lol

Mike has been flying a lot latley. He will tell his story when he has a chance.

Age Fighter
05-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Honestly, if MYMC, Lee and MasterCraft thought it was any of our business and wanted us to know the details, they would have already told us.'The new Charlotte MasterCraft dealer is Charlotte Ski Boats, and we need to move on.

It may be an issue of WHEN things can be revealed as much as it is WHAT. I don't know details about this issue, but I've been involved in enough business deals around buying, selling, merging, etc to know that there are almost always non disclosure agreements and so on that are not at all sinister -- and the details are not that interesting -- but certain confidentiality is part of many business deals.

At any rate, many of the people who made the other dealership popular will be part of the new venture.

Jesus_Freak
05-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm sure they will mail parts. Call or email them.

Yes, I ordered some parts during the transition and was very pleased with the price and service, as always!

SkiDog
05-12-2010, 06:48 PM

What the heck do you care anyways, they aren't in your territory. When Mike decides he can let us in on HIS business dealings, then I'm sure he will. If not, then so be it. He's sure not obligated to let any of us know what went on with HIS business.

east tx skier
05-12-2010, 08:36 PM

Mike? You mean that fly boy with the good lookin' wife who used to answer the phone over there every once in a while? ;)

cbryan70
05-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Now he can really tell us how he feels about the direction of mastercraft ;). I did not think that Mike was the owner of the dealership anymore, so perhaps he did not have any control of the transaction

east tx skier
05-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I did not think that Mike was the owner of the dealership anymore.

Class, Cbryan has been paying attention. :)

coz
05-12-2010, 09:59 PM

Age Fighter
05-12-2010, 10:05 PM
I'll tell you what....I don't give a darn about some MC dealer on the east coast so I'm not waiting on Mike's reply I'm waiting for people to start posting things of interest for the people not interested who owns the F'n boat shop.

Feel free to post something you are interested in -- and simply avoid that which you are not. Perhaps something riveting like boat wax or which brand of dock bumpers? Maybe a study of oil viscosity. Or how 23 year old wake surfers feel about 70's vintage S&S threads.:cool::cool:

coz
05-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Perhaps something riveting like boat wax or which brand of dock bumpers? Maybe a study of oil viscosity. Or how 23 year old wake surfers feel about 70's vintage S&S threads.:cool::cool:

You may find those things interesting but not me dude 8p

Age Fighter
05-12-2010, 10:43 PM
You may find those things interesting but not me dude 8p

uuuhhhh -- ummm --- errrr -- I think that was my point.

Whoosh! :D

coz
05-12-2010, 10:57 PM
uuuhhhh -- ummm --- errrr -- I think that was my point.

Whoosh! :D

JohnE
05-13-2010, 07:58 AM
I'll tell you what....I don't give a darn about some MC dealer on the east coast so I'm not waiting on Mike's reply I'm waiting for people to start posting things of interest for the people not interested who owns the F'n boat shop.

Seems lile a lot of long time members here care about it. Glad to know you don't. Just get back to posting oversize pics so we can be aggravated about that rather than what comes out of your mouth. 8p Oh, if I put the right smiley I can say anything, right?

If I remember right, when your local dealer didn't call you back within 10 minutes you came on here starting a thread lambasting him. You were glad people 'cared' about that. Truly nobody care about that, but plenty of people here are affected by having a great Charlotte MC dealer.

And your other post was in poor taste even by your standards.

captain planet
05-13-2010, 09:45 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

This is almost as good as Iron Man!

Hollywood
05-13-2010, 10:01 AM
What the heck do you care anyways, they aren't in your territory.

Even if they were in my territory I wouldn't care!

Anywho, it just seemed to me Harold was trying to sweep this under the rug when someobody genuinely asked about it. Ok, we know who the "new" Charlotte dealer is, but nothing has been explained. I'm just not seeing these "obvious" reasons, that is all.

vision
05-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I have always enjoyed Mikes input and used MCOC for parts.

Congrats to Lee and I will certainly continue to use them for parts for our MCs.

And thank you Mike for all your years of service to MC owners and I hope you do well in your next venture. Excuse our curiosity of wanting to know what you are up to, but we feel like "digital friends" having enjoyed your input for so many years.

