PDA

View Full Version : Pro Wakeboard Tour May 22 Georgia

NSXBill
04-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Lake Allatoona - mark your calendars!

TN X-45
04-27-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm in! Camping out Saturday night. Any suggestion as to where would be best?

Yellow X9
04-27-2010, 09:04 PM
When is the tour date for N. Texas ?

TMCNo1
04-27-2010, 09:19 PM
When is the tour date for N. Texas ?

Here, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=672230&postcount=1

http://wakeboardingmag.com/features/...akeboard-tour/ (http://wakeboardingmag.com/features/2010/03/29/top-10-reasons-to-attend-the-2010-pro-wakeboard-tour/)

2010 Pro Wakeboard Tour Schedule

Acworth, Georgia
Dallas Landing Park
May 22

Fort Worth, Texas
Texas MasterCraft
June 12

Elizabeth Town, Kentucky
Freeman Lake Park
June19

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Memorial Park
July 24

Knoxville, Tennessee
Volunteer Landing
Aug. 14

NSXBill
05-18-2010, 02:18 PM
OK, who's going this weekend to the Lake Allatoona event (Dallas Landing in Acworth, GA)?

I'll be there Saturday and probably Friday. Good chance of rain both days :rolleyes:

cmw
05-18-2010, 04:03 PM
We will be there Friday and Sat. Camping at Mckinney campground.

Cousin_Jeff
05-19-2010, 10:28 AM
We'll be there on Saturday. I think we are going to be on the beach and not in our boat.

NSXBill
05-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Yes, I was in my boat for this two years ago on the first day and then on the beach for the second day. Beach is WAY better...lots of fun!

TN X-45
05-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Is there any easy way to access the beach by boat?

NSXBill
05-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Is there any easy way to access the beach by boat?

Judging from when I was there two years ago, no. The course was between the spectator boats and the beach, so couldn't swim across that area. The beach turns to woods on either side, so swimming to there would require some traversing of woods to get to beach. Not sure if there is any down time when boats could come closer, say into the course to drop swimmers, but they collect admission, so pretty sure they wouldn't go for that.

cmw
05-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Overton's is sending me free tickets to the event. Asked me if I wanted to go and I said yes. Anybody else get that email.
If you're having trouble viewing this email, click here to view in your web browser.

Enjoy the fun and excitement of the MasterCraft Tour for Free! To get your free tickets ($10 value), simply click here to fill out a request form. We'll send up to six tickets to the address you provide early next week. All requests must be made by the end of day on Tuesday, May 18.

We have a limited number of tickets, so get yours NOW!

NSXBill
05-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Overton's is sending me free tickets to the event. Asked me if I wanted to go and I said yes. Anybody else get that email.

Yes, I got that too. Haven't seen my tickets yet tho.....

cmw
05-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Nor have I. I did go by the event site today. Looks bigger than years before. Three aux coastguard boats, two fishing boats and me.

TN X-45
05-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Weather is looking VERY sketchy for tomorrow! Hope Saturday is OK.....

timvan
05-21-2010, 10:45 AM
hows the view from the water? Hoping to go on Sat

Cousin_Jeff
05-21-2010, 10:49 AM
I entered for the free tickets too but have not seen them yet either. Hopefully they come today.

TN X-45
05-21-2010, 11:14 AM
I have not been before, but it looks like from all of the videos I have seen that you are right on top of the action. Kinda worries me though, b/c I dont want to washed out by wakes all day. Thoughts?

cmw
05-21-2010, 11:21 AM
They have set up some floating barriers, but it looks closer than in past years.

nitro5238
05-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Was there yesterday from about noon til 4pm. Yes they do have those floating barriers out but we could still see pretty good action on the big ramps. You can pull up pretty close, they have a big cable with orange floats that are pretty self explanatory...meaning don't come any closer. the weather was great yesterday and lots of ski boats were filtering in right about the time they announced the last rider of the day! Oh well guess most people were not off from work on a Thursday in time to get there. Cmw was correct about the Coast guard boats, for a while I was the only boat out there with Mastercraft written on the side. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for Saturday...it is storming pretty bad outside right now ( I live less than 10 minutes from the venue.) Hope you guys have fun out there tommorrow...I will be on duty so today was my last shot..guess there's always next year.

TN X-45
05-21-2010, 05:04 PM
I went by land today - they were not asking for tix, but it was a pretty sparse crowd. Rained out about 3pm. Staying at Old HWY 41 campground. Looking forward to some good weather tomorrow - I be there in the blue and silver metal flake X-45. They said you can swim ashore to check things out in between riders - lots of booths set up. I plan on bringing a tube and swimming the family in.

NoMoreBeggin MC
05-21-2010, 09:40 PM
We were out thursday. Seen a lot of MC's around. We will be there tomorrow as well.

TN X-45
05-22-2010, 10:56 AM
we're off!

cmw
05-24-2010, 02:39 PM
We had a great time at the event. MUCH bigger than in "08". They did let people swim over to land and the event boats came out to us. I did get my tickets from overton"s, they were sitting by the front door when I got home from the event Sat. night.

timvan
05-24-2010, 03:27 PM
View of the party

dguille
05-24-2010, 08:28 PM
PWT in Acworth this year was unreal! We had so much fun. Below are a few pictures from our boat. Zane was driving Parks, Dean Smith, Bob Soven & a film crew from Fuel around and next thing we know Bob is shotgunning beers on our boat and having a dance off and then Parks swims over and is taking pictures with everyone on our boat. They hung with our group for a good 25 minutes. Should be interesting to see if they can show anything on Fuel because it got a little R rated with Bob and some of the ladies. More pictures to post real soon. Best PWT event I have ever seen. Way to go MC!

NSXBill
05-27-2010, 10:56 AM
This event was the best! We had a great time. A few pics. Last one is my kid and some friends in the water there, but shows the great boat party turnout in the background.

cmw
06-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm a little late with pictures, but...58493

58494 We headed into Illinois creek for a break during the day. I have more pictures, but having trouble posting them.