PDA

View Full Version : Inland Northwest Thread- Pend Oreille, Priest, Hayden, Coeur d'Alene, and Spokane

cdawake
05-08-2010, 05:59 AM
I know theres quite a few MC owners and riders in our area, and I thought it would be cool to start a thread to bring together the MC enthusiasts from our area. Its a shot in the dark, but worth a try. I'm over on the west side of Coeur d'Alene, near Rockford bay. Looking forward to hearing from others.

Kell
05-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Great idea cdawake, would be great to see other TT users in the inland northwest. Spokane Valley, and we trailer to Priest Lake, CDA, Hayden, Long Lake, Liberty Lake and Roosevelt.

Shaun315
05-08-2010, 02:06 PM
I've been waiting for this thread also... I'm in Millwood/Spokane Valley, usually on Roosevelt or Waitts, but make a few trips to Priest/CDA during the summer.

madmuffin
05-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Thanks for this thread cdawake. Liberty Lake, and boat mostly on Lake CDA.

Ski-me
05-15-2010, 08:24 AM
I use to live in Spokane but now am in Colorado. My mom lives on Hayden Lake and we head out there around the 4th of July. We're on the north end....Henry Point.

madmuffin
05-19-2010, 12:52 AM
Judging by the weather, still definitely May. We seem to be going in the wrong direction this week. Weekend may be on the cool side. Was out-of-town last weekend for a college graduation and my gma's 90th b-day which was fun. Must have been beautiful on the water though! Did anyone here get out there?

Ski-me
05-19-2010, 09:03 AM
A friend went out on Saturday up by Wenatchee. Sent me a picture of his kids in shorts on the water.....lucky!

madmuffin
05-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Good for him. Wenatchee may not be any better off than we are in regards to what's coming for Eastern Washington / Northern Idaho this weekend. Highs in the low to mid 50's and rain. Probably wind also. Wanted to dial in the boat before Memorial Day weekend but may not get there. I have a new surf board showing up this week and it'll be hard to look at it in the corner all lonely!

madmuffin
05-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Well gang, put the boat in Liberty Lake today for a test run and she ran like a champ. I believe we're ready for Memorial Day weekend. Can someone arrange for some sunshine?

madmuffin
05-26-2010, 10:18 PM
So, the weather... Anyone heading to the water this weekend? Planning on Lake CDA.

jipster43
05-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Awesome thread. I'm in Bozeman, but travel through CDA/Spokaloo several times a year on my way to my hometown of Seattle. My folks both went to Gonzaga and all of my brothers were born in Spokane. We used to visit every summer when I was growing up. And, of course, we made it out to Expo '74 twice!

I have a pretty sizeable gaggle of pals from Spokane - Len Burge, Tracy Zumwalt, Scott Harbine, Steve Dukich, Dawn Boughton, and many, many more. Any of those names sound familiar? They were all in high school in the mid '80s.

JP :)

madmuffin
05-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Jipster43, I didn't grow up in the Spokane area myself. Bozeman is beautiful. Lived in Montana myself for a time (Missoula, Great Falls, Plains-Thompson Falls area). Big Sky country!

Ski-me
05-27-2010, 09:23 AM
:)Awesome thread. I'm in Bozeman, but travel through CDA/Spokaloo several times a year on my way to my hometown of Seattle. My folks both went to Gonzaga and all of my brothers were born in Spokane. We used to visit every summer when I was growing up. And, of course, we made it out to Expo '74 twice!

I have a pretty sizeable gaggle of pals from Spokane - Len Burge, Tracy Zumwalt, Scott Harbine, Steve Dukich, Dawn Boughton, and many, many more. Any of those names sound familiar? They were all in high school in the mid '80s.

JP :)

Isn't there a ski lake somewhere along that route? I can't quite remember if it near Bozeman or outside of Butte. We have family in Billings so the Billings to Spokane route was travelled a lot! It was nice to see guys out there sometimes when I drove by......

Um, Expo '74........"Lucky!!" :)

I graduated in 88' from Gonzaga Prep.

madmuffin
06-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Enjoyed a beautiful afternoon on Lake CDA today. Anyone else get out?

BoulderX45
06-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Plans This Summer in the "Inland Northwest"

Last week of June Banks Lake Steamboat Rock State Park
Last week of July Prineville Reservoir, Lake Billy Chinook
First week August Priest Lake

I've got a beer for anyone who needs one! Red and White X45

See Ya On The Lake!

