PDA

View Full Version : Thank you CSM crowd for your help!

Jesus_Freak
05-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I have never met the Friday crowd (since I have only been on Saturdays), but I am immensely impressed by the Saturday group. Thank you all for helping me through that whole "JF's head meets ski fin with body in a scorpion position in a bad OTF" thing. My wife took me to the ER here in East TN last night, after bleeding for 7 hours, to get stapled up. My spine feels like it has been hit by a bus today, but I am praising God the incident was not worse and that you guys were around. I realize this is not the worst ski accident in history and that there are plenty of "real men" 8p out there who have been through worse.

Below is a list of specific people that I can remember. Thank you again! Sorry if I left anyone out...

Jason - Great boat driving :), helping me in boat, giving me cloth diapers for my head, etc.
Mike - Too much to list
Lee - Opening up your house and giving me many paper towels
Lane - Fixing me a bag of ice
? - Whoever brought me a hand full of Ibuprofen while I was laid out in the grass
Andrew, Kingsley, Aremsing - Making me promise to seek professional help

You guys rock!

EDIT: Clarification that the "scorpion" position was referring to the fact that my ski was still completely attached when my fin hit the back of my head.

Chief
05-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Good to hear you went to the ER and all is well! That cut looked pretty nasty. Keep charging!

DemolitionMan
05-02-2010, 05:48 PM
JF sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you feel better.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Your head will heal - how is the ski? Seriously, glad to hear you were so well taken care of. Those head wounds can be a handful. Good luck with getting rid of the headache.

Hammer
05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Glad you were OK! Hope you get back out there quick. See you next year!

shepherd
05-03-2010, 11:09 AM
"JF's head meets ski fin with body in a scorpion position in a bad OTF" thing.

Did anybody get a picture of this? 8p

I'm sorry your weekend got cut short by such a nasty incident, but glad you survived OK. I hope I get to ski with you guys again next year.

SkiDog
05-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Did anybody get a picture of this? 8p

I'm sorry your weekend got cut short by such a nasty incident, but glad you survived OK. I hope I get to ski with you guys again next year.

I tried, but he wouldn't let me, so I respected that decision. Even though he was in NO shape to make a decision like that. Talk about dazed & confused! Glad you're OK Wayne!
BTW, you did forget the one thing that our soon to be newest member said to you when she saw it. too bad it can't be repeated here!:D Trust me, she meant no disrespect, she just didn't know.;)

Kingsley X-1
05-03-2010, 12:16 PM
yea man sorry about what Precious said. she had no idea and i think she was a little to inebriated to read your shirt.

she did tell me to tell you she was extremely embarrassed and she is very very sorry.

Glad you went to the Dr. i know you hate them, but in that situation it needed to be done.

Look on the bright side. now you can show your battle scar and say "yes i know what a nasty fall is" (lifting your hair and showing the scar).

Kingsley X-1
05-03-2010, 12:17 PM
btw how many staples???

JohnE
05-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about the fall Wayne.

Jesus_Freak
05-04-2010, 12:13 PM
btw how many staples???

Only 5 spaced at maybe 0.75".

Jesus_Freak
05-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Thank you all for your responses and the PMs!!

aremsing
05-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Glad to hear you went to the doctor and everything turned out ok. That was a nasty spill, just glad to hear you are alright.
Get back out there soon.
Chicks dig scars!!!

H20skeefreek
05-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow, JF, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you had a great crew with you to take care of you. Praise God that you are ok! Make sure you post pics of your battle scars.

SkiDog
05-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Wow, JF, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you had a great crew with you to take care of you. Praise God that you are ok! Make sure you post pics of your battle scars.

He wouldn't let me take any pics!:D

JohnE
05-04-2010, 07:21 PM
He wouldn't let me take any pics!:D

Sounds like he wasn't in a position to stop you. :confused:

ski_king
05-04-2010, 07:34 PM

Based on that, that is a 3+ in cut. I agree, we need pictures.

ski/hunt
05-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm thinking a pic or two now would still be good.

Jesus_Freak
05-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Based on that, that is a 3+ in cut. I agree, we need pictures.

Yes, 0.75*(n+1) = 4.5.

I will ask my mother (wife) if I can post a picture. :o:D

Jesus_Freak
05-05-2010, 12:28 PM

Thanks dude. Agreed on all counts.

Jesus_Freak
05-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Here is a picture from a cheesy camera phone. Finally skied again today. My back is still very sore. Thanks again to all the peeps who helped!

Hammer
05-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Nice shot Wayne! Glad you made it back out!

thatsmrmastercraft
05-19-2010, 10:50 PM
That is a nice slice in your skull. Glad they were able to put you back together again.

Jesus_Freak
05-19-2010, 11:34 PM
That is a nice slice in your skull. Glad they were able to put you back together again.

Thanks. Do you think it would make a good advertisement for a D3 Nomad or Approach bindings? :)

thatsmrmastercraft
05-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks. Do you think it would make a good advertisement for a D3 Nomad or Approach bindings? :)

Well, your head will heal, but if you damaged your ski or binding it wouldn't grow itself back together. Sounds like one tough ski. :D

Jesus_Freak
05-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Well, your head will heal, but if you damaged your ski or binding it wouldn't grow itself back together. Sounds like one tough ski. :D

Good one. No, it didnt hurt anything but my body, but I do appreciate your concern. :D:D

CLTMC
05-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Wow, nice close up pic!! That was me that gave you the Ibuprofen by the way. You were scaring me laying in the yard, I kept an eye on you. Did not want a dead Jesus freak in my yard during the party. Hope you have another chance to conquer the course.