Hollywood
05-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Well said^^, I wish both of them the best.

jdl xstar
05-13-2010, 11:26 AM
I have always enjoyed Mikes input and used MCOC for parts.

Congrats to Lee and I will certainly continue to use them for parts for our MCs.

And thank you Mike for all your years of service to MC owners and I hope you do well in your next venture. Excuse our curiosity of wanting to know what you are up to, but we feel like "digital friends" having enjoyed your input for so many years.

Well put. No one HAS to know but in the same way when anyone on here updates their situation re job, spouse, house, etc, there is a curiosity and hope the best for them.

I couldn't even pick Mike out of a line up, (unless he really does look like his avatar... :eek:) , but he is one of the handful of people on here who has some serious indepth knowledge of about everything MC so I hope he hangs around here and wish him well.

east tx skier
05-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I couldn't even pick Mike out of a line up ....

He's the one with the long pony tail.

Really.

SkiDog
05-13-2010, 12:28 PM
He's the one with the long pony tail.

Really.

Here's a nice pic of him:D

jdl xstar
05-13-2010, 12:31 PM

Ha ha ha!! thats funny, the one picture to "introduce" him, its of him devouring a chicken wing!

Sodar
05-13-2010, 12:47 PM

Who cares about him! Who is the little lady standing behind him? ;)

D3skier
05-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Who cares about him! Who is the little lady standing behind him? ;)

that would be his wife Meaghan Major

Jesus_Freak
05-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Ha ha ha!! thats funny, the one picture to "introduce" him, its of him devouring a chicken wing!

I should have taken a picture of him skiing 32' off at CSM....probably a better introduction.

Sodar
05-13-2010, 01:52 PM
that would be his wife Meaghan Major

No Kidding? :rolleyes:

You missed my sarcasm.

barefoot
05-13-2010, 02:26 PM
I've been thinking about this too. Mike's been a long time member of this forum and contributed to a lot of great discussions. There is curiosity surrounding this. When a well respected boat dealer goes out of business, it's human nature to wonder about it.

If I were to venture a guess on what happened...and it's just a guess...I would say the bank decreased one of his lines of credit because of the economy.

Hats off to Lee and his new venture! I hope it's hugely successful!

cbryan70
05-13-2010, 02:43 PM
It was NO LONGER Mikes dealership.......I beleive he sold it.

MYMC
05-13-2010, 06:21 PM
All:

This is a thread about the new Charlotte dealer, not some old washed up guy...so lets keep it that way. Lee needs all of your support and encouragement, please make sure he has it.

Lee was telling you all the truth, I am flying/training a lot right now. I have never flown crop dusters before this week, but I have now and love it. I'm still here, lurking so if you need me just ask and it wont be long before I respond.

I am looking into new and different ideas for the future...you never know where I will show up next.

Take good care of Lee.

You all are the best!
Mike

Ps. for the record I sold the company in 2008.

east tx skier
05-13-2010, 06:36 PM
You behave yourself up there, Mike. :) Be well, my friend.

Honkity Hank
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Charlotte MC called me yesterday and I returned the call today. They got my order straightened out, very nice to talk to. Expect delivery next week sometime. They did all they needed to do, no excuses, just making it right.

TX.X-30 fan
05-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Do you plant rice and if so how much??

SkiDog
05-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Do you plant rice and if so how much??

Nice Signature Stewie!;)

east tx skier
05-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Is that like, "I like you as a friend?"

shepherd
05-14-2010, 08:04 AM
I have never flown crop dusters before this week, but I have now and love it.

I hate this guy. :cool:

Just kidding Mike. Stay safe. I'm sure it's a blast. I don't know how yet, but I'm thinking that you flying a crop duster has some great practical joke possibilities at the next CSM. :D

Jim@BAWS
05-14-2010, 08:26 AM
I hate this guy. :cool:
Just kidding Mike. Stay safe. I'm sure it's a blast. I don't know how yet, but I'm thinking that you flying a crop duster has some great practical joke possibilities at the next CSM. :D

C rop dustin
S uper
M ike

And there have it. Ya heard it here first END OF THREAD

Jim@BAWS

Maristar210
05-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Man I love ModX

Boater_C
05-15-2010, 03:31 AM
Ordered parts from them yesterday. They're still setting things up, but still great prices, and service. Thanks!