BoulderX45

you could of had a MC
06-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Have a daughter in Spokane, Hope to get to lake CD for some boating this summer...
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=71&pictureid=408

you could of had a MC
06-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Don't forget to check out the Tri-Cities this summer for the... Hydro Boat Races
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=71&pictureid=409

Kell
06-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Plans This Summer in the "Inland Northwest"

First week August Priest Lake

See Ya On The Lake!

BoulderX45

We will be up at Priest that week as well. I'll have to watch for ya. White X2.

rgardjr1
06-10-2010, 12:24 PM

I should be up at Priest that week as well. Our place is near the north end of the lake at Huckleberry Bay. Another white X2 (MS 200). I haven't put the boat in the water yet this year-trying to finish up the lake place, but I'm hoping to put it in Liberty next week for most of June.

rgardjr1
06-10-2010, 12:27 PM
I use to live in Spokane but now am in Colorado. My mom lives on Hayden Lake and we head out there around the 4th of July. We're on the north end....Henry Point.

Jeff you've got a standing invitation to come up to our place at Priest while you're in town. If you can fit it in it would be great to get the kids together and catch up.

Ski-me
06-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Sounds cool, thanks! Love to see your new place and catch up....the pics look great! With any luck, maybe our land on Hayden might be "buildable" in the next few months (long story)!!

Kell
06-10-2010, 10:33 PM
I should be up at Priest that week as well. Our place is near the north end of the lake at Huckleberry Bay. Another white X2 (MS 200). I haven't put the boat in the water yet this year-trying to finish up the lake place, but I'm hoping to put it in Liberty next week for most of June.
We're across from Kalispell Island on the west side. My inlaws have a house on Liberty Lake as well and we often boat there during the week and some weekends.

BoulderX45
06-10-2010, 11:54 PM

We are in a red/white X45 staying at eight mile (profile has some photos). This will be our second time at Priest. Last time was only three days and two of them we had some poor weather. We will be on the look out for you guys. First one to spot the other has to provide a favorite beverage:D

sand2snow22
06-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Priest is always cold and windy. Hope you bring a dry suit and a sailboat. :D

5280Hawk
06-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Man! I used to Live in Sandpoint, and Would love to go back up there with my Boat someday! In the summer we'd mountain bike across the train Bridge (Crazy!) and go swim at Green bay i think it was called... beautiful country up there!

rgardjr1
06-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Priest is always cold and windy. Hope you bring a dry suit and a sailboat. :D

Yea Priest Lake totally sucks! Everyone should go to Coeur d'Alene or Pend Oreille instead ;)

rgardjr1
06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
First one to spot the other has to provide a favorite beverage:D

I usually have some Captain Morgan's on board. Last summer my wife was into Vodka lemonades-so you have a couple months to add these to your favorite beverage list :D

brucemac
06-11-2010, 03:17 PM
i'll be at Banks Lake (sunbanks resort) June 30th - July 4th
look for us boulder, we'll be the one's with the circus of kids running amuck! stop by and say hi.

pend orielle river July 22nd - 25th

and then Lake Roosevelt houseboating August 25th-29th out of Two-Rivers Resort

BoulderX45
06-18-2010, 12:21 AM
look for us boulder, we'll be the one's with the circus of kids running amuck! stop by and say hi.

We will come by and say hi! Our kids love to run amuck with other kids. It will allow them to spread the blame when something goes wrong:)

madmuffin
06-19-2010, 02:08 AM
I was out wakesurfing on Lake CDA this evening. The lake was a ghost town so I had to go out there and give it some company. It was so nice not having the chop. Just me and the Sheriff who pulled me over for a safety check...

madmuffin
06-19-2010, 02:14 AM
Can't blame them though. Not much else to do. They were great guys and wanted to know how the surfing was going. Gave me a chance to warm up a little and then I was back in! :D

rgardjr1
06-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Got an email today showing the MC demo days:

June 26 - Shooter's Marina / Rockford Bay Demo Day

July 1 - Wake board / surf Demo Day at Long Lake with SHOP and Hyperlite

July 9 - 11 - Dover Days Demo Days

July 17 - 18 - Priest Lake Hills Resort Demo Day

July 29 - Eddie's Spaghetti Fest at Arrow Point on Lake Coeur d'Alene

August 7 - Idaho Club Demo Day

August 21 - Customer Appreciation Day at Hayden Marina

I'm planning on making it down to Hills for the Priest Lake demo. I'd like to check out the surf demo day at Long too, but not sure if I'll fit it in.

brucemac
06-30-2010, 03:37 AM

minature golf for cash? :D

iesoccer
07-01-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm in Spokane too! Have a 2004 X-Star on Newman Lake!

rgardjr1
07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Anyone else going to be up at Priest this weekend? I'm planning on making the run down to Hills from Huckleberry Bay. Haven't decided about Saturday or Sunday, but leaning toward Saturday.

