PDA

View Full Version : tower sound out of ski boat

slickwater1
05-02-2010, 09:43 AM
anyway of mounting audio devices in a prostar, no tower, that will allow you to hear music similar to our wakeboard boat set-up? love to free ski and also working on course. and just parking the boat and chilling. would love to have a good rear projected sound.

BriEOD
05-02-2010, 09:46 AM
You could use a Skylon (pole/sleeve that slips over your existing ski pylon) and mount speakers on the top.

Jim@BAWS
05-02-2010, 09:50 AM
There is a company that makes a set of speakers that clamp to an extended pylon that do not interfere with boardig or skiing. More that than likely the audio company vs. the extended pylon company. I have seen them in use

Jim@BAWS

Chicago190
05-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Epic boats mounts them in the transom. Other than an extended pylon with speakers, the only thing I can think of is a tower.

Ubugme2
05-02-2010, 09:46 PM
I have seen them mounted in the dash facing aft. Its out of the way and points rearward.

slickwater1
05-03-2010, 09:31 AM
how are the speakers wired for a pylon. obviously through the floor, but can I take the pylon out and just ski

wakewander
05-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Here is how i was able to do mine! i found a bracket that used to mount the wakeboard rack. i built me some boxes and reinforced the inside with metal L bracket to help carry the weight! Not most ideal but effective! pic wont load if you want give me your email and i will forward the picture!

TayMC197
05-03-2010, 11:38 AM
look at Kyle's setup... You could even make a shorter pole to slip over the pylon, just for speakers... Or just make a box that can temporarly attach ontop of your motor box... have it strap down to the sides... just suggestions.