PDA

View Full Version : Box Anchor - Sodar?

CantRepeat
05-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Hey, what size box anchor did you get?

I know they have a size chart but I'm not sure if you went oversized. I remember you posting about having your boat in Parker and I know that place can have some real current going.

Thanks

Sodar
05-05-2010, 04:38 PM
I just got the small size and it has yet to fail me. I use it also down in Blythe, where the current can be double what it is in Parker and I still have not had any problems.

I could have probably gotten away with the Extra Small, but the Small does just fine.

TX.X-30 fan
05-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Not what I heard. Jus Sayin

Sodar
05-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Nothing Personal.

CantRepeat
05-05-2010, 04:59 PM
I just got the small size and it has yet to fail me. I use it also down in Blythe, where the current can be double what it is in Parker and I still have not had any problems.

I could have probably gotten away with the Extra Small, but the Small does just fine.

Thanks. Placed my order on one.

CantRepeat
05-09-2010, 08:31 AM
lol, got the anchor on Friday and went out yesterday. We were anchored up by the dam and when they opened the gates the current started racing. Had my boat and a buddies tied to the back of my boat and that little anchor held them both as we saw a 38 foot Fountain go floating by with the owner in hot pursuit!!

deminimis
07-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Got my Box Anchor today. I was extremely bummed to see a "Made in China" sticker prominently displayed on the anchor. Oh well, I guess that's for a different thread. Sure hope this sucker works (small).

bainez23
07-13-2010, 05:28 PM
i also have a small box anchor works excellent like sodar said even in blythe where i had two boats tied up to myself and it held just fine i was more worried about my anchor line