MakeMineaS&S
07-16-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't live there, but I am actually considering relocating to Spokane or CDA or the local area.

I'm from Texas where our ski season is 11 months, (12 if you're hardcore), and I'm wondering how long is the season there, realistically? From researching local weather patterns, it looks like it's summer-only June to August.

Truth? That would be kind of a bummer, since outdoor and watersports are a huge part of my life.

What's it like living up there? Figured this might be a decent place to ask, since there are so many "locals" in one thread.

Thanks!

sand2snow22
07-19-2010, 02:57 AM
Well, this year I've realized your assumption is correct. Water probably never warms up to what you are used to in TX, either. Lakes can freeze over in the winter.....

rgardjr1
07-19-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't live there, but I am actually considering relocating to Spokane or CDA or the local area.Thanks!

If you don't want to experience all four seasons then this area is not for you. We usually get our boat in the water mid May and pull it out at the beginning of October. The ski resorts usually open up around Thanksgiving.

brucemac
07-19-2010, 02:00 PM
i think steveo moved from texas to washington state if memory serves. you should private message him for his take on it. he lives near seattle metro though, not eastern washington, but he can probably give some thoughts on his transition.

MakeMineaS&S
07-19-2010, 06:12 PM
If you don't want to experience all four seasons then this area is not for you.

Well, might be moving for job/family considerations, so skiing/fun is only part of the equation. Just seeing how much different it will be.

Overall, I like the "four seasons" weather better, personally, (IMHO, Texas is too brutal in the summer, though I do love the mild winter, both days of it), and the PNW is the epicenter for vintage dirtbiking, (my other passion), so that's a solid plus.

i think steveo moved from texas to washington state if memory serves. you should private message him for his take on it. he lives near seattle metro though, not eastern washington, but he can probably give some thoughts on his transition.

Might fire him off a note. Thanks!

brucemac
07-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Well, might be moving for job/family considerations, so skiing/fun is only part of the equation. Just seeing how much different it will be.

Overall, I like the "four seasons" weather better, personally, (IMHO, Texas is too brutal in the summer, though I do love the mild winter, both days of it), and the PNW is the epicenter for vintage dirtbiking, (my other passion), so that's a solid plus.

Might fire him off a note. Thanks!

when summer does finally hit here, there are some truly remarkable places to boat here with scenery you'd never find in texas--no offense stu. and i can't be sure, but i'd be willing to bet far less people--especially in eastern washington. although the season is short, it won't dissapoint.

headed to our friends cabin on the pend orielle river on wednesday. weather is going to be mid 80's to 90 all week. :D

MakeMineaS&S
07-19-2010, 07:16 PM
headed to our friends cabin on the pend orielle river on wednesday. weather is going to be mid 80's to 90 all week. :D

:(

Been over a hundred here pretty regular.

russlars
07-19-2010, 07:52 PM
when summer does finally hit here, there are some truly remarkable places to boat here with scenery you'd never find in texas--no offense stu. and i can't be sure, but i'd be willing to bet far less people--especially in eastern washington. although the season is short, it won't dissapoint.

Oooh. Pend Orielle River.:D Very envious. Had some great skiing there a few years back. Have a great time!

brad
07-20-2010, 12:07 AM
most of you seem to talk about the bigger lakes around Spokane/Cda area, remember there are plenty of smaller ones around ( Hauser, Twin Lakes, Newman etc. ) also couple hour drive you can be on lake Roosevelt and there and you can have some of the nicest water and nobody arournd.

sand2snow22
07-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Brad, is that Pendo's old boat in your avatar?

brad
07-20-2010, 12:15 AM
got that out of Salt Lake in 2008, thats my replacement from the one that caught on fire from fireworks.

sand2snow22
07-20-2010, 12:28 AM
got that out of Salt Lake in 2008, thats my replacement from the one that caught on fire from fireworks.

Nice upgrade! You like it? I remember the fireworks now. It would be nice if your boat was parked at my dock for a week in August ;) I promise I won't burn it with fireworks :D

brad
07-20-2010, 06:39 PM
love the new boat, not there was anything wrong with the other one ( 96 prostar 205).

OldGlory
07-21-2010, 01:04 PM
MakeMineaS&S, My fam all grew up in central Texas (Lake Travis / Lake LBJ Area). I'm in the military, so frequent relocation is a must for us. We've been up in the Northwest (Boise, ID) for about 18 months now...four seasons is right! With the right gear you can play for 6 months out of the year. You have pics of you S&S? Good luck on the decision...

