PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Blower Intake Cover 89 PS 190

joecarew3
05-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Searched all over and cant find a blower cover for an 89 PS 190 Port Side. The little grill on the bow. Anyone have any idea where I might find one, it would be much appreciated!
Have a great one!
Joe

oldairboater
05-09-2010, 10:27 PM
There are people that make things out of a good poly----they might be able to build you another or find someone that does good fiberglass work and get them to make you one following the pattern of the other one. It can be done by someone that nows what they are doing.

defender1009
05-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Good luck, I know a guy on here who knows just about every secret stash of OEM vintage parts in the US, and he couldn't find the same part----even tried to buy Rambo marine's old signage hull just to get that part and they wouldn't sell it!

joecarew3
05-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the bode of confidence. Well I guess at this point I will keep the thread up there, but I think I am going to be looking into making my own. I appreciate the responses! Have a good one!

ksdaoski
05-10-2010, 10:34 AM
makes me appreciate the ones I just painted on my 88!

I would sell you a set, but would have to come with the boat!

Good luck!

helton333
05-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I bent one up bad a couple years back. Took it to a true life blacksmith who fixed it - heated it and worked it all back - I had a feeling in my gut it would be hard to find.

I considered have 2 made at that time that would match, but never followed through - have you considered that? If you make them a similar shape (like the state of TN), you can flip them and use them on either side.

joecarew3
05-10-2010, 04:08 PM
So what do you think about this... going to make my own, the covers that are there now have fins to bring in a little air while you are traveling. If I make new covers and just put either slots or wholes or something of that nature, do you think there would be enough air travel for the motor? If I did this should I run the blower continuous while running around? What are your thoughts?

TMCNo1
05-10-2010, 04:21 PM
So what do you think about this... going to make my own, the covers that are there now have fins to bring in a little air while you are traveling. If I make new covers and just put either slots or wholes or something of that nature, do you think there would be enough air travel for the motor? If I did this should I run the blower continuous while running around? What are your thoughts?

You can always check around with some local streetrodders and they will know of someone in the area with a louver punching machine and you can then duplicate the vents exactly. Otherwise, if you just made plates with slots/hole in them, then yes, I would run the blower all the time. I run ours all the time anyway, because it's too hard to remember to cut it off, so it won't hurt anything.

joecarew3
05-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Appreciate it. I think I am going to make them and run the blower, I really don't even like the looks of the louvered type. Appreciate all the help guys!

rd1900
05-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Look for a NACA duct that would fit the space.