PDA

View Full Version : Double Handles

east tx skier
06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
For those I recall inquiring if anyone knew a source for double handles, here you go.

Double Handle from Schnitz (http://www.schnitzskis.com/pages/460866/index.htm)

ktn_cmu
06-21-2005, 05:31 PM
That's what I learned on, but I sure wouldn't go back...

tex
06-21-2005, 05:41 PM
I skied in a show where we some Australians hooked up a pair to my barefoot line as a joke. It was a comedy barefoot where they handed me the line in front of the crowd. I was stuck and had to do a flying dock with them. Man, was it weird! Just for the record, I made the full circle!

jimmer2880
06-22-2005, 07:06 AM
I skied in a show where we some Australians hooked up a pair to my barefoot line as a joke. It was a comedy barefoot where they handed me the line in front of the crowd. I was stuck and had to do a flying dock with them. Man, was it weird! Just for the record, I made the full circle!

That HAD to be a heck of a surprise

bucky
06-22-2005, 07:17 AM
I remember split handles from about 1983, and didn't like them then. What was their purpose?

sizzler
06-22-2005, 07:55 AM
we had split handles when we used to ski-race.....wrap them around your back and hold with one hand,,and grab hold of another"grip" with the other hand

east tx skier
06-22-2005, 11:27 AM
I remember split handles from about 1983, and didn't like them then. What was their purpose?

They were used, in many instances, by uncoordinated people like me to help us get up on a slalom ski. The modern replacement (deep-v handle) is much cooler looking. The double handles provided incentive to learn to get up with one though. I still remember putting them together when I first could get up on one stick consistently so that it looked like a single.