JJ

brucemac
08-11-2010, 12:42 PM
we'll be on lake roosevelt august 25th-29th, hopefully accross from whitestone (houseboat).

look for my white 2003 X-2. if you're out, stop by and have a cold one.

gr82bgreen
08-22-2010, 08:03 PM
I live in Calgary Canada but have spent time on Flathead lake by Kalispell and will be at lake Koocanusa, Montana side in 2 weeks. Looking forward to it. I should start a Western Canadian thread.

DeVrieski
08-23-2010, 12:56 AM
We have our boat moored on Lake Chelan, but when we want really smooth water, we take it down to lake Entiat. If any of you are in Central Washington, let me know, I would love to meet other MC owners.

madmuffin
09-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Well gentlemen, where did the summer go? And where did it go a couple weeks ago? Looks to be the last weekend for me on Lake CDA. Going to surf it for all its worth. Hope you all have a nice Labor Day weekend!

DeVrieski
09-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Not sure where our summer weather went? This will be one of our last weekends on chelan, but we will still ski on the river for another month or so.

Kell
09-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Wow! from mid 80s to mid 60s over a week, with labor day weekend looking to be cool temps as well. Season is coming to a close way to quick. We will be on CDA Sunday for the day. Hopefully a few warmer days in Sept so we can get out before the winterization process commences!

Kell
09-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Yea Priest Lake totally sucks! Everyone should go to Coeur d'Alene or Pend Oreille instead ;)
Was re-reading this thread to catch up on all the outings, and this had me LOL.....but so true.:D Priest is one awesome place, but finding consistent smooth water can be challenging. We were up there the weekend of 8/28 and it was a ghost town and absolutely smooth water all weekend. On issues was the 41 degrees at 6:30 am.......Had to move my morning ski to about 11:30 am.....;)

FlatH2O
09-06-2010, 02:56 PM
new to the board - found this thread - Madmuffin - I believe that you and I have probably traded rollers on CDA... Also wanted to mention Deer lake North of Spokane the 6:00 am water is always fantastic.

madmuffin
09-07-2010, 01:22 AM
FlatH20, that could be. What do you drive and whereabout on CDA?

rgardjr1
09-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Priest is one awesome place, but finding consistent smooth water can be challenging. We were up there the weekend of 8/28 and it was a ghost town and absolutely smooth water all weekend. On issues was the 41 degrees at 6:30 am.......Had to move my morning ski to about 11:30 am.....;)

Last Friday 09/03 morning (the best of the day of my weekend) air temp was 49 and water temp was 68. The water sure felt nice after being drug around on the wakeboard. I hauled the boat back in yesterday planning on putting it in Liberty for September, but if the forecast doesn't improve it might be getting winterized and hauled back up to Priest for the winter. As far as smooth water goes Huckleberry Bay is the absolute worst place to ski/board on the lake everyone should stay south ;)

Ski-me
09-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Last Friday 09/03 morning (the best of the day of my weekend) air temp was 49 and water temp was 68. The water sure felt nice after being drug around on the wakeboard. I hauled the boat back in yesterday planning on putting it in Liberty for September, but if the forecast doesn't improve it might be getting winterized and hauled back up to Priest for the winter. As far as smooth water goes Huckleberry Bay is the absolute worst place to ski/board on the lake everyone should stay south ;)

Just got word from Smith that your weather over there was wet, cool and windy over the weekend. Sorry to hear. Umm, how 'bout them Cougs? :mad: :rolleyes:

rgardjr1
09-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Just got word from Smith that your weather over there was wet, cool and windy over the weekend. Sorry to hear. Umm, how 'bout them Cougs? :mad: :rolleyes:

Friday was great other than the chilly start-spent the whole day on the water. Rest of the weekend wasn't great from a boating/boarding perspective, but was better than we expected from the forecast earlier in the week. We're heading down to Pullman Saturday with the girls-really happy I bought four season tickets again. Let me know if you want any for any of the other games-I couldn't get anyone to go down with me last year for the second half of the season.

Ski-me
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
65 to 17......that'll get the fans coming!

My boss went to Univ of Oklahoma and he said that Oklahoma State isn't even that good this year. Dang......