Jesus_Freak
05-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Wow, nice close up pic!! That was me that gave you the Ibuprofen by the way. You were scaring me laying in the yard, I kept an eye on you. Did not want a dead Jesus freak in my yard during the party. Hope you have another chance to conquer the course.

Great to know, thank you again Lee!

No more course for me...probably ever. Actually just put all my buoys for sale in the marketplace!

SkiDog
05-20-2010, 04:34 PM

No more course for me...probably ever. Actually just put all my buoys for sale in the marketplace!

Oh heck no! We ain't gonna have a quitter on our hands! NEVER let a ski whip you behind!:o

JohnE
05-20-2010, 06:33 PM

Get back on the horse Wayne. Seriously. You gotta be the first to give up a monza and then take a killer spill. If I were laying on Lee's lawn needing ibuprofin it wouldn't have been for taking a ski on the back of the head.:D

Hammer
05-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Get back on the horse Wayne. Seriously. You gotta be the first to give up a monza and then take a killer spill. If I were laying on Lee's lawn needing ibuprofin it wouldn't have been for taking a ski on the back of the head.:D

It's been so long since you were at CSM how could you be so sure? Maybe you will have to show us how its done CSM '11!!!

Hammer
05-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Wayne, I am goung to have to agree with the others on this one, you can't give up after a spill! If I had given up after a big spill I'd be a wakeboarder by now! ;)

ski/hunt
05-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Can't quit!! To young and we have yet to ski together!! Let's hook up in Tn. soon! Where is a course near you? Come to the east and we can hit the one on Tellico. I'll be home maybe in time for memorial weekend, so then or right after...Serious I want to learn the course and you need to get back to it!! As I was told many times while racing motocross "Its just a flesh wound!! Suck it up". It worked most times:)

SkiDog
05-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Wayne, I am goung to have to agree with the others on this one, you can't give up after a spill! If I had given up after a big spill I'd be a wakeboarder by now! ;)
Or a surfer!

Jesus_Freak
05-21-2010, 12:51 PM
You all are too kind. I was certainly not expecting this encouragement. Thank you. I will think about it, but until then, my balls (however you want to take that) are still in the marketplace. :D Yes, I fought the course and the course won.

CLTMC
05-21-2010, 03:04 PM

I agree get back on the horse! And keep your health insurance current. Lol

JohnE
05-21-2010, 05:30 PM
You all are too kind. I was certainly not expecting this encouragement. Thank you. I will think about it, but until then, my balls (however you want to take that) are still in the marketplace. :D Yes, I fought the course and the course won.

In all seriousness get back out there and soon. I know it must have scared you, but don't let it get the best of you. The spinal stretch is scary, but that bump on the noggin probably made you remember that one equation......

JimN
05-21-2010, 06:26 PM

Pffft! 5 measly staples? I got 9 from hitting my head on a rafter. Not one of the nice new ones with the rounded edges- one that's probably 80 years old, with really crisp edges. I was sure I would feel brains when I touched it but...

Good to hear you weren't hurt worse. You were meaning to work on your flexibility anyway, right?

JimN
05-21-2010, 06:31 PM

It won that round. Go for 2 out of 3. Chances are good that it won't happen again. C'mon! We didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, did we?

Jesus_Freak
05-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Pffft! 5 measly staples? I got 9 from hitting my head on a rafter. Not one of the nice new ones with the rounded edges- one that's probably 80 years old, with really crisp edges. I was sure I would feel brains when I touched it but...

Good to hear you weren't hurt worse. You were meaning to work on your flexibility anyway, right?

Yes, as I noted up front, :D it was not the manliest of accidents. The spine was much worse than the head.

It won that round. Go for 2 out of 3. Chances are good that it won't happen again. C'mon! We didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, did we?

I appreciate your support, dude. Nice analogy. I dont remember the Pearl Harbor incident happening quite that way, but I trust you. 8p

Jesus_Freak
05-21-2010, 10:28 PM
...., but that bump on the noggin probably made you remember that one equation......

The equations are not hard to remember....how I derived them is the hard part...

JimN
05-22-2010, 04:06 AM
Yes, as I noted up front, :D it was not the manliest of accidents. The spine was much worse than the head.

I appreciate your support, dude. Nice analogy. I dont remember the Pearl Harbor incident happening quite that way, but I trust you. 8p

Head wounds bleed like a stuck pig and manliness has nothing to do with it- 5 staples is bad enough.

You've never seen 'Animal House'? That's where the Pearl Harbor comment came from.

Jesus_Freak
05-24-2010, 12:36 PM
You've never seen 'Animal House'? That's where the Pearl Harbor comment came from.

Oh, OK. I knew it was a joke, but didnt know the reference. I have only seen bits and pieces.

shepherd
05-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Ahhh, this explains getting rid of the buoys... I hope you change your mind and eventually get back out there.