PDA

View Full Version : 2004 X2 Bimini top...help!

X2 finally
05-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I have a 04 X2 with a ZeroFlex tower and two speakers (center mounted) on it. The bimini top connects to the windshield with three snap in clips on each side. I see many photos of other boats where the top is closed up, zippered and resting on or against the tower for traveling. I can't figure out how to do this? When I disconnect the front clip it'll fold back a ways, then unclip the back and it fold up, but won't rest on tower? Speakers also get in the way of folding it up. Legs are swinging, which I can fix with some velcro strips or bungees. I'm just wondering if I am missing a part or something or if there is a trick to get this to work. I'd like to leave it on all the time and just open it up when needed. If anyone has the same set up, please let me know.

Thanks! Happy Skiing!!!

sand2snow22
05-03-2010, 09:24 PM
X2, finally, send Sodar a PM about the rubber under your tower.

Sorry, no help with your bimini.

NoSubstitute
05-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Here's what my tower bimini looks like folded up. It doesn't rest on the tower, but the rear supports keep it close.

X2 finally
05-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Great photo! That's exactly what I want to do, did you just disconnect the front legs of the frame? When I tried that, my speakers are in the way. Mine are center mounted, maybe that's the difference? I would have to unhook the back supports too to get it closed... or did you disconnect the front two supports? I can't tell from the photo. Then what are you using to keep the legs from swinging all over the place? Are those special clips? Do you travel with it this way?

Thanks for your help!

Wake2004
05-04-2010, 11:39 AM
disconnect the front legs then raise the rear legs up. There should be a ball lock (not sure what the correct term is) that will release and allow the rear legs to be extended while still attached to the boat. I had to drill a new hole so that the bimini would not hit the speakers. Sorry I do not have the correct photo.

brucemac
05-04-2010, 11:05 PM
hey finally, i replied to your pm.

sand2snow22
05-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Finally, post pics of your boat, too.....

X2 finally
05-05-2010, 01:56 AM
Wake2004.....So do you end up with the center and the back legs still attached to the windshield? My top only has 3 legs, the short front ones and the two longer ones for the center and back. The back legs do have the ball lock to extend, but if I extend them, they get closer to the speakers? I could collapse them to lower it maybe? Can't try, it's an hour away in storage! Hopefully this weekend... water still pretty cold here!!

2000XPSD
05-05-2010, 01:29 PM
mine has 3 legs too...all you do is shorten the back one

NoSubstitute
05-05-2010, 11:51 PM
So do you end up with the center and the back legs still attached to the windshield? My top only has 3 legs, the short front ones and the two longer ones for the center and back. The back legs do have the ball lock to extend, but if I extend them, they get closer to the speakers? I could collapse them to lower it maybe? Can't try, it's an hour away in storage! Hopefully this weekend... water still pretty cold here!!
I leave the back and center legs attached to the frame and extended. The front legs are disconnected. The frame doesn't hit the speakers, although for traveling, you could keep the rear legs retracted in the lower hole. They keep "from swinging all over the place" by the clips on the frame.

Wake2004
05-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Wake2004.....So do you end up with the center and the back legs still attached to the windshield? My top only has 3 legs, the short front ones and the two longer ones for the center and back. The back legs do have the ball lock to extend, but if I extend them, they get closer to the speakers? I could collapse them to lower it maybe? Can't try, it's an hour away in storage! Hopefully this weekend... water still pretty cold here!!

Yes, leave the center and back legs attached. I had to drill a new hole about 2" below the top hole for the ball lock so that the Bimini does not hit my speakers. I will try to get a picture next weekend when I pull mine out of storage.

ksdaoski
06-02-2010, 09:52 PM
just called on your boat 4 days ago...still listed for sale at skippers