BoulderX45
09-07-2010, 09:21 PM
We put in at Roosevelt on Saturday to great water until about 11:30AM:D and then the wind chop started:( Went to Banks on Sunday and Monday to more wind chop:( I thought the weekend was okay until we crossed back over the pass to the west side and hit the rain and cold. This caused a complete change in our thinking and we thought the weekend was great compared to what we could have had if we didn't go east:)

madmuffin
09-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Saturday was a wash on CDA with high winds and gusts into the 30's I believe. Sunday was better but still windy and significantly cooler. Did a little surfing. Monday was nice in the afternoon and actually turned out pretty good with wetsuits as the sun came out, wind was gone and the lake was almost empty except a few fishing boats. Saw one tuber. I find I enjoy some cool days as it thins out the fair-weather boaters!

sand2snow22
09-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Hey, who are you guys using for service up there? I haven't had luck with the MC or Malibu dealer. We recently switched to Chuck at Sundance Marine Services and have been happy thus far. Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm. He is licensed to work on Indmar's. He even came to our lift to chase down a small water leak that we have been fighting for 3 years. Anyway, to date he is cheaper and more detail oriented than the stealerships.......

http://www.boatfxr.com/

rgardjr1
09-29-2010, 01:27 AM
I've been lucky not to need any major work yet. I've done the winterizing and oil changes myself. I heard some good feedback about Chuck over on Wakeworld. I've got a friend that uses Steve's Marine in the Spokane Valley to winterize/summerize his Tige and has been real happy. I'd give the MC dealer that is 5 minutes away a shot if I ever needed to. They've been helpful when I've dropped in and asked questions in the past. I know they're not going to be the cheapest, but I'd like to try to support them. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing now that they have Supra/Moomba and Centurion too.

sand2snow22
09-29-2010, 01:51 AM
They've been helpful when I've dropped in and asked questions in the past. I know they're not going to be the cheapest, but I'd like to try to support them. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing now that they have Supra/Moomba and Centurion too.

I sincerely hope you have better luck than I did. I will never support them again. I can PM/e-mail you a lengthy letter for your reading pleasure. :o

BTW, Chuck has a cabin on Priest. So, if you're ever in a bind, I would give him a call.

rgardjr1
09-29-2010, 10:41 AM
BTW, Chuck has a cabin on Priest. So, if you're ever in a bind, I would give him a call.

That's a deal maker since my boat lives at Priest now that our cabin is finished. Send me that pm-I'd like a little more information about your issues with the local dealer.

dboat
10-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Just picked up our first MasterCraft! Looking forward to Roosevelt, Hayden, etc.

russlars
10-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Just picked up our first MasterCraft! Looking forward to Roosevelt, Hayden, etc.
Okay, you've had your 2 free posts now. Where are the pics of the new MC??? Next post better have some pics!
Oh and by the way, welcome aboard.

rslong50
10-26-2010, 11:50 PM
We just bought our first MC from NorCal. 1998 Prostar 205. Looking for some Upholstry advice if anyone has any. First, my sundeck blew off on the highway during the transport up; so I need a new one of those made. Second, the guy I bought if from had the back bench seat redone and he didn't bother to check it before shipping it up. The back seat was done wrond and it falls to the floor. Any of you have any suggestions for a good upholster around here. Vince at Alpine haus recommended ABC and Royal. Any advice?

DeVrieski
10-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I haven't had to use anyone for upholstery, but I have taken Vince's advice on other repairs needed and have always been pleased. Vince knows the business well and his been doing it for a long time.

Congratulations on the new boat. It is a great boat.

lawless1
10-27-2010, 12:19 PM
C & B Upholstery in Spokane did a really good job for us.

gotta_ski
11-05-2010, 06:18 AM
+1 for C&B. If you call around they are usually on the high end on price, but their work is perfect and Keith in there will do whatever it takes to make you happy. Top notch work.

jddavis6
11-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Live on Moses Lake, own an 08 MC X-2. We do it all, Wakeboard, Surf and Ski.

Shaun315
05-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Time to revive this thread since the weather is finally getting nice... anyone on lake CdA this weekend? Looking to skip work tomorrow and hit the lake, wondering how the lake level / launches were.

old blue
05-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Sending my 83' stars and strips into c and b Monday. Complete rebuild. Hopefully motor in this weekend.

I'm on Long Lake, the waters back up and the current is slowing. Everyone needs to ski the eddies and lee shores to be careful of floaters. Always some glass some place, 23 miles of lake.

Kent

you could of had a MC
08-01-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=71&pictureid=408

Lets see some shine, its sunny in the Tri-Cities today.

slimm71
08-01-2012, 06:42 PM
New to Team Talk and this is the first time posting so hopefully I don't screw this up. New owner of a 2002 19 skier usually out on Roosevelt or Long Lake & enjoying every minute.

you could of had a MC
08-02-2012, 05:15 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=71&pictureid=413

Nice boat..only thing that I'd do is give it some STARS

Sullivan
08-03-2012, 11:03 PM
I'll be at long lake next Thursday for 4 or 5 days. I hope the course is going